Clean Foods

Inspired by Berardi’s hawaiian pizza from “Gourmet Nutrition”, I’m starting a thread to post your clean-eating-friendly recipes for what would otherwise be considered “unclean” foods! :smiley:

I’m currently toying with ideas for nacho dip:

dry cottage cheese
plain, unsweetened yogurt
taco seasoning or onion soup powder

Still playing with the proportions of each.

I’ve tried it already with low-fat sour cream instead of the yogurt and it tasted great. Still a bit heavy on the fat calories, though.

Also:

Any thoughts on using pasteurized egg whites fresh from the carton in sauces and dips? You’d have to throw the leftovers away, though. Maybe I could add it to the dip mentioned above.

dry cottage cheese – 1 cup
unsweetened plain yogurt – 1 cup

^ blended

egg whites – ??? cups
onion soup mix or taco seasoning – 1/2 package
splenda, if needed – ??? tsp

^ mixed with cheese/yogurt mix

id use a plain unflavored whey like the Grow! Whey. I use it to make alfredo like sauce etc. If you heat it to high it’ll get thick as hell though.

Okay, I’ll try giving some ideas but I don’t want any posts saying my ideas where stupid!

Meatloaf: I don’t eat beef so I use horse meat instead (4 oz 5g of fat just like chicken)

So:

Horse meat
egg whites
organic tomato sauce/paste no preservatives or sugar
horse meat spices or any other spices that you fancy
worstershire sause (as much as you like)
oignon, garlic
oatmeal (old fashion oats )

Mix it all together and stick it in the oven then eat

Yummy

Like I said…I don’t want any hate mail

where do you get horse meat?

you don’t eat beef but you eat Horse meat? What are you…French?

either way thats pretty random.

instead of bacon and eggs i eat my omega 3 eggs with a chuck of pork, either sirloin or tenderloin. i pan fry it in olive or macadamia oil at low temp. the eggs get few hundred grams of veggies, including at least 100g spinach, scrammbled in. every once in a while i get the hankering for real bacon (like once every couple months), so i get some Hertel’s (nitrate, nitrite, and other BS free bacon).

the meal:

around 100g pork sirloin or tenderloin
3-6 omega 3 eggs
100g spinach
100g red chard
10g red onion
1 clove garlic
1g diced ginger
spices: pepper, chilli, italian, jalepeno pepper
15 mL olive oil

dice veggies and place in pan with oil on heat. add eggs. cook. enjoy.

desert meal (eggs and apple)

when i have a craving for pastries (and i love pastries, i was a fat kid after all) i make an egg scramle with diced up apples in it. the pink lady cultivar goes nice in this recipe. the heat eliminates the tartness and makes it sweet.

the meal:

6 omega 3 eggs
1 medium to large apple
1g cinnamon
15mL macadamia oil

dice apple to about .25 inch size, add to pan with oil, heat, add eggs. cook. enjoy. tastes like desert, but healthy!

[quote]gitrpumped wrote:
where do you get horse meat?[/quote]

Is your horse missing?

[quote]barbiegirl wrote:
Okay, I’ll try giving some ideas but I don’t want any posts saying my ideas where stupid!

Meatloaf: I don’t eat beef so I use horse meat instead (4 oz 5g of fat just like chicken)

So:

Horse meat
egg whites
organic tomato sauce/paste no preservatives or sugar
horse meat spices or any other spices that you fancy
worstershire sause (as much as you like)
oignon, garlic
oatmeal (old fashion oats )

Mix it all together and stick it in the oven then eat

Yummy

Like I said…I don’t want any hate mail

[/quote]

some one likes cows… not completle sure who but someone…

I’m getting ideas after thinking about that cottage cheese/egg blended mixture from Berardi’s pizza.

It’s kind of the consistency of hummus. I wonder if you added walnuts or cashews with some peanut oil if it might taste like hummus? Something to try…

[quote]euclid wrote:
you don’t eat beef but you eat Horse meat? What are you…French?

either way thats pretty random.

[/quote]

Horse meat is available in Quebec, France, a few European countries and some speciality shops in the US.

It is the leanest meat available, it is even leaner than chicken (3-4 of fat per 100g of meat).

Look my my thread in the author locker room.