Cleaning Up My Diet

I’m still making strength gains, but I feel crappy on a daily basis and I’ve put on fat. I don’t know if this is because I’m not eating enough or maybe even eating too much - honestly, no idea. Would someone help me fix my diet? This shitty well-being is starting to affect my life outside of lifting and I’d like to stop it before it gets worse. And everything comes from diet, right?

I know I need to get something in between breakfast and lunch, but it’s extremely difficult to do so at school because I have so little time to get from class to class and there’s a general ban on food within classrooms. How did you get around this?

Additionally - I know I need more vegetables, but I’m getting really bored with stir-fries and broccoli. How do you keep your greens intake interesting/sufficient? I’ve also been doing 18grams of fish oil a day (although I just found out it has soy, so maybe something new) and two multivitamins. Enough for someone 5’8, 15 and 178-180lbs? These were my lifts today for an idea of intensity/lack thereof, excluding warm-up sets:

3x240x5 squat
3x125x5 bench press
1x265x5 deadlift
2xbodyweightx8 dips

This is what I ate today, very common meal plan for me.

BREAKFAST - 7:30 AM

4 eggs w/ peppers & tomatoes
1/2cup - 1 cup of oatmeal w/ blueberries, honey and walnuts

LUNCH - 12:30PM?

2 buffalo patties
1/2cup - 1 cup mixed vegetables (corn, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)

MID-AFTERNOON SNACk - 3:10 PM?

1 scoop Low-Carb Metabolic Drive
8 oz milk

POST-WORKOUT SHAKE - 6:00 PM

2 scoops Surge Recovery

DINNER - 7:00

6-8oz steak
1/2cup mixed vegetable (peas, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, etc)

POST-DINNER - 9:10 PM

1 can albacore tuna in water
4 slices of cheddar cheese

Enough calories? Not enough? Input would be great.

in between bf and lunch add in another Metabolic Drive shake with some flax. you could drink it in class or pound it between classes.

as for your energy levels and fat gain it could be due to many factors. Sleep is a big one so make sure at least 8hrs a night.

Another thing you may notice is if you do some cardio (intervals and or steady state post workout) your energy will go up. I find if i skip out on cardio my energy levels go into the toilet.

just some things to try, hope it helps

get a food allergy test

Don’t overcomplicate this. Your diet looks OK.

You are gaining fat because you are in a calorie surplus. Either reduce the surplus, or do enough activity to warrant a muscle/fat gain you are happy about.

I hope you realize that only the genetically elite can put on muscle without accepting SOME fat gain.

You are new to the iron game. Knowing your body takes time.

Eat more. Double that. Seriously kid, you are hitting the one sweet spot in life to pack on a shit load of muscle. Don’t waste it worrying about getting fat, you can always lose it later.