Clash Of The Titans (2010) Trailer

[quote]Stength4life wrote:
Dont have an electric guitar and drums rocking out in the background it kills the realism.[/quote]

Did anyone else find this ironic, or was it just me?

another stupid piece of shit I wont go see. The last time I went to the movie theatre was before the second milllenium

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Backlash79 wrote:
Liam Neeson as Zeus, and the trailer looks like it could be a fun action movie if nothing else.

The clay-mation monsters in the first one were dying for an upgrade. I can’t believe that people who accepted that as “realistic” when that movie came out are now so picky about movies that billions of dollars worth of CGI doesn’t even phase them anymore.

I liked the first one as a little kid…but it was also slow paced and I am sure there are at least 3 or 4 scenes that were truly snore-worthy.

They waited a decent amount of time to do a remake…but if they really try to be another 300, I think they will fail at it.[/quote]

The stop motion in some scenes has held up well. The fact remains, that apart from the use of CGI , the same techniques are used today as at the dawn of special effects in movies.

People complain because there are still a lot of things that are not very well done in the effects industry. As usual, Cgi during daylight hours is difficult, so of course those Scorpions in the trailer look slightly odd, and as usual, effects in darkened areas make it easy to hide composite shots, so of course, Medusa will look incredible, just like in the original.

I have seen student works that were either successful or dismal based on just those two things mentioned.
I should add that I love the original, and am excited to see the remake.

[quote]Stength4life wrote:
Rule number 36 when making period pieces: Dont have an electric guitar and drums rocking out in the background it kills the realism. My prediction is it will do well at the box office but critics will shit all over it.[/quote]

Play some Manowar, Sabaton, Dream Evil, Lost Horizon, Blind Guardian, Etc, And thats exactly the kinda images i get in my head. Think it fits good.

OKAY…now I’m a little more interested in seeing this after the new trailer…definitely didn’t expect surprise at end of trailer(Thought it should have been a surprise saved for the theater…but oh well).

is “release the cracken” a surprise? I guess so, I’m such a prick about remakes. When I’ve seen the original I assume everyone else has. When I haven’t, anyone who talks about it shouldn’t even consider giving away any plot points.

[quote]maverickbu wrote:
is “release the cracken” a surprise? I guess so, I’m such a prick about remakes. When I’ve seen the original I assume everyone else has. When I haven’t, anyone who talks about it shouldn’t even consider giving away any plot points. [/quote]

So…what’s your point?

Alright…NOW I’ll be going to see that.

That Kraken looks a hell of a lot better than the original.

Does anyone else get the feeling that this is God of War, with out Kratos? The Kraken does look bad ass though.

The second trailer definitely looks better. Did the same guy that did the effects for Pans Labrynth do the effects on this? Looks really similar.

Gotta admit, I will see this and probably at the theater even.

D

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Alright…NOW I’ll be going to see that.

That Kraken looks a hell of a lot better than the original.[/quote]

Yup, sealed the deal for me too.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
The second trailer definitely looks better. Did the same guy that did the effects for Pans Labrynth do the effects on this? Looks really similar.[/quote]

Oh,no…if Guillermo had,the effects that we’ve seen would have been even better and creepier. But their special effects department is full of people who have worked on other big movies…so there might be some people who have worked with Guillermo del Toro before.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
The second trailer definitely looks better. Did the same guy that did the effects for Pans Labrynth do the effects on this? Looks really similar.[/quote]

Oh,no…if Guillermo had,the effects that we’ve seen would have been even better and creepier. But their special effects department is full of people who have worked on other big movies…so there might be some people who have worked with Guillermo del Toro before.
[/quote]

Did Del Toro do the effects too? I knew he directed Pans, but not that he had anything to do with the fx. Either way this looks like it’ll be pretty badass.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

Did Del Toro do the effects too? I knew he directed Pans, but not that he had anything to do with the fx. Either way this looks like it’ll be pretty badass.[/quote]

Yeah…Del Toro is an all-round director,producer,SFX guy. Don’t forget about his work on Blade II, Hellboy I and II.

i can dig it.

It’s a classic, I’ll be seeing it

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[/quote]

Did Del Toro do the effects too? I knew he directed Pans, but not that he had anything to do with the fx. Either way this looks like it’ll be pretty badass.[/quote]

Yeah…Del Toro is an all-round director,producer,SFX guy. Don’t forget about his work on Blade II, Hellboy I and II.[/quote]

No shit. I knew he did Hellboy 2 but didn’t know about Blade or HB1. When you mention it I can see similarities in B2 and Pans, Hb, etc… What a talented guy.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
Does anyone else get the feeling that this is God of War, with out Kratos? The Kraken does look bad ass though.[/quote]

Considering the source material . . .

I kinda wish they would have kept the Kraken’s face hidden in the trailer…but FUCK, that thing looks badass.
I want to see him wreck shit on an IMAX.