Clean Mass Diet - Opinions?

also - does it truely matter the “quality” of the whey protein I’m using. I certainly beleive that some powders are better than others, but when it comes down to it, how much of a difference is there? I’m down to my last scoops of my current tub and am looking to buy in bulk for the next time around. Things like Grow! Whey seem to cost ALOT per serving and would really put a dent in my wallet - any suggestions?

The egg whites vs yolks raw thing has been discussed a few times. From what I remember, eating a whole egg raw isn’t ideal because the bio-availability of the egg white is not as high raw as if it is cooked. The yolk on the other hand is absorbed just fine when eaten raw.

some people also have some issues with eating lots of raw eggs, something to do with the avidin in it binding or not binding, i cant remember. but in the end, its not a big deal. if you prefer to eat them whole raw and you don’t have issues go for it.

as for the milk post-workout; fat PWO isn’t ideal. I can’t explain why but if you search “fat PWO” i’m sure you will find answers. again its not life or death. i often will have 2% milk with my PWO shake when I don’t have any other carb source (oats, maltodextrin, OJ, etc.) on hand. its better than plain water. For the first year that I lifted I regularly had milk PWO.

as for whey powders, obviously people on this site will reccomend Grow!, but I believe that any higher end whey protein is comparable. I’m in Canada and buying Biotest stuff regularly isn’t feasible because of the costs. Personally, I use ON gold standard because its usually on sale where I live and its a quality brand. if your in Canada Bio-X is a good brand that is affordable.

Cheap protein does suck though. I tried the powders they sell at Costco and they were terrible. Cheap protein is usually really gritty and sandy, doesn’t often digest well, and it makes alot of people bloated.

sounds good - what type of PWO shake would you recomend? As it stands now I use the one with milk, cottage cheese, PB and whey - but that could simply become another meal and I could add in a seperate PWO shake.

I could go for Surge - 2 scoops for my PWO shake - would that be a good option?
If I run with that idea, should my meal after my workout be different than that shake containing PB and milk (as they have fats)?

Also, what is considered a good post workout meal (about an hour or so after workout)?

Surge PWO is good.

for your meal after that have whatever is clean and tickles your fancy. don’t over analyze this too much. i personally usually have something like brown rice, some sort of meat (salmon, steak, chicken, etc.) and lots of veggies (like at any meal).

right so in other words this is another time of the day (other than breakfast and in PWO shake) to down some good carbs?

Revised Diet:

Meal One:
1.5 Cups Oats
1.5 Cups Egg Whites
.75 Cups Blueberries

Meal Two:
Shake consisting of:
1 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Cottage Cheese
1 Scoop Whey
1 TBS PB

Meal Three: