Clean Form Critique

Hello guys, I’ve never been great at them, and I stopped for months with the wrists surgeries. Anyway I’ve been back at it for a month. Here’s a set at 80 kgs, which is my bodyweight. What do you think?

Didn’t know you were french. I’ll still answer in english.

Honestly it’s very solid. Of course lifts from the hang are technically easier than lifts from the floor. But upon first look that looks solid. There might be some technical issues when you go from the floor but this looks good.

I will do a more thorough form check in a few hours

1 Like

Seriously all your positions but one are almost perfect. The only little tweak that we could make is having the hips a little bit more backwards in the catch, this would facilitate the transition to a full squat clean, but that is only because as a neurotype 2A I need to feel useful and absolutely have to come up with something… Maybe your form will breakdown with heavier weights or if you go from the floor. But if you were my client I would be okay with that form. Heck you even keep a full grip in the catch!

1 Like

Well thank you very much. Your videos on Thibarmy helped me a lot. I still do the catch drill as a warm-up. There’s still much to do since:

• I still have to be 110% focused. The very next set two guys were just standing and chatting in front of me and my form suffered
• I naturally want to catch high and I have to really force me into catching it in the quarter squat
• In the full clean I tend to lose tension in the abs/back when i catch

Anyway thanks this form will be enough for your 2A program, that BTW is tough be awesome !