Clearance Time for Valium?

I’m a 240lb athlete who trains vigorously every day. My body fat is between 15-20%. I do a lot of both weights and cardio. The other day, I had to take a piss test for work, and then I remembered afterward that I had taken a 10mg. Valium three days prior to the test to help me fall asleep.

I never take Valium, and that pill had absolutely no effect on me. I drank about a quart of water before the test as well- just to be safe. I haven’t gotten the results yet- probably by tomorrow. Anyone out there know if I’m safe?

You are fucked.

Was the prescription in your name?

Some of those tests only look for certain substances. With many people on prescription drugs nowadays, they might not even be looking for valium.

[quote]theuofh wrote:
Some of those tests only look for certain substances. With many people on prescription drugs nowadays, they might not even be looking for valium. [/quote]
Benzo’s are pretty standard.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]theuofh wrote:
Some of those tests only look for certain substances. With many people on prescription drugs nowadays, they might not even be looking for valium. [/quote]
Benzo’s are pretty standard. [/quote]

Correct… You’re doomed. 10 days detection.

What the fuck would you just pop a valium??

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
What the fuck would you just pop a valium??[/quote]

I’m not sure, but I’d start by asking the 1970’s.

[quote]twojarslave wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
What the fuck would you just pop a valium??[/quote]

I’m not sure, but I’d start by asking the 1970’s.[/quote]

the original chill pill…

OP, do you perhaps have a prescription?

Years back docs had my ex wife on so much valium, that they told me if we gave that much valium to our horses they would sleep all day, and only get up to BM, water or eat. She quit taking the valium, and is now ex wife, too bad the product had no hang over for her.

Why would your work care if you’ve taken Valium? You could’ve got it on a script or at the ER or something. But yes, it will definitely show up in your piss. I think 10 days is the minimum for benzodiazepines and Valium is a benzo that stays in your system for ages - ie, long half-life.

You never take it and you took 10mg and it had no effect on you? When I was prescribed it many years ago and the first time I took 5mg I felt it within a couple of minutes. Pretty crazy indeed.

I would agree that you are probably fucked if you don’t have a prescription.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
You never take it and you took 10mg and it had no effect on you? When I was prescribed it many years ago and the first time I took 5mg I felt it within a couple of minutes. Pretty crazy indeed.

I would agree that you are probably fucked if you don’t have a prescription. [/quote]

Why? He could’ve been given it at the ER. Besides, is his employer going to ask him to bring in a prescription and show him? Seriously? You give the script to the pharmacist when you fill it and even if you get a copy most people would throw it away unless they needed it for a tax deduction or something. But seriously, are you saying that an employer would ask you to bring in a prescription to show them?

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

I would agree that you are probably fucked if you don’t have a prescription. [/quote]

Why? He could’ve been given it at the ER. Besides, is his employer going to ask him to bring in a prescription and show him? Seriously? You give the script to the pharmacist when you fill it and even if you get a copy most people would throw it away unless they needed it for a tax deduction or something. But seriously, are you saying that an employer would ask you to bring in a prescription to show them?[/quote]

Yes to your final question. They prescribe many things an employer would not want showing up in a urine test, lest you have a prescription. The burben would be on the employee to demonstrate why the substance is in the sample.

[quote]AliveAgain36 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Why? He could’ve been given it at the ER. Besides, is his employer going to ask him to bring in a prescription and show him? Seriously? You give the script to the pharmacist when you fill it and even if you get a copy most people would throw it away unless they needed it for a tax deduction or something. But seriously, are you saying that an employer would ask you to bring in a prescription to show them?[/quote]

Yes to your final question. They prescribe many things an employer would not want showing up in a urine test, lest you have a prescription. The burben would be on the employee to demonstrate why the substance is in the sample.[/quote]

yeah if they go to the trouble to test you then they definitely care if something shows up on it, even if it is something relatively benign like valium

[quote]AliveAgain36 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Yes to your final question. They prescribe many things an employer would not want showing up in a urine test, lest you have a prescription. The burben would be on the employee to demonstrate why the substance is in the sample.[/quote]

Wow, that’s really tyrannical. As I’ve shown there are many instances where you might legitimately take Valium and not have a prescription.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

This is what I do for a living. He will have to prove it was prescribed, not to his employer but to the Medical Review Officer (doctor who certifies the drug screen results).

Usually you can just give the MRO the name of the pharmacy where it was filled or the prescribing doctor and the MRO will call and verify. If it was given at the ER, it’s the same process. Give the MRO the name of the doctor or the name of the ER and they will verify.

If it was a valid prescription, it comes back as negative. Depending on the levels in his system, it may be marked as safety sensitive. If there is no prescription, it’s a positive test. If you try to dodge the MRO’s calls, after 7 days (varies from place to place) it will be considered a non-contact positive.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
As I’ve shown there are many instances where you might legitimately take Valium and not have a prescription.[/quote]

Even if it was in the ER, a doctor prescribed it. There is no legitimate way to get Valium without a prescription here.

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

This is what I do for a living. He will have to prove it was prescribed, not to his employer but to the Medical Review Officer (doctor who certifies the drug screen results).

Usually you can just give the MRO the name of the pharmacy where it was filled or the prescribing doctor and the MRO will call and verify. If it was given at the ER, it’s the same process. Give the MRO the name of the doctor or the name of the ER and they will verify.

If it was a valid prescription, it comes back as negative. Depending on the levels in his system, it may be marked as safety sensitive. If there is no prescription, it’s a positive test. If you try to dodge the MRO’s calls, after 7 days (varies from place to place) it will be considered a non-contact positive.

[/quote]

Well that answers all the OP’s questions. Sounds really tyrannical to me. Especially for something as mild as Valium.

This is how performance athletes pass them BTW:

Yeah! The “Whizinator.” I love that thing. It comes with a fake dick that is custom-made to match your skin type. BTW that valium was a 5mg, and it was an old prescription I had from 20 years ago in case I had anxiety and muscle spasms- which I’m prone to. At least in wasn’t a Quaalude.