Clavicle Length?

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Prisoner wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:

Looking good from your avatar prisoner. If you don’t mind my asking, when are you expecting your pro card?

Gerdy

I need a good 15-20 lbs of lean muscle before I feel I can be in the running. My shape and frame is good, but my arms are long. Just keep plugging along. I usually put on about 5 lbs of lean mass per year, so I have a ways to go yet.

Right on, I’m on a similar page but at a lower level. lol I think I need a good 15-20lbs to be competitive at the local amateur level (NPC in southern California such as Cal state/Excalibur/ Orange County Classic is what I’d call my local shows). I’m 6’ so filling out is my problem (I hear you on the long arms problem). I have a few blessings tho. Great proportions and symmetry. The ability to come in very lean. It’s just a pain in the ass to put on size, but as you said keep plugging along and I’m only 20 so I know I have time on my side. Well, thanks man and good luck.

Gerdy[/quote]

at 20 you have loads of years ahead of you. Keep in mind most Pros don’t hit their stride untill their mid 30’s.

Being tall slows the rise down though, I know, I’m in the 5’10" 3/4 range. Getting beat by stocky guys is the norm - everyone at nationals that beat me was shorter than me, but in due time when size catches up the taller competitor does better. We are able to pack more size on, without it going to the waist. The shorter BB at the peak of his development developes a blocky, and distended midsection which further hampers their overall look. I have seen this many times when short LHW champions try to move up into the HW division. For every little bit extra they put on their arms, it seems they are adding twice that amount to their waist.

[quote]Prisoner wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Prisoner wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:

Looking good from your avatar prisoner. If you don’t mind my asking, when are you expecting your pro card?

Gerdy

I need a good 15-20 lbs of lean muscle before I feel I can be in the running. My shape and frame is good, but my arms are long. Just keep plugging along. I usually put on about 5 lbs of lean mass per year, so I have a ways to go yet.

Right on, I’m on a similar page but at a lower level. lol I think I need a good 15-20lbs to be competitive at the local amateur level (NPC in southern California such as Cal state/Excalibur/ Orange County Classic is what I’d call my local shows). I’m 6’ so filling out is my problem (I hear you on the long arms problem). I have a few blessings tho. Great proportions and symmetry. The ability to come in very lean. It’s just a pain in the ass to put on size, but as you said keep plugging along and I’m only 20 so I know I have time on my side. Well, thanks man and good luck.

Gerdy

at 20 you have loads of years ahead of you. Keep in mind most Pros don’t hit their stride untill their mid 30’s.

Being tall slows the rise down though, I know, I’m in the 5’10" 3/4 range. Getting beat by stocky guys is the norm - everyone at nationals that beat me was shorter than me, but in due time when size catches up the taller competitor does better. We are able to pack more size on, without it going to the waist. The shorter BB at the peak of his development developes a blocky, and distended midsection which further hampers their overall look. I have seen this many times when short LHW champions try to move up into the HW division. For every little bit extra they put on their arms, it seems they are adding twice that amount to their waist.[/quote]

Ya both competitions I did as a teen I placed 2nd to some 5’6" kid. lol I had a good 20lbs on him but I guess he looked better in the judges eyes.

I’ve seen the waist problem in some friends who are in their late 20’s, early 30’s. They’ve been at it a while and are struggling to put on more size. They do eventually get bigger and into the next weight class, but it just lays waist(lol) to their physique. I agree with this, a good example is Jay Cutler. I personally think he looked better back in 01 and 02. Genetically he is probably a block but he seemed to have more shape then. So compare him, a short guy, to Wolf a tall guy, and I see your point exactly. Thanks Prisoner.

Gerdy

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Joe Brook wrote:
Don’t you like levrones physique X?

Joe

I didn’t write anything about not liking Kevin Levrone. I wrote that he also had many claim that he had “small clavicles” which again is nitpicking when it comes to someone built like him.[/quote]

Your right, i mis-read. Apologies.

I agree X, he has a great physique, and i LIKE his delt/trap separation etc… it seems to give him a good aesthetic in my book.

Joe