Clean Form Check for Long Armed Lifter

Hi, I do the lifts very sporadically but am going to work on them now.
For some context, recent bests:

Hang Clean 130k
Front Squat 170k
Deadlift 220k

Although I hang cleaned 130kg a few weeks ago, it all seems to fall apart with the full movement and I struggle with much over 100kg.

Here’s a vid of yesterday’s session, lots of reps with 70kg

I was focusing on locked lats, staying on heels throughout, pushing knees back until legs straight, sweeping bar till leg contact then exploding through heels before dropping. It looks like the bar is far from my body.
Btw I have really long arms which has always made the tech confusing to me (I’m 6ft tall with 6ft 7" wingspan).

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

[quote]SolAnwar wrote:
Hi, I do the lifts very sporadically but am going to work on them now.
For some context, recent bests:

Hang Clean 130k
Front Squat 170k
Deadlift 220k

Although I hang cleaned 130kg a few weeks ago, it all seems to fall apart with the full movement and I struggle with much over 100kg.

Here’s a vid of yesterday’s session, lots of reps with 70kg

I was focusing on locked lats, staying on heels throughout, pushing knees back until legs straight, sweeping bar till leg contact then exploding through heels before dropping. It looks like the bar is far from my body.
Btw I have really long arms which has always made the tech confusing to me (I’m 6ft tall with 6ft 7" wingspan).

Any input will be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Hard to make too much carryover recommendations when you can hang clean 130 and struggle w/good form at 70.

Consider a wider grip off the ground. See recent videos of CJ Cummings… Works for him. You need to be patient and hit a more extended power position before you transition into 2nd pull.

You made a note about being on heels throughout. The lift starts and finishes on toes. You only hit the heels for a split second. See cal strength/Glenn Pendlay videos about this. Toes/heels/toes… Drop.

That’s great Drew, I believe you are right on the patience. I’ll look in to the Cal Strength videos you suggested.

Many Thanks

A couple of things to add: First, I would recommend you drop your hips a little bit and make sure you’re pushing/driving with your legs off the floor. Second, weight should be centered about mid-foot to slightly toward the ball of your foot at the start position. Lastly, don’t think about sweeping the bar in, think about locking the back and lats in and keeping the chest up, the sweeping of the bar should happen pretty much automatically if you’re doing those things.

I agree about widening your grip a touch. Find something that’s comfortable for you.