Clean Diet, Intense Training, No Fat Loss!

Basically I’ve been stuck at around 11.5% bf for a while now measured via calipers and the bod-pod, not sure its actually that level though all the pictures of 12% look leaner.

Lowered my calories over the last few weeks, around 1900 kcal a day, i know that’s low for a 200lb male, but there doesn’t seem to be any other way. My body seems to hate carbs so they are nearly non-existent only really get them from Post WO shakes. 6 feeds a day shake with creatine and Eggs, BCAA intra WO, PWO shake, Mince, Chicken, Casein all cooked in coconut oil and only ever with coloured veg.

Training wise I’ve been doing German volume for around 3 weeks now, 3 times a week following the Poloquin protocol Legs, Upper, Arms. I know its a hypertrophy wo but i’m trying to minimize any muscle loss with the 200g + of protein in my diet. Haven’t lost any weight this far, but i haven’t seen much progress either.

Basically I just need opinions on what to do to get rid of the tyre I’ve got hanging round my waist. I’m going to stick with this phase for another week have a deload and re-write a conditioning based training programme along with ordering new batch of supplements. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Without knowing how much muscle you are carrying it’s a bit hard to make any sure fire suggestions. My gut says to up cals slightly and add some HIIT to your routine.

[quote]Headache wrote:
Without knowing how much muscle you are carrying it’s a bit hard to make any sure fire suggestions. My gut says to up cals slightly and add some HIIT to your routine. [/quote]

Works out at around 170lb of lean mass, any suggestions on HIIT? I like the idea of doing minimal, would shorter intervals work and how long for?

[quote]LeoFresc wrote:
6 feeds a day shake with creatine and Eggs, BCAA intra WO, PWO shake, Mince, Chicken, Casein all cooked in coconut oil and only ever with coloured veg.[/quote]

Scale back the feeding frequency (ie. those six insulin spikes per day aren’t working for you) before dropping kcals any further.

[quote]Headache wrote:
My gut says to up cals slightly and add some HIIT to your routine. [/quote]

Agreed. Sprints and jumps will work wonders but you’ll need to up your kcals to properly fuel them.

-edited-

If you are truly at sub 12%, you do not have a tire around your waist. But anyway, up your calories some, but do it in less meals per day. And do some hill sprints, bike sprints or regular sprint intervals.

[quote]LeoFresc wrote:
Basically I’ve been stuck at around 11.5% bf for a while now measured via calipers and the bod-pod, not sure its actually that level though all the pictures of 12% look leaner.

Lowered my calories over the last few weeks, around 1900 kcal a day, i know that’s low for a 200lb male, but there doesn’t seem to be any other way. My body seems to hate carbs so they are nearly non-existent only really get them from Post WO shakes. 6 feeds a day shake with creatine and Eggs, BCAA intra WO, PWO shake, Mince, Chicken, Casein all cooked in coconut oil and only ever with coloured veg.

Training wise I’ve been doing German volume for around 3 weeks now, 3 times a week following the Poloquin protocol Legs, Upper, Arms. I know its a hypertrophy wo but i’m trying to minimize any muscle loss with the 200g + of protein in my diet. Haven’t lost any weight this far, but i haven’t seen much progress either.

Basically I just need opinions on what to do to get rid of the tyre I’ve got hanging round my waist. I’m going to stick with this phase for another week have a deload and re-write a conditioning based training programme along with ordering new batch of supplements. Any suggestions would be appreciated.[/quote]

GVT on 1900 cals at 11.5% bodyfat should make you a catabolic/hormonal wreck and turn everything you eat, as well as your muscle into fat.

Do this: Built for Bad: Strength Circuits

or some other low rep high frequency strength program. You may even want to stick to 3-2-1.

Another thing. While people become more insulin sensitive with “lower” carbs, less than about 100 grams a day results in a lower insulin sensitivity because the body tries to preserve glucose exclusively for the brain at that level. Insulin sensitivity is higher at 100-200 grams a day than at less than 100 grams or more than 200 grams.

Echoing more calories sentiment. Especially if you’re doing GVT.

Try to start eating 2300-2400 calories everyday and see what happens. Do it for at least two weeks. I doubt you will start turning into a fatty.

Thanks for the recommendations, ill restructure my diet tomorrow and re-post, 1 am here, lack of sleep clearly isn’t helping me!