CLA & Udos Choice

I currently get my EFA’s by taking fish oil capsules and adding milled flax seeds to my food.

I’ve been thinking about changing this by dumping the fish oil capsules and taking Udos Choice and also CLA (I’ll keep on with the flax seeds).

Does anyone have any opinions on this?

I’ve heard a lot of good comments about both Udos Choice and CLA and just wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

Thanks,

KS

[quote]Keyser Soze wrote:
I currently get my EFA’s by taking fish oil capsules and adding milled flax seeds to my food.

I’ve been thinking about changing this by dumping the fish oil capsules and taking Udos Choice and also CLA (I’ll keep on with the flax seeds).

I’ve heard a lot of good comments about both Udos Choice and CLA and just wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

Thanks,

KS[/quote]

I used Udo’s and milled flax seed in my morning shakes for about 6 months. I got my blood work done and saw no improvement in my lipid profile. Udo’s tastes and smells like the linseed oil that I used to use to oil the stock of my shotgun. It is also expensive.

Since its cost compared to its benefit (if any) was high, I dumped it and started using Flameout. I did, however, keep the milled flax seed in my shake. Milled flax seed is cheap and I like its effect in my digestive system.

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately Flameout retails at ?40 in England for a months supply so that’s a no-no for me.

I’m pretty sure that golden linseed and flax seed are the same thing which would explain the comparable smell.

Maybe I should supplement with gun oil instead…

Personally I find Udos choice not to be that cost effective. If you’re interested in balancing out your fat intake just be sure to have some flax, monos (nuts, extra virgin olive oil) and fish oils in your diet daily.

If cost is an issue - try the Holland and Barrett sales. It may not be Flameout but you can geta good concentrated fish oils for about ?5 (90 capsules). Is ?11 normally.

Or just order direct from Biotest! The cost of the suuplements + shipping + customs tax still works out a hell of a lot cheaper than 99.9% of supplements you can by domestically.

Thanks for the advice.

I’m always a bit wary of importing supplements due to the fact that some substances are banned in England but not in the US, although I guess I can always plead ignorance when Customs & Excise come knocking!

Thanks for the info about the fish oil capsules.

Have you seen the price of Metabolic Drive over here as well? ?40 a tub!

No way man, Udo’s is overpriced and you can get many more benefits of flax from the ground seed. The omega-3s in flax are not the same as in fish, you can take all the flax you want and it won’t be the same. Stick with a good fish oil and keep using ground flax.

Thanks,

KS[/quote]

You shouldnt have a problem ordering. I order on a regular basis. Products that dont weigh much (Spike, Power Drive, HOT-ROX, etc) work out really cost effective - especially if you place a large sized order. Heavier products like Metabolic Drive and Surge etc dont work out any cheaper at the end of the day.

The cost of supplements over here is a nightmare isnt it? i would bother ordering from a U.K based vendor when you can order directly from them (Biotest) and still get it cheaper!!

Thanks for the advice.

I’m always a bit wary of importing supplements due to the fact that some substances are banned in England but not in the US, although I guess I can always plead ignorance when Customs & Excise come knocking!

Thanks for the info about the fish oil capsules.

Have you seen the price of Metabolic Drive over here as well? ?40 a tub![/quote]

I doubt fish oil will have any issues at customs.

Why are you using CLA? What dose? Isomer?

[quote]David Barr wrote:
Why are you using CLA? What dose? Isomer?[/quote]

I’m not currently using CLA but I am considering it.

The dosage would be 2000mg per day, derived from Tonalin.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
I doubt fish oil will have any issues at customs.[/quote]

Good point well made.