Clean Bulk on a Low Carb/High Fat Diet?

Hi Everyone

stats: age 25
weight : 197lbs
BF - around 14
goal is to get bigger and leaner

I am currently on a test cycle at 500 a week. Also taking var 80mg a day for 6 weeks (mostly for extra strength.)
im on my 11th week at the moment. started at a weight of 184lbs (on creatine). I was initially taking lots of carbs at the begging of my cycle but my body fat jumped way too high 17%(was at 206lbs two months in the cycle with maybe lots of water weight).

Drinking too many weight gainer shakes and eating too many complex carbs and high protein at the time. Pretty high fat maybe around 60 - 80 gs a day maybe even more, Protein was and still is around the 324gs mark. I had been reading ellis post on here about a high fat low carb med protein diet. After 3 weeks of doing it im at 197 and around 13.5-14.5 bf. It Changes over the weekend.

i try to have some carbs mostly on the weekend. during the week i keep my carb consumption to just under 60gs a day which is all from veggies…maybe even less than 40. Im just wondering if this is ideal for good lean muscle gain as opposed to high carb diets? Definitely a little painful consuming so much fat (heachaches nausea at times). And my strength has suffered, All the fat i consume is from olive oil. Just picked up some coconut oil yesterday to change things up a bit… what do you think and what advice can you
give me.

will be going on a test+tren cycle in the future and hoping to make some great gains.
any advice would be appreciated. my first post so take it easy on me.

heres what i eat in a day

morning 8 am two scoops of protein plus 3 tbs of olive oil
10 am - 7 hardboiled eggs
12pm - 2 4oz chicken breast with diffrent kinds of peppers (red green orange yellow) and brocoli followed by 3-4 tbs of olive oil
3pm - same as 12 pm
5 30pm - same as 8 am
after workout around 830 - 2 scoops of protein only
10pm chicken and veggies again… sometimes 4 tilapia slices with veggies and then again 3 tbs olive oil

1130 or before bed half a tub of greek yogurt (now will be taking cocunut oil)

what does everyone think. I am getting around 4500 cals a day
k here we go…

you are going for a high fat diet, yet you are eating meat with a low fat content. Whysat?

Well I figured I could consume fat from the olive oil or coconut oil.
And I like chicken… maybe I should go pick up some steaks from the butcher.
My biggest problem is I feel like all the weight gained is mostly water from the start…and I know this because I did some mdma on the weekend that really dehydrated myself. . Let me tell u how depressed I was when I saw 184.6 lbs on the scale lol wtf I thought th e var was supposed to keep the water retention down…

I’m hoping dr ellis chimes in. I really liked his post but I cannot find him or his post anymore…damn google
I was hoping for some really solid gains off this first cycle

i didnt do the calorie break down but i doubt youre hitting 4500

and how are you measuring your TBS of oil? with an actual spoon or the measuring spoon, HUGE difference.

if its your first cycle put on some size… and put in some carbs… all the carbs your getting are more than likely fiber…

you can make lean gains with carbs in your diet… put them in your first couple meals and in/around your workouts…

maybe do your low/no carb days on off days.

You’re asking the wrong questions. You need to properly understand nutrition before you talk about cutting and bulking. For example “take carbs”, you mean eat, or consume, or drink, they aren’t gear. “On creatine” served no purpose either, yes you’ll be retaining more water, but we ALL should be using creatine.

At 194 your kcal and protein intake is way above where it should be. Unless you are working on your feet all day chopping down trees or something like that… 3500 absolute max intake on any day, and that’s even significantly too high. It’s likely that you’re not measuring correctly. You should be gaining significant weight on a 3.5k calorie diet, hell… my TDEE at a lean 220lbs is only around 3200, and just wrapped up a 10 week cycle gaining 20lbs at 3400 kcal intake.

For what purpose would one want a HIGH fat intake? I’ve never seen a successful pro BB’er on a high fat diet. General recommendations are hit protein target, hit MIN fat intake (without falling below 15% of total kcal), and fill in the remainder of kcal with carbs, as much as you can.

Eating over 324g of protein, please rethink that. Most would say the MAX ratio is 1.5, and ideally more around 1.2 (g/lb). So 250-275 is a much wiser intake, the rest if excess and will be stored as such. I never have recovery problems consuming 270g weighing 220lbs. Possibly it would allow you to eat more carbs.

[quote]anabolicfreak wrote:
Let me tell u how depressed I was when I saw 184.6 lbs on the scale lol wtf I thought th e var was supposed to keep the water retention down…[/quote]

You’re expecting to take creatine, test and a compound and not gain water weight?..lawlz.

[quote]dinomachino wrote:

3500 absolute max intake on any day, and that’s even significantly too high. It’s likely that you’re not measuring correctly. You should be gaining significant weight on a 3.5k calorie diet, hell… my TDEE at a lean 220lbs is only around 3200, and just wrapped up a 10 week cycle gaining 20lbs at 3400 kcal intake.

Everyones metabolisum is different, so to justify if he shouldn’t be eating that much cals isn’t right to me. You are right about the protein, i think he should up the carbs and stop being a bitch, 40-70grams? I couldn’t live. He wants to be BIGGER and leaner…doesn’t everyone? Peoples dreams are to big sometimes, it’s easier to work with one at a time.

I know this because I did some mdma [/quote]

[quote]dinomachino wrote:
3500 absolute max intake on any day,
[/quote]
If i went by this i would have never weighed more than 150 lbs.

I think it’s pointless to eat that much protein unless you’re eating enough carbs to actually use it.(as in 450 grams and greater at your size and depending on body type)

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

I know this because I did some mdma [/quote]
[/quote]

LMAO cant beleive no one else caught that. Mixing gear and party drugs probably isnt a smart move… For what its worth to the OP my roomate in colege did cycles pre season football & party’d like a rock star every weekend… Coke, X, pretty much everything… He’s now severely jacked in the head he lives in a trailer and mows lawns for money…Just saying

If you like the high fat diet check out the anabolic diet. It seems like your atempting a bastardized version of that now. Some people do better with high fat and some with high carb I think its unfair to box him in. I’ve used AD for bulking b4 & was more then pleased with the results but everyone is different. Right now though your fat content looks like you need more saturated fats if thats what you are going for.

Also what do you wheigh now? What was BF increase? Did you get good size increase? I noticed you are on week 11 are you going for more then 12 weeks?
If Im reading it correct it sounds like you only gained 13lbs + a extra 3% BF if thats the case you wasted good juice and probably jacked with your hormones for not much return…

@ thehebrewhero

before i started the cycle i weighed at 183 lbs 13.5bf
at 8 weeks i was 206 16.5bf
after that i changed my diet to fat intake etc like i explained (at the 8-9th week)
went down to 197-198 with a 13.9-14.5 bf (changes all the time, i use the special scale machine at my gym… cant think of the name right now)

remember i am 6’ tall and have always been skinny
when i weighed 206 at 8 months i was taking in about the same protein in gs and my carb woulve been somewhere around 300gs (that is in shakes and sweet potatoe fries so pretty clean although me shakes had some sugar)
my shakes alone were at least 88gs in carbs and i drank them 3 times a day. On top of that lots of sweet potatoe fries baked (…couldnt eat the mashed sweet potatoes… disgusting after a while)
i think my main problem was that my fat intake at that time was very high as well… im talking after every meal and i think my gainer shakes had lots of fat too…
i read somewhere that too high of fat and carbs dont mix well…
i did not piss my gear down the drain i got some great results.
but without the carbs now i figure i dont hold as much water because carbs are the main reason i was holding so much water and fat before…
But i think my strength has suffered greatly .
i put in my time at the gym. at least 1:45-2 hours a day 5 days a week. Supersets and dropsets for everything, if i didnt do this i wouldnt even feel sore the next day…

im planning on finishing my last vial which would set me to 14 maybe 15 weeks for a cycle.
maybe my expectations were too high for a test only and var cycle… hopefully the tren will kick my ass in september :wink:
ive heard some great things and will be carbing like crazy on it …
I just wanted a somewhat lean look for the summer so i could at least take my damn shirt off lol
anyways any more advice is welcome! Thanks so far with the responses

ps… my metabolism is crazy fast… hence the high cals is necessary

@ thehebrewhero and also maybe i over did the mdma ( 7 lol ) never done that before and never a smart move but it was the purest form… And i looked fucking jacked on it. until the next morning i looked like a skinny little biatch haha
anyways will be more careful with the party candy

I used to love me some MDMA, favourite drug of all time. Haven’t had it in years but I sure did have some good times on it. One time in particular I was off my tits on MDMA and bought a tab of acid at some random dude at the bar. Interesting combo!

Ahaha mustve been fucked for days

Ahaha mustve been fucked for days[/quote]

Great fun at the time, come down so bad though I got back together with my ex girlfriend. Turned up at her house like “I just want someone to hold me!”

Wore off after a day or so then I was like, “uh so I think the other night might’ve been a mistake…”

she wasn’t too pleased

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
I used to love me some MDMA, favourite drug of all time. Haven’t had it in years but I sure did have some good times on it. One time in particular I was off my tits on MDMA and bought a tab of acid at some random dude at the bar. Interesting combo![/quote]
HAHA ya I here ya rds,but what do you expect from a guy that lives on the outskirts of detroit.Techno fest downtown in the D.and club motor,crazy times.

lol

anyways … can anyone give me some good advice…
if not im back to sq 1…
2-3 more weeks left on test lol

cannot wait for tren next time…