T Nation

CKD Cut - Feedback Please

Former 300lbs fatass doing a CKD :wink:

Stats:

Age: 21
Weight: 173lbs
Height: 5"9

Calories: 60% fat 40% protein, 1800 calories.

Monday: 30m CrossTrainer + Fullbody Workout
Tuesday: 3 hours of swimming
Wednesday: 30m CrossTrainer + Fullbody Workout
Thursday: 3 hours of swimming
Friday: 30m Crosstrainer + Fullbody Workout (Depletion)

Friday = 12h Carb up, 2400 calories, 350g of carbs, low fat, moderate protein.

Saturday: Chilling with the girlfriend
Sunday: same as Saturday (Note: Chilling with the girlfriend might result in very high intesity cardio)

I don’t know my exact bodyfat percentage. I don’t trust the shitty weight at the gym and i don’t have any possibilities of getting it checked locally.

I plan to have my first carb up day this Friday, then i’ve been going for 10 days.

a friend of mine recommended the 12h carb up, according to him it should suffice with 350ish grams of carbs for me, and the carb ups that Lyle McDonald recommends are only for very very very lean individuals - should I extend it into the weekend?

Thanks in advance.

looks ok, keep the carb up where it’s at, and reassess every week. push the carbs as high as you can while still dropping fat weekly. weight yourself the day of the carb up in the morning for the most accurate measurements.

one point of criticism: your protein is too low. 1g per lb isn’t enough on a diet, I’d like to see protein at 1.5g per lb or thereabouts, low the fat too keep your calories the same. this will skew your macros a little but macro percentages are meaningless anyway so don’t worry about it, its the total amount in g/lb that makes a difference.

good job, its nice to see a “rate my diet” thread with actual numbers instead of a list of foods.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
looks ok, keep the carb up where it’s at, and reassess every week. push the carbs as high as you can while still dropping fat weekly. weight yourself the day of the carb up in the morning for the most accurate measurements.

one point of criticism: your protein is too low. 1g per lb isn’t enough on a diet, I’d like to see protein at 1.5g per lb or thereabouts, low the fat too keep your calories the same. this will skew your macros a little but macro percentages are meaningless anyway so don’t worry about it, its the total amount in g/lb that makes a difference.

good job, its nice to see a “rate my diet” thread with actual numbers instead of a list of foods.[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback, i’ll up the protein and keep the carb up as it is. I just started lifting again after about 6 months break - at the moment i’m by the looks of it in a “beginners luck” phase yet again, gaining muscle in a calorie deficit - my weight is pretty much stuck but the mirror and the measurements tells a total diffrent story, so, i won’t stress too much with the scale.

The carb up is 60g of fat - is that acceptable? I’ve read it should be okay as long as the fat intake is below my weight in kilos.

[quote]Dump wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:
looks ok, keep the carb up where it’s at, and reassess every week. push the carbs as high as you can while still dropping fat weekly. weight yourself the day of the carb up in the morning for the most accurate measurements.

one point of criticism: your protein is too low. 1g per lb isn’t enough on a diet, I’d like to see protein at 1.5g per lb or thereabouts, low the fat too keep your calories the same. this will skew your macros a little but macro percentages are meaningless anyway so don’t worry about it, its the total amount in g/lb that makes a difference.

good job, its nice to see a “rate my diet” thread with actual numbers instead of a list of foods.

Thanks for the feedback, i’ll up the protein and keep the carb up as it is. I just started lifting again after about 6 months break - at the moment i’m by the looks of it in a “beginners luck” phase yet again, gaining muscle in a calorie deficit - my weight is pretty much stuck but the mirror and the measurements tells a total diffrent story, so, i won’t stress too much with the scale.

The carb up is 60g of fat - is that acceptable? I’ve read it should be okay as long as the fat intake is below my weight in kilos.
[/quote]

That’s crazy, I just returned from a 6 month layoff too. after just 3 weeks back in the gym my chest is up 1.5 inches, my arms up 1.25 inches, and my waist is DOWN .5 inches. good times. too bad it won’t last…

on a refeed, it’s best to keep fat a low as possible. I consider 50g a max, but I’m sure an extra 10g won’t hurt too bad.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
Dump wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:
looks ok, keep the carb up where it’s at, and reassess every week. push the carbs as high as you can while still dropping fat weekly. weight yourself the day of the carb up in the morning for the most accurate measurements.

one point of criticism: your protein is too low. 1g per lb isn’t enough on a diet, I’d like to see protein at 1.5g per lb or thereabouts, low the fat too keep your calories the same. this will skew your macros a little but macro percentages are meaningless anyway so don’t worry about it, its the total amount in g/lb that makes a difference.

good job, its nice to see a “rate my diet” thread with actual numbers instead of a list of foods.

Thanks for the feedback, i’ll up the protein and keep the carb up as it is. I just started lifting again after about 6 months break - at the moment i’m by the looks of it in a “beginners luck” phase yet again, gaining muscle in a calorie deficit - my weight is pretty much stuck but the mirror and the measurements tells a total diffrent story, so, i won’t stress too much with the scale.

The carb up is 60g of fat - is that acceptable? I’ve read it should be okay as long as the fat intake is below my weight in kilos.

That’s crazy, I just returned from a 6 month layoff too. after just 3 weeks back in the gym my chest is up 1.5 inches, my arms up 1.25 inches, and my waist is DOWN .5 inches. good times. too bad it won’t last…

on a refeed, it’s best to keep fat a low as possible. I consider 50g a max, but I’m sure an extra 10g won’t hurt too bad.[/quote]

I can squeeze fat down to 17g, carbs at 540 and protein at 111 at my maintenance calories… More carbs, downed the fat by 40g and protein about the same… 300kcals more though.

I realize everybody are diffrent - I’m just sick and tired of lifting like an old man in the gym and watching the grannies swim faster than me because i’m suffering so effin’ much from fatique.

What would you recommend? I’ve read Lyle’s guide and he suggests 540g of carbs for my lean body weight so it seems better to me.

[quote]Dump wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:
Dump wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:
looks ok, keep the carb up where it’s at, and reassess every week. push the carbs as high as you can while still dropping fat weekly. weight yourself the day of the carb up in the morning for the most accurate measurements.

one point of criticism: your protein is too low. 1g per lb isn’t enough on a diet, I’d like to see protein at 1.5g per lb or thereabouts, low the fat too keep your calories the same. this will skew your macros a little but macro percentages are meaningless anyway so don’t worry about it, its the total amount in g/lb that makes a difference.

good job, its nice to see a “rate my diet” thread with actual numbers instead of a list of foods.

Thanks for the feedback, i’ll up the protein and keep the carb up as it is. I just started lifting again after about 6 months break - at the moment i’m by the looks of it in a “beginners luck” phase yet again, gaining muscle in a calorie deficit - my weight is pretty much stuck but the mirror and the measurements tells a total diffrent story, so, i won’t stress too much with the scale.

The carb up is 60g of fat - is that acceptable? I’ve read it should be okay as long as the fat intake is below my weight in kilos.

That’s crazy, I just returned from a 6 month layoff too. after just 3 weeks back in the gym my chest is up 1.5 inches, my arms up 1.25 inches, and my waist is DOWN .5 inches. good times. too bad it won’t last…

on a refeed, it’s best to keep fat a low as possible. I consider 50g a max, but I’m sure an extra 10g won’t hurt too bad.

I can squeeze fat down to 17g, carbs at 540 and protein at 111 at my maintenance calories… More carbs, downed the fat by 40g and protein about the same… 300kcals more though.

I realize everybody are diffrent - I’m just sick and tired of lifting like an old man in the gym and watching the grannies swim faster than me because i’m suffering so effin’ much from fatique.

What would you recommend? I’ve read Lyle’s guide and he suggests 540g of carbs for my lean body weight so it seems better to me.[/quote]

I’m 99% sure carb ups are supposed to be ABOVE maintenance. shoot for maybe 20% above or so. Also, idk what your LBM is, but im sure your protein could be higher. set it to about 1g per lb. No real reason to go higher though, as you’ll already be in an anabolic state durring the carb up.

btw, did you know lyle has his own message board? you might get better adive there, considering you are using his diet setup.

I’ll just go by Lyle’s setup 100% for starters, then i can always adjust the carb ups if needed based on bodyfat spillover and/or fatique during the week :wink:

Thanks for the help thus far.