Clear Cut Workout/Diet Info?

Hi everyone, just looking for some advice, comments on my workout/diet. I’ve been reading so much stuff over recent times my head is pretty much running in circles.

I’m 25, about 5Ft 11. I started training at the end of February weighing 224lbs (16stone) and am now currently 175lbs (12.5) Although the weight is varying slightly weekly depending on when I weigh myself.

My Daily diet consists of

07.30 - porridge with tspoon honey and a protein shake( Phd pharma whey)
09.30 - Apple
12.45 - bowl of soup (usually vegetable, lentil or a broth), handful of nuts and a turkey salad wrap with mustard.
15.30 - Apple and redbull (diet)
17.00 - WORKOUT
18.30 - Protein shake (finish workout)
19.15 - Usually fish with vegetables, or Scrambled egg with wholegrain toast, Lentil soup
21.30 - Protein shake

I’ll admit that i follow that pretty strictly throughout the week. On the weekends i’ll losen up and maybe have a pasta dish for lunch and a couple slices of pizza. Nothing crazy though!

I train 4-5 times a week usually working 2 muscle groups daily E.g Mon - Chest and Arms, Tue - Shoulders and Back, Wed - Legs and Abs, Thursday - All over workout.

Now my goals are to loose fat, gain lean muscle and definition ( pretty much like everyone!).
So far i think i’ve been going ok however any comments / advice would be great.

Many thanks for reading and your help!

And here is a newer pic of me.

You won’t be able to loss fat and gain lean muscle on that diet. Pick one and adjust your diet and training accordingly. That will help you not waste a ton of time reaching your goals faster. That’s one thing i wish i knew when i first started out. I would have cut out the better part of a whole year if i’d have known that you either have to choose fat loss or muscle gain. Cant have both unless you’re doing 2 a days and on a strict diet.

Try eating.

50g protein EVERY meal.

Aim for 3500 calories to start with. 4000 would be even better.

Train like a mother trucker.

When you have put on 25lb, then you can think about cutting. Use this winter to put some bulk on your weedy frame. Then in on March 1st start working on cutting fat so you are ready for summer.

Lets face it, if you cut fat now you would look like David Beckham’s wife.

Read the stickies (first four threads in the beginner’s forum).

Welcome to the Nation.

…and David Beckham’s wife is probably more attractive than you’ll ever be. I’m just saying.

Thanks for the advice so far. I’ve read the stickies, and no I wont call the man Riddick, if i were to ever meet him!

Still confused as to the split of 2 diets. I can understand the meaning of a cut and bulk diet but in realistic terms what would the diets be ? Also would I not likely loose muscle gains whilst on a cutting diet ?

Thanks for the Beckham comment, funnily enough i was going for the looks of the Ginger one.

Since you’ve already worked so hard to cut weight, I would stick with that until you reach the body fat % that you want. Have a little fun looking at your abs in the mirror then forget about them and lift and eat everything in sight. Once your bigger than the size you want to be you can start worrying about cutting weight again.

P.S. Make sure you hit the lower body hard with Deadlift and Squats.

I hate to do this but i disagree with most of what has been said in here minus Otep and Triceptaurus. I’m going to assume the OP is a beginner b/c he is posting in this section. A beginner, if diet is done right, can gain a lot of muscle mass and strength while losing fat and trimming out. I dont see why people believe it has to be one or the other, especially for a beginner. It happened to me (lost 40lbs) and put on muscle and i am still trimming down. Its slow but it stays off. The more you train the more efficient your body becomes.

Bodi, as Tricep said above, get 50 grams of protein with every meal. Lift consistently and keep progressing(weight or reps or both). To many people go crazy about wanting to be huge and then changing their mind and want to diet. Then they get burnt out and quit all together, or get fat, or lose muscle. JUST LIFT. Dont worry about cutting and bulking.

[quote]phishfood1128 wrote:
I hate to do this but i disagree with most of what has been said in here minus Otep and Triceptaurus. I’m going to assume the OP is a beginner b/c he is posting in this section. A beginner, if diet is done right, can gain a lot of muscle mass and strength while losing fat and trimming out. I dont see why people believe it has to be one or the other, especially for a beginner. It happened to me (lost 40lbs) and put on muscle and i am still trimming down. Its slow but it stays off. The more you train the more efficient your body becomes.

Bodi, as Tricep said above, get 50 grams of protein with every meal. Lift consistently and keep progressing(weight or reps or both). To many people go crazy about wanting to be huge and then changing their mind and want to diet. Then they get burnt out and quit all together, or get fat, or lose muscle. JUST LIFT. Dont worry about cutting and bulking. [/quote]

x2. while it might not be the best way to do things, you can lose fat and gain muscle. read up on nutrition. your current diet is not very good. 5-6 small meals, all w/ protein