T Nation

CKD (Cycled Ketogenic Diet)

This basically has the 60/35/5 ratio for a keto diet, but it encourages carb loading Friday night to Saturday Night. My main goal is burning a lot of fat…fast…should I do this or just do a normal Keto diet (keeping the same ratio 7 days a week?

Any advice much appreciated!

I forgot to add,

current weight: 207lb 22% body fat
goal: 185lb (look sexy, that is just my estimate weight) by 09/04/12

Thanks!

Run the keto for 12 consecutive days in order to get fat adapted and then carb up on the 13th and 14th days. After that, run the keto 5 days per week and carb up 2 days per week. Search for the thread on here called “My Experience on the Anabolic Diet”.

[quote]Zach Rounsaville wrote:
Run the keto for 12 consecutive days in order to get fat adapted and then carb up on the 13th and 14th days. After that, run the keto 5 days per week and carb up 2 days per week. Search for the thread on here called “My Experience on the Anabolic Diet”.[/quote]

Do what he said. In addition the AD isn’t the only CKD around. You also have Body Opus which worked very well for me and Lyle’s 2.0 which was a little difficult for me to follow because of the type of training schedule involved. You can experiment and tweak to fit your needs

I would highly suggest getting your hands on the book if you want to do AD. Either “The Anabolic Diet” or “The Anabolic Solution.”