I am going to implement some core/auxillary muscle training on my off days which are Tuesday and Thursday (total body training Monday, Wednesday and Friday).
I have been reading a few articles that a few of the posters here have given me. Given the lack of equipment in the gym I go to and the lack of alternative options (I live in Africa) I have chosen a few of the exercises which I will post below.
The routine I have decided on is:
- Warm up on the rowing machine
- Anti-extension (vertical cable press, blast strap fallouts/ab wheel)
- Carries for anti-lateral flexion
- Glute activation exercises
- Barbell hip thrusts (light weight and holding at the top)
- Overhead shrugs for posture (light weight and holding at the top)
- Cable face pulls (light weight and holding with scapulae tight)
I have a few questions however:
Vertical cable press
What is the weight you would start with on this? I am 77kg/170lbs. It is exericise 2 on the below link.
The gym does have blast straps so would you rather do blast strap fallouts (link below) or ab wheel roll outs?
- Waiter carries and farmer walks - how far do you walk? Also, is there a rule for determining the weight you should use, or aim to use, i.e. X% of your [insert exercise here]?
- I am struggling here to find an exercise that I can find for this section that I can do in the gym. Any suggestions?
Can you think of any other core exercises that might be useful? The gym does have cable machines but they’re non-adjustable so either at the very top position or the very bottom position. There is an ab-wheel and some blast straps, as mentioned before.
Sorry about the long post. Any help/advice/adjustments will be much appreciated.