clearing lactic acid with PW cardio

Ah but Berardi prescribes post workout cardio in “Construction of a T-Man” if I remember correctly and I would sure prefer looking like Berardi than Louie Simmons. Just my personal preference of course. Opinions may vary … especially with Goldberg since he’s more of the powerlifter type at the moment judging from his “fat and happy” pics.

MR

You can’t judge how effective something is by looks. Just because you do post workout cardio, you will not look like JB and if you don’t do post workout cardio, you will not look like Louie.

Anyway, I heard that Brad Pitt gets his hair cut at Mayann’s Salon, so I want to look like Brad Pitt, so I think I’ll set up an appointment.

That wasn’t the point that I was trying to make but thanks for the input. I think most people can see that most powerlifters aren’t necessarily concerned with controlling their fat mass and thus wouldn’t be too concerned with cardio whether post workout or any other time for that matter.

hahahahahhaah. Great point Brent. Louie Simmons also eats ravioli. I guess if want to be as strong as him, then i need to eat ravioli. hahahahha.

Actually MR, most powerlifters have weight classes that they must stay in so not worrying about fat is not an option for most. After my next contest im gonna get back down to 242 so ill definitely worried about how fat i am at that point.

Agreed. I did some high school powerlifting competitions when I was wrestling so I dimly remember the whole process. The big boys aren’t very worried about the weight gain though. They just want to be as big as possible. My comment about you was meant tongue in cheek anyhow. Hard to get that across on the net. No offense towards you or powerlifters intended!

The reason I would listen to what Simmons has to say is that he is in his mid 50’s, posts great numbers and works out something like 14 times per week, so he obviously knows what to do in order to recover from a workout. Hell I know a 34 year old who cannot handle working out more than twice a week because his work capacity sucks and he had no idea how to do extra workouts to recover from training.

I work out with a guy that has been at it hard for 15 years now. He can handle more sets and seemingly recover a lot quicker than I can. However, he’s always been able to do it. He hardly ever gets sore and that’s how he’s always been. I lifted weights for 7 years and always got sore. I quit for 7 years and have been lifting again for about 3 years and I still get sore every workout in almost every body part. People are different. Back to the original statement, I don’t know about cardio clearing lactic acid but it greatly diminishes DOMS for ME.