CLA: Yay or Nay?

It seems that CLA from dairy/beef of grass-fed animals is beneficial, while CLA from other sources is not so good. Thoughts, anyone?

Why would CLA from other sources not be good? That’s news to me.

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:
Why would CLA from other sources not be good? That’s news to me.[/quote]

I found an article on Pubmed from 2004 in which CLA (synthetic) cause a decrease in insulin sensitivity and a decrease in HDL. Seems that CLA from dairy didn’t cause this.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:

I found an article on Pubmed from 2004 in which CLA (synthetic) cause a decrease in insulin sensitivity and a decrease in HDL. Seems that CLA from dairy didn’t cause this.

[/quote]

CLA is another one of those thing I wish I had the money for, but I’m not aware of the particulars regarding different sources.

I took it precontest, I found I got reasonably more vascular within a week of adding it to my stack.

Could have just been a function of low bf though. I was taking GNC’s brand that was combined with a small amount of caffiene and cayene pepper extract.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:

CLA is another one of those thing I wish I had the money for, but I’m not aware of the particulars regarding different sources.[/quote]

Apparently the plant sources are deleterious, while organic beef and milk CLA has the benefits. The best source of CLA is actually kangaroo meat, of all things.

It’s a nay for me. Took a pretty good dose of the stuff derived from plants for months, and I think I actually looked worse. I think the “increase in visceral fat” side effect was really happening for me. Might be worth something stacked with other stuff though.

As a side note the CLA in Flameout is a fraction of what I took, and that little bit might be beneficial mixed in with the essential omega fatty acids, but I haven’t been able to afford anything more than sporadic bottles of the stuff so I can’t provide a good analysis. Can’t say I’ve suffered the same side effects from good old bison meat. Yum.

CLA worked for me for a few months… Cut about 3-4 lbs, got leaner and got stronger

I will have to look into this plant/animal thing.

Mine was safflower oil I believe