cleansing for better health

mike shanks recent post on stool quality and its importance in health gave me the motivation to post this liver and gallbladder cleanse. this would probably best fit into a lifters schedule before or after a cutting cycle. This cleanse is amazing-i’ve never seen or done anything like it. I also know of some great products for parasite cleanses and another shorter less involved liver/thyroid cleanse. If interest arises PM me or just ask on this thread and i’ll pass on the details. also any questions or comments on this cleanse are welcome i’ll do my best to answer them. I just thought this would be a good thread because if any organs get abused when training for any strength sports its out digestive organs specifically the livers, gallbladder, and kidneys. here’s the cleanse-good luck!
Liver/Gallbladder flush

Purpose:Cleansing the liver of gallstones and flushing out the gallbladder has a lot to do with gaining your health back. I can dramatically improve digestion, which is actually the basis of your whole health. Your allergies may improve too, and after repeated cleansing you may even notice decreased back and arm pain. Cleaning the liver bile ducts is a powerful procedure that you can do to improve your body?s health.

Background physiology:It is the job of the liver to make bile, 1-1.5 quarts a day. The liver is full of tubes (biliary tubing) that deliver the bile to one large tube; the common bile duct. The gallbladder is attached to the common bile duct and acts as a storage reservoir. Eating fat or protein triggers the gallbladder to squeeze itself empty after about 20 mins and the stored bile finishes its trip down the common bile duct to the intestine. Other substances which trigger the bile duct include: cayenne pepper, ginger, and fruit acids.

It is more common than not for the biliary tubing to become choked with gallstones. Some people develop allergies or hives, but some have no symptoms. When the gallbladder is scanned or x-rayed nothing is seen. Typically they are no where near the gallbladder. Not only that, most are too small and are not calcified, a prerequisite for visibility on x-ray. There are over half a dozen varieties of gallstones, most have cholesterol crystals in them. They can be black, red, white, green, or tan colored. The green ones get their color from being coated with bile. At the very center of each stone is found a clump of bacteria suggesting a dead bit of a parasite might have started the stone forming.

As the stones grow and become more numerous the back pressure on the liver causes it to make less bile. Imagine the situation if your garden hose had marbles in it. Much less water would flow, which in turn would decrease the ability of the hose to push out the marbles and decrease effectiveness of the hose. In the case of your gallstones, pressure builds, leading to pain, decreased efficacy of related organs, and rising cholesterol levels.

Gallstones being porous can pick up bacteria, cysts, viruses, and parasites passing through the liver. Creating a veritable hotbed of infection that constantly supplies the body with fresh bacteria to wreak havoc on all areas of your body. No stomach infection such as ulcers or intestinal bloating can be cured permanently without removing these gallstones from the liver.

Required ingredients for proper cleansing:

-Epsom salts (make sure the bottle/carton/bag says ingestable somewhere on there) 4 tablespoons.
-Olive oil ? cup (light olive oil is easier to get down)
-Fresh pink grapefruit 1 large or 2 small (basically enough to squeeze 2/3-3/4 cup juice)
-Black walnut hull tincture 10 drops
-Peroxy(aka 30% food grade hydrogen peroxide) 10 drops (also good for removing warts and cleansing frozen meat.)
-Large plastic straw (to help drink mixture but not necessary)
-Pint jar w/lid or pint glass w/ saran wrap over top
-ornithine capsules (natures sleeping pill)

All these items can be found at a high quality health food store or a grocery store-there are no substitutions. (and no the hydrogen peroxide will not harm you in any way!)

Preparation for cleanse: Follow these guidelines to a tee or the whole cleanse will be a write off or at best delayed by about 6hrs. This is crucial there is no leeway with the next portion of the cleanse.

Choose a day of the week where you have the entire next day off to recover for most of us this is Saturday.

Take no medicines, vitamins, or pills throughout the entire cleanse unless you will be risking severe health complications by ceasing such medications.

Eat a low fat (and preferably low protein) breakfast and lunch, such as cooked cereal, fruit, fruit juice, bread, preserves(ie jam), honey, baked potato, and any other vegetables with salt only no dips, dressings, butter or milk. Please follow these guidelines to a tee. Eat as much as you want drink as much as you want just as long as you stay within these guidelines.

Cleanse itinerary:

2:00 pm DO NOT eat or drink after 2pm-this is crucial for the success of the cleanse, so if you feel you might be hungry stuff your face up until this time. Do not drink anything --even water- after this time.

Get your epsom salts drink ready at this time as well. Mix the 4tbs into 3 cups water and pour it into a pint glass or jar. This makes four servings, ? cup each. Set the jar in the refrigerator to chill it. Believe me drinking this cold dramatically improves the flavour.

6:00pm Drink one serving (3/4 cup) of the epsom salt mixture. If taste is that big of a deal you may use 1/8 tsp of vitamin c powder to improve the taste. You make rinse out your mouth with water after you drink the epsom salts but don?t drink a lot of water just rinse and spit.

Olive oil and grapefruit should be at room temperature

8:00pm drink your second ? cup dose of epsom salts and water.

You haven?t eaten or drinken anything other than the epsom salts since 2pm but you won?t feel hungry. Start getting ready to go to bed this includes finishing up any chores around the house that might still need to be done. Timig is critical for success so make sure you are ready for your last dose at 9:45 pm sharp (at worst no more than 10 mins late)

9:45pm pour ? cup olive oil into a pint jar or glass. Squeeze the grapefruit into a measuring glass/cup until you have 2/3-3/4 cup. Remove the pulp with a fork. Add this to the olive oil. Add 10 drops Black walnut hull tincture and 10 drops peroxy. Close jar tightly (protein shaker works too) and it hard until it is a watery consistancy (only fresh squeezed grapefruit juice will provide this effect)

No go to the bathroom as much as need be before 10 pm again don?tbe more than 10 mins past 10 pm for the drink.

10:00pm drink the grapefruit/ olive oil, etc. mixture. Take 4-8 ornithine capsules with the first few sips of the concoction this will help ensure that you sleep through the night and don?tget up before you have to. If you really want small amounts of the following items may be taken to help chase down the mixture (I didn?t think it was that bad.) ketchup, cinnamon, or brown sugar. Drink it standing up and try to get the whole thing down in five minutes.

LIE DOWN IMMEDIATELY after drink the concoction. A long time period in between finishing the drink and laying down means decreased effectiveness. Don?t do anything else other than climbing into bed and falling asleep. Sleep with your head fairly high on the pillow but not sitting up or reclined either. Lay flat on your back and try not to move for at least 20 mins. You might feel something like marbles rolling through your stomach, these are the gallstones, there is no pain because the epsom salts open up the bile ducts. Go to sleep! ( you may muve a bit if you need to but if at all possible try to stay on your back most of the night.)

Next morning. When you wake up naturally-no alarms unless you need to have the cleanse finished by a certain time that day- drink the third ? cup dose of epsom salts. If you have indigestion or nausea wait until it passes before you drink your third dose.after you have finished you can go to bed if you are still tired. Do not drink this dose before 6am.

2 hrs later.take your fourth and last dose of epsom salts. (3/4 cup) and you can go back to bed if you still need sleep.

Two hours later or more you may start to drink fruit juices. Half an hour after that you may begin eating fruit. One hour after that you may begin eating regular food but keep it light and again low fat and low protein at least for a bit. By suppertime you should feel recovered.

You may have diarrhea even before you go to bed but typically it won?t come until the morning. Sometimes you don?t even have time to wipe and it?s coming out again! Look for green gallstones. Count them if you want. The feces should sink but the gallstones will float. A flashlight helps with counting also if you are more adventurous take a small net the kind used to clean an aquarium and scoop the stones out of the toilet into a disposable bowl to count. You will also see cholesterol crystals floating in the toilet water-these will look like wheat chaff.

This cleanse isn?t a one time fix it can and should be repeated often to maintain perfect digestion. Never closer than two week intervals but I?d say every 3- 6 months is fine. Never cleanse when you are sick such as flu or a head cold.

Safety considerations: Most of the safety concerns were already addressed but just to reiterate that this cleanse is completely safe. It is thousands of years old and has been done by hundreds if not thousands of people. Many people in their seventies and eighties have tried it and felt no pain or discomfort. Depending on the person it may make you feel queasy or ill for one or two days afterwords but it is rare.

Your gallstones have now been successfully removed without surgery! I can?t take credit for this as it is thousands of years old from various herbalists. I personally got it from a natural practitioner I know.

Interesting stuff. Remember that consistent jucing and a colonic every so often depending on age, will help prevent gallstones.

i believe this is from curezone.com they offer many different types of clenses for various systems like liver, kidneys, intestines. definitely something all should check out. it also recommends to do a parasite and kidney cleanse before the liver flush inorder to get the system primed. i’m planning on doing this flush sometime in the near future. laters pk

Can you confirm the olive oil amount? it is showing up as a ? in both places…and thanks for all the info.

Wow. That sounds pretty intense. Maybe we can start a Liver Cleanse Support Thread and all do it on a Saturday to help each other through it.

ive done a similar clense several times

you feel like you have a new body the next day…

a lot of minor pains just go away

I’m a bit of a skeptic by nature. Seems a little spooky, but I’ll give it a try.

It’d be nice to get some clarifications on the numbers that were transposed into question marks in the post.

-Brent

I also read on cure zone that a parasite cleanse was recommended before the liver flush. Agree or disagree?

Awfully looks like Hulda Clarke`s (sp?) stuff.

I think theres another one on the net, less radical. Do a Google search using Are you stoned`. If you stumble on a page that mentions citrus and olive oil, bingo.

Will this help at all with getting rid of some belly fat below the navel?

I also read the following:

I decided to do some research. The first thing I learned was that some people believe the gelatinous green balls are probably not gallstones. Several sources, including the naturopathic doctors Michael Murray and Joseph Pizzorno, said that “gallstones” typically passed during the liver flush are not really gallstones but simply soft complexes of mineral, olive oil and lemon juice produced within the digestive tract.

Source: Master Cleanse: Pros, Cons, and What You Can Eat

Just the doubting Thomas coming out in me. :wink:

-Brent

this all goes back to the point about eating protein carb and protein fat meals. when you follow this regimen you give your liver time to recover between bile production. This is needed for optimal digestion. that’s just a thought on my part considering most liver flushes prescribe not to eat fatty food for a given amount of time before hand inorder to allow the liver time to build up bile pressure.

my brother did the liver flush and it reduced his liver enzymes back to normal. the doctors had no clue. laters pk

This whole process seems quite involved. Is there an easier way to do this? Like unsweetened cranberry juice or lemon water? I don’t think I want to down a cup of olive oil.

walleye

sorry i left this post so long i don’ have my notes with me now so i will try to answer you questions tonight.

heres the corrected info and answers to some of your posts. Firstly the amount of olive oil in all places that olive oil appears is 1/2 cup (don’t worry walleye-when its mixed with everything else you hardly know its there) secondly all the doses of epsom salts are 3/4 cup doses. sorry if there are alot of errors the original post was written late at night. mgfeek probably won’t get rid of belly fat but definately helps with bloating. BrentM you had a few comments/ objections.firstly as strange as everything sounds it works great. for all you hardcore science people i don’t have studies but from own experience and that of others who have done this it does what it sets out to do with great results. regardles of the composition of the green ‘stones’ anyone who has suffered from gallstones and does this cleanse can testify that their pain is gone. so an obvious conclusion is that is does something good for your gallstones. and lastly yes a parasite cleanse would be extremely beneficial although as long as the person is in decent health i don’t think it necessary to do one. just my opinion though.

Could we please have a scientist, MD, or Ph.D. who knows something about physiology comment on this thread.

Honestly, I am quite skeptical and am tempted to say “placebo effect!”

Article! Aritcle!