T Nation

Classic Grow! Question

I ordered a tub by accident. I noticed that the Classic Grow! has a similar protein blend as Low-Carb Grow! (casein, whey, milk protein conc.) but also has maltodextrin for carbs. If this is not necessarily designed as a PWO drink (because of the casein) why is the highest GI carb on the planet being used???

The Grow! Bars are great BTW.

Thanks,

TS

[quote]TopSirloin wrote:
I ordered a tub by accident. I noticed that the Classic Grow! has a similar protein blend as Low-Carb Grow! (casein, whey, milk protein conc.) but also has maltodextrin for carbs. If this is not necessarily designed as a PWO drink (because of the casein) why is the highest GI carb on the planet being used???

The Grow! Bars are great BTW.

Thanks,

TS[/quote]

I’m not positive, but I’ll take a crack at this. Since there is fat in Classic Grow! and slow releasing protein, that might slow down the maltodextrin (make it act like a slow digesting carb).

Just a thought…

Not to worry.

Even though Classic Grow! contains some maltodextrin, the glycemic index, or insulin index, is right where you’d want it to be.

Because of the blend of fast and slow-digesting proteins, along with certain gums and fibers, Classic Grow! is digested at the perfect rate so as not to elicit an insulin surge.

Glad you like the bars!

i thought the Classic Grow! had a different protien blend then the Low-Carb Grow!?

Isn’t Low-Carb Grow! superior because it has micellar casein? Or something spelled like that?

[quote]frisbee wrote:
i thought the Classic Grow! had a different protien blend then the Low-Carb Grow!?[/quote]

It does. Mainly in that Classic Grow! uses Whey Concentrate and Low-Carb Grow! uses Whey Isolate and Micellar Casein.

I use both at diffent times of the day.