Clean and Jerks?

im not to sure how to incorporate this into my workout…should i be doing this the day i work on my shoulders?

also, ive seen alot of videos on people doing this, and when they do it they usually only go for one rep, then they add more weight. what you guys suggest i do for this?

I do them either on shoulder or back days - depending how I feel.

Also usually shoot for 3-5 reps, though sometimes I do singles too.

[quote]rsg wrote:

Also usually shoot for 3-5 reps, though sometimes I do singles too.[/quote]

thankss,
how many sets do you usually do for days you do 3 -5 reps,/ how many sets do you do for singles???

[quote]bedruz wrote:
rsg wrote:

Also usually shoot for 3-5 reps, though sometimes I do singles too.

thankss,
how many sets do you usually do for days you do 3 -5 reps,/ how many sets do you do for singles???[/quote]

Example would be:

Warm up with 2 light sets of 5 reps. Then 3x3 or 5x5, followed by a single or 2, followed by 2 light sets to finish it off.

The C&J is really a full body lift, but it’s mainly a lower body lift. The use of the shoulders and upper back is mainly in an isometric capacity to fix the bar overhead, and there is some use of the lats to draw the bar in after it passes the knees.

Why do you want to incorporate C&J?

Keep the reps low - no more than 3, 6-8 sets. Any more than that and you’ll either start making bad technical errors because you get tired, or if you don’t get tired the weight is far too light. Doubles in the C&J should have you gasping.