Classical Music 2.0

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]wfifer wrote:
Cool thread. Who here plays? I should record something. Here’s what I’ve been working on…not a fan of Bach by any means, but here’s a jazzy version of one of his preludes. A lot of fun to play.

[/quote]

Love what you’ve done with that! =)

I played the violin when I was younger, between the ages of 9 and 16, but gave it up to pursue art when I realised I was playing for someone elses joy rather than my own. One of my favourite shorter pieces was:

[/quote]

Anyone who’s played violin should listen to the last 2 minutes of Ziegunerweisen that I posted - Don’t think anyone has ever played it as well as Heifitz. Unbelievably hard.

And an offer to the gods - a classic: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (Mozart)

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]wfifer wrote:
And just so nobody cries foul, here’s an actual classical piece recorded by the composer himself…Grieg’s in my top 5.

[/quote]

I called the thread ‘classical’ like the first thread but medieval, renaissance and baroque are just as welcome.

[/quote]

Finally…something we can agree on.

Niccolo “devil violinist” Paganini FTW.

I am not able to make a link from where i am working …love to march into the gym to the march of the knights from prokofiev : romeo and juliet.

Leonard Bernstein rocking the Mahler.

[quote]Cheeky_Kea wrote:

Finally…something we can agree on.

Niccolo “devil violinist” Paganini FTW.
[/quote]

Agreement…feels weird.

Gustav Holst’s “The Planets”

Probably THE most influential orchestral composition in the modern classical film soundtrack genre.

So I cant post romantic or contemporary? Because I dont like classical.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
So I cant post romantic or contemporary? Because I dont like classical.[/quote]

Post anything…within reason.

It’s abit gimmicky, but Islamey by Balakirev is one of my favourite pieces of music.

Cziffra really brings it to life here IMO.

Have to love this…

I am not personally a huge fan of the Caprices - they are more like work than music. Obviously, you can not play them unless you are insanely good, but difficult does not equal great music IMO.

Heifetz playing Rondo by Mozart

[quote]scj119 wrote:
I am not personally a huge fan of the Caprices - they are more like work than music. Obviously, you can not play them unless you are insanely good, but difficult does not equal great music IMO.

Heifetz playing Rondo by Mozart

You are of course right.

I appreciate them the same way the same way I would a steve vai guitar solo…for the sheer virtuosity and not nescessarily foremost as a pleasing musical composition.

Sergei “twelve key handspan” Rachmaninoff.

I know this the most obvious Rach to post…but I really love this.

A little Brahms?

Even if I am sure that no one listen I am gonna post anyway.

I really like that song. It can’t be classified in anything other than orchestral music. I like the little polyrithms here and there.

and it should be the world’s anthem