I am going to implement some core/auxillary muscle training on my off days which are Tuesday and Thursday (total body training Monday, Wednesday and Friday).
I have been reading a few articles that a few of the posters here have given me. Given the lack of equipment in the gym I go to and the lack of alternative options (I live in Africa) I have chosen a few of the exercises which I will post below.
The routine I have decided on is:
1) Warm up on the rowing machine
2) Anti-extension (vertical cable press, blast strap fallouts/ab wheel)
3) Carries for anti-lateral flexion
5) Glute activation exercises
6) Barbell hip thrusts (light weight and holding at the top)
7) Overhead shrugs for posture (light weight and holding at the top)
8) Cable face pulls (light weight and holding with scapulae tight)
I have a few questions however:
1) Vertical cable press
What is the weight you would start with on this? I am 77kg/170lbs. It is exericise 2 on the below link.
2) The gym does have blast straps so would you rather do blast strap fallouts (link below) or ab wheel roll outs?
3) Waiter carries and farmer walks - how far do you walk? Also, is there a rule for determining the weight you should use, or aim to use, i.e. X% of your [insert exercise here]?
4) I am struggling here to find an exercise that I can find for this section that I can do in the gym. Any suggestions?
Can you think of any other core exercises that might be useful? The gym does have cable machines but they're non-adjustable so either at the very top position or the very bottom position. There is an ab-wheel and some blast straps, as mentioned before.
Sorry about the long post. Any help/advice/adjustments will be much appreciated.