Classroom Bottle Piss

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
To address the point of “bad” kids lying about needing to use the wash-room << these are typically the same kids who are wasting their time and everyone else’s time by being in high-school in the first place. I don’t see why attendance should be compulsory. Some kids really are better off just starting their careers and won’t gain anything from high-school.

… Actually, no-one really gets anything from high-school (except maybe from the shop classes). After four years of high-school I realized that I’m going to walk out of this building with pretty much nothing more than I walked in with. It’s more of a test of patience than anything. Wade through four years of tedious non-sense and if you can manage it, you are awarded the privilege of doing the same thing again at a higher level (assuming you’re okay with taking on a mortgage worth of debt…).

Anyway, my point is that if teenagers don’t want to be in school, then fine. I say let them leave. The class is better off without them.

And before some idiot fails to put this together himself; No, I don’t think the teacher should be held liable if the student does something retarded and gets hurt after he leaves the class. [/quote]

Engineers, doctors, IT architects, regular architects, financial analysts, accountants, pharmacists et cetera would all disagree and would tell you that the information, especially math and sciences they learned from grade school through graduate programs, put them where they are.

And the “mortgage of debt”, which is a gross overstatement, is nothing for a petroleum engineer, surgeon or even financial analyst to handle in a couple short years and then spend a career earning way above the national average.

The only people who don’t believe in higher education are the people who don’t have one and it’s because they don’t have one and not the other way around. [/quote]

Well, I’m going for a dual degree B.Sc. in kinesiology/ juris doctorate. It’s not thanks to high-school that I have this opportunity. I’m going to achieve these things because that’s what I’m passionate about. The mandatory courses I took in high-school only ever covered things I already went out of my way to learn about on my own; They were simply a test of patience.

Yes, it’s true I wouldn’t be here if not for high-school, but that’s only because that’s how the law is set up. There’s nothing magic about high-school that changes people into successful and intelligent people and in fact there is reason to suggest the opposite. High-school was nothing more than another hurdle to get over. Also consider, contemporary high-schools are based on the Prussian model. They are designed around promoting allegiance to the state, NOT around promoting higher education.

In other words, education, especially in America, is horribly broken. Educated and intelligent people exist despite the high-school system, not because of it.

Also, I was obviously making a gross overstatement when I stated that university costs are equivalent to a mortgage. That’s the point of hyperbole.

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
To address the point of “bad” kids lying about needing to use the wash-room << these are typically the same kids who are wasting their time and everyone else’s time by being in high-school in the first place. I don’t see why attendance should be compulsory. Some kids really are better off just starting their careers and won’t gain anything from high-school.

… Actually, no-one really gets anything from high-school (except maybe from the shop classes). After four years of high-school I realized that I’m going to walk out of this building with pretty much nothing more than I walked in with. It’s more of a test of patience than anything. Wade through four years of tedious non-sense and if you can manage it, you are awarded the privilege of doing the same thing again at a higher level (assuming you’re okay with taking on a mortgage worth of debt…).

Anyway, my point is that if teenagers don’t want to be in school, then fine. I say let them leave. The class is better off without them.

And before some idiot fails to put this together himself; No, I don’t think the teacher should be held liable if the student does something retarded and gets hurt after he leaves the class. [/quote]

Engineers, doctors, IT architects, regular architects, financial analysts, accountants, pharmacists et cetera would all disagree and would tell you that the information, especially math and sciences they learned from grade school through graduate programs, put them where they are.

And the “mortgage of debt”, which is a gross overstatement, is nothing for a petroleum engineer, surgeon or even financial analyst to handle in a couple short years and then spend a career earning way above the national average.

The only people who don’t believe in higher education are the people who don’t have one and it’s because they don’t have one and not the other way around. [/quote]

Well, I’m going for a dual degree B.Sc. in kinesiology/ juris doctorate. It’s not thanks to high-school that I have this opportunity.

Yes, it’s true I wouldn’t be here if not for high-school[/quote]
Ok.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Well, I’m going for a dual degree B.Sc. in kinesiology/ juris doctorate. It’s not thanks to high-school that I have this opportunity.

Ok.[/quote]

You know, taking something out of context doesn’t work if the rest of the quote is exactly one post above yours, genius.

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Ok.[/quote]

You know, taking something out of context doesn’t work if the rest of the quote is exactly one post above yours, genius. [/quote]

It’s not out of context, Einstein.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Ok.[/quote]

You know, taking something out of context doesn’t work if the rest of the quote is exactly one post above yours, genius. [/quote]

It’s not out of context, Einstein.[/quote]

Ah, I see. I thought you were trying to be cunning, it’s clear now that you just didn’t understand what I was saying. Check out the rest of the sentence after “Yes, it’s true I wouldn’t be here if not for high-school…”. That should give you a hint.

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Ok.[/quote]

Ah, I see. I thought you were trying to be cunning, it’s clear now that you just didn’t understand what I was saying. Check out the rest of the sentence after “Yes, it’s true I wouldn’t be here if not for high-school…”. That should give you a hint.
[/quote]You are ignoring the fact of the matter, however you choose to spin your bullshit. I’m on point, you’re in the clouds.

I had a similar situation back in High School where I told the teacher I had to use the bathroom because I felt nauseous. He basically looked at me like I was crazy and took his sweet time stopping his lecture to write me a hall pass. I ended up puking all over the front of the classroom. LMAO! He was absolutely disgusted and the next day in class he basically made a statement saying that from then on if any student needed to puke or use the bathroom in an emergency situation to just get up and leave.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Ok.[/quote]

[/quote]You are ignoring the fact of the matter, however you choose to spin your bullshit. I’m on point, you’re in the clouds.
[/quote]

… Do you honestly not understand the difference between an “ought” and an “is”? I was just ribbing you before, but I’m starting to think you actually don’t understand what I was saying. =/

I wouldn’t be going to University if not for high-school, but that’s doesn’t necessarily make the current high-school system adequate, just mandatory. Get it yet? Or do I have to dumb it down another notch?..

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Ok.[/quote]

[/quote]

… Do you honestly not understand the difference between an “ought” and an “is”? I was just ribbing you before, but I’m starting to think you actually don’t understand what I was saying. =/

I wouldn’t be going to University if not for high-school, but that’s doesn’t necessarily make the current high-school system adequate, just mandatory. Get it yet? Or do I have to dumb it down another notch?..[/quote]your problem is that you’ve been off base the entire time. You are desperately explaining the moon shows at night while the conversation is about the Atlantic Ocean.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Ok.[/quote]

[/quote]

I wouldn’t be going to University if not for high-school, but that’s doesn’t necessarily make the current high-school system adequate, just mandatory. Get it yet? Or do I have to dumb it down another notch?..[/quote]your problem is that you’ve been off base the entire time. You are desperately explaining the moon shows at night while the conversation is about the Atlantic Ocean.

[/quote]

Lol the only one “desperate” here is you, which is why with each progressing post you are getting more and more vague. You said something stupid and now you’re trying to squirm your way out of it.

I’m off base, eh? My original post was mostly on-topic. YOU chose to respond to a tangent. Or was the opening ellipses and following “Anyway,” too subtle of a transition for you to see that?

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Ok.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol the only one “desperate” here is you, which is why with each progressing post you are getting more and more vague. You said something stupid and now you’re trying to squirm your way out of it.

I’m off base, eh? My original post was mostly on-topic. YOU chose to respond to a tangent. Or was the opening ellipses and following “Anyway,” too subtle of a transition for you to see that? [/quote]I’m not vague, there is nothing more to add. I stated high school, in most cases, is necessary for success and that it is certainly necessary for college, even if you take the curriculum at home.

You agreed as an argument, which is a little weird. I don’t need piles of false logic because I’m simply correct. Whatever argument you are trying to have is wrong, let it go.

Totally ridiculous, unless the kid was raisinng his hand every five minutes (just to be awkward/disruptive) to say: Miss, Miss, a need a piss! The teacher was clearly being overly strict.

[quote]GorillaMon wrote:
Totally ridiculous, unless the kid was raisinng his hand every five minutes (just to be awkward/disruptive) to say: Miss, Miss, a need a piss! The teacher was clearly being overly strict. [/quote]

How do you know he wasn’t?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]GorillaMon wrote:
Totally ridiculous, unless the kid was raisinng his hand every five minutes (just to be awkward/disruptive) to say: Miss, Miss, a need a piss! The teacher was clearly being overly strict. [/quote]

How do you know he wasn’t?

[/quote]

I don’t.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
I’m not vague, there is nothing more to add. I stated high school, in most cases, is necessary for success and that it is certainly necessary for college, even if you take the curriculum at home.

You agreed as an argument, which is a little weird. I don’t need piles of false logic because I’m simply correct. Whatever argument you are trying to have is wrong, let it go.
[/quote]

I agree that it is necessary, but it’s only artificially necessary << that’s why I say I wouldn’t be in university if not for high-school, but I don’t have high-school to thank for getting me here.

People who want to be successful in life will be successful with or without mandatory classes, even in a system as broken as the Prussian high-school model we have now.

Do you get it?

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
I’m not vague, there is nothing more to add. I stated high school, in most cases, is necessary for success and that it is certainly necessary for college, even if you take the curriculum at home.

[/quote]

I agree that it is necessary, but it’s only artificially necessary << that’s why I say I wouldn’t be in university if not for high-school, but I don’t have high-school to thank for getting me here.

People who want to be successful in life will be successful with or without mandatory classes, even in a system as broken as the Prussian high-school model we have now.

Do you get it?[/quote]
So algebra, geometry, calc, trig, physics, chemistry, foriegn languages, geography et cetera are all absolutely useless wastes of time with no real world, successful applications?

Your argument truly is retarded, TigerTime, and you said it yourself in your very first response.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[/quote]

Do you get it?[/quote]
So algebra, geometry, calc, trig, physics, chemistry, foriegn languages, geography et cetera are all absolutely useless wastes of time with no real world, successful applications?

Your argument truly is retarded, TigerTime, and you said it yourself in your very first response.

[/quote]

Straw-man. I’m clearly talking about the model and not the disciplines. Maybe this sort of dirty trick works on the idiots you usually debate with, but not with me.

Also, exactly where did I admit that my own argument is retarded? Either you are a liar or your reading comprehension skills are woefully under-developed.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
I was told I had to stop selling pictures and tattoos to classmates in 3rd grade. Teacher never really explained why is was wrong since there was no coercion and no one was going hungry at lunch.[/quote]

My guess is that it was because the principle of free enterprise was offensive to that teacher’s mentality.

I don’t really know what happened. That said, when an adult teacher and a teenage (or younger) student have different stories, I tend to guess that the teacher’s tale is the one closest to the truth. What is more likely here: that the teacher was being HORRIBLE to a student OR that a middle-school aged kid was being a dick? I still remember what I was like in 7th grade.

Either can happen, but I know which one is more prevalent. Sometimes I forget how young T-Nation is…

As it happens, I tend to give police officers the benefit of the doubt too (!)

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
I don’t really know what happened. That said, when an adult teacher and a teenage (or younger) student have different stories, I tend to guess that the teacher’s tale is the one closest to the truth. What is more likely here: that the teacher was being HORRIBLE to a student OR that a middle-school aged kid was being a dick? I still remember what I was like in 7th grade.

Either can happen, but I know which one is more prevalent. Sometimes I forget how young T-Nation is…

As it happens, I tend to give police officers the benefit of the doubt too (!) [/quote]

The truth is, the teenagers on this board know this as well…which makes some of these comments funny.

That teacher would have been kicked out years back if this was some mental disorder where they thought no one ever has to pee.

Taking a bottle out and pissing in class is a freaking stunt. Unless that kid drank a gallon of water before class, I am going to bet this wasn’t some literal emergency.