T Nation

Cleasing Detox Kit : Usefull?

Hi,

For many years i’ve been told be a naturopathic doctor, that we need to cleanse and detox our body at least 1 or twice a year. Body cleanse is also required for bodybuilders to eliminate toxines created by high protein diet and also to help digestion of nutrients.

I’m talking about detox kit such as renew life total cleanse : www.renewlife.ca/products.php?id=39

But recently I heard a totally different opinion from a pharmacist stating that the body doesn’t need to be cleanse and that these products are a totally useless.

I am confused…any thoughts??

The body is very good at managing the ins and outs of our daily diets. We’re built to last, sorta. I don’t think we need to worry about cleansing.

[quote]elusive wrote:
The body is very good at managing the ins and outs of our daily diets. We’re built to last, sorta. I don’t think we need to worry about cleansing.[/quote]

I agree. Not to mention, stay away from toxins (best you can) to begin with.

Anyone have thoughts on the supposed mercury poisoning from too much tuna?

Read the Laroyal thread in T-Cell Alpha

[quote]bdadam01 wrote:
Anyone have thoughts on the supposed mercury poisoning from too much tuna?[/quote]

Mercury poisoning isn’t something I would worry about. The levels established were established for pregnant women to avoid poisoning the fetus.

A fetus weighs a small fraction of what most of us weigh.

Also, you don’t need to detox. Like some of the other guys said, your body does a pretty good job of clearing crap out.

My dads a GI doctor, I called and ran the question by him and his statement “its all bs.”

There ya go