Clean and Press: What Kind of Clean?

[quote]El Dingo wrote:
Why aren’t they performed now??? Because, we know what methods are optimal and what methods are not. Olympic lifting is not. Not one shred of evidence exists to support that claim. You can refer all the articles(Chad Waterbury opinions) that you want. But unless they can be backed by a peer reviewed study, I am not going to believe it.[/quote]
Again, plenty of successful competitive bodybuilders have used the Olympic lifts (cleans and snatches) at some point in their training, either as an adjunct to “regular” bodybuilding training or as a dedicated Olympic weightlifting career.

That those exercises aren’t currently popular with many of today’s bodybuilders does not mean they are ineffective. I stated more of my case in this thread:
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/cleans_and_snatches_for_mass

If you want to continue this debate (O-lifts suck for bodybuilding), you should either post in that thread or start another thread about it, rather than hijacking Rez’s thread here.

This would kinda color your overall opinion of his advice, no?

I’m not reading those, as I choose not to invest much more time into this argument which you seem to feel very passionately about.

And again, I thoroughly disagree. That’s fine though. Plenty of people have differing theories about effective training methods. But along these lines, I think it’s pretty boneheaded to declare certain exercises blatantly ineffective and inefficient when there is legitimate evidence to the contrary.

[quote]Also, rather then read Chad’s articles, I decided I would look at his references first and then see how they related to his article (I know pretty nerdy of me).

Sorry, but I am absolutely not convinced. Zero scientific evidence to back up those statements[/quote]
Chad Waterbury has his Masters in physiology with a specialization in neurophysiology. Considering that, I’m comfortable accepting what he chooses to write/advise based on his own thoughts and experience, with or without outside references you deem relevant.