CLA Side Effects?

I’m hoping Dr Lowery or someone else with special information could comment on this new research:

I’m a bit worried by the CLA I’m taking now. =/

Can somebody explain the results of the study in laymens term. I gather it’s not good, but what does it mean to humans?

Is it trying to say I’m not gonna be able to lay an egg?

[quote]nargoth16 wrote:
I’m hoping Dr Lowery or someone else with special information could comment on this new research:

I’m a bit worried by the CLA I’m taking now. =/[/quote]

Whoops. I meant to paste this url:

http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/publications/publications.htm?seq_no_115=179685

This might make more sense too.

(sorry I was looking at several articles when I posted this earlier.)

Yeah CLA has also been shown to reduce muscle insulin sensitivity and blood flow in humans. I’m looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

Should we be worried about taking Flameout? Do you still use Flameout David Barr?

Well damn, I’ve been taking 3 caps a day of the NOW Foods CLA. Is this a bad idea?

can someone please just say if we should be taking CLA or not?

CLA yes, or CLA no.

I don’t think anybody can say “yes” or “no” to something like this.

It’s certainly not understood to that great a degree. The study shows some shifts and then raises some questions based on those shifts.

However, the study doesn’t get into how and why the shifts occur and what it might mean. For example, does the location of DHA have anything to do with the need for DHA to be present? Does the body naturally store it unless it’s needed?

Most importantly, do these mouse studies have much at all in common with humans? Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t.

So, unfortunately, I don’t think anybody is going to get a simple yes or no out of this for many years. It’s also possible that people misinterpret the results because they don’t understand how and why the body chooses to partition or store fatty substances.

I asked Cy Willson about CLA’s decreasing insulin sensitivity, and he told me that the CLA in Flameout decreases insulin sensitivity on the FAT cells, a plus in my books! (grin)