Classic V-Taper, Gone?

Yo Daddy gets his dress shirts custom made online at Giorgenti. They’re not any more expensive than a good quality off the rack shirts for wide shoulders. They’re also bigger in the chest and roomier in the lats and arms than the slim fit Brooks Bros. Look for their “Athletic Fit”.

A man with a nice V-taper is never out of style. Especially if he’s a sharp dressed man.

I was under the impression that BOTH women and mens fashion were both designed to be “Straight and Narrow” The V-Taper look for men and the hourglass look for women are to perceived as only as sexual devices for both genders fantasy.

Btw,It isnt the shirt thats the problem…Its the fact that some of you guys never heard of a Tailor. =D Nothing is ever going to fit how its suppose to.

Tex Ag, what class do you teach?

It’s true women’s shirts fit and men’s just hang, creating a waist. It’s like men’s shirts are designed to make a man appear womanly, with large hips.

off topic but still totally relevant,
oh and wait around until after the 2 minute mark!!! :wink:

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
A man with a nice V-taper is never out of style. Especially if he’s a sharp dressed man.[/quote]

I don’t think too much can be read into actual preferences based on what is found on the shelves in stores with regards to size preferences. Stores fill their racks with what they can sell the most of and fit the most people and that means they make they’re going to make their sizing fit the averages rather than the extremes.

Women’s fashions are very fitted currently but I still don’t find a great fit. For my ‘size,’ average wise, waists are thicker, arms and shoulders are smaller and asses and thighs are smaller. Do men prefer larger waists and smaller asses? I doubt it :stuck_out_tongue:

The trend for men’s shirts is that they are so averaged that they don’t fit anyone well :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve heard complaints on other forums blaming this on obesity but I think it’s just manufacturers saving money by avoiding sizing that just won’t fit most people because for men large shoulders usually means large gut and vice versa.

Coles Notes- Got a tshirt for Xmas from my stepsisters, went to return it and exchange it for something that fit/I’d wear… store called Hollister, I’d never heard of it but they were in Toronto. I’m not a big guy, 6’3, 225lbs, pretty average. The XL shirts did not fit me, they were skintight ALL over, and pretty much came up level with my belt.

This fucking store does not make an XXL shirt. That day I was wearing a L from some other store, that fit loose/comfy. Why does the fashion industry seem to be catering to small men now? It’s total bullshit, all off the rack dress shirts/pants never fit. Thank you, tailors.