T Nation

Civic Literacy Quiz

http://www.isi.org/quiz.aspx?q=FE5C3B47-9675-41E0-9CF3-072BB31E2692

Average score was 49 percent. Seems pretty damn low but meh.

I missed the Puritans question.

80%

31 out of 33

Haven’t been on the site in awhile.

Scored 84.85% or 28/33

30 out of 33

Some of those were tricky

I missed mine because I straight up lacked knowledge, but some would get you if you have decent yet incomplete knowledge on the topic

27/33
FWIW I’m Canadian.

I answered the “public good” question incorrectly.

[quote]undoredo wrote:
I answered the “public good” question incorrectly.[/quote]

Me too, thought it was the only one that was sort of “out there.”

Only a 76% for me. History is boring.

I got 28 correct out of 33 possible.

As an non-American I feel okay with that.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]undoredo wrote:
I answered the “public good” question incorrectly.[/quote]

Me too, thought it was the only one that was sort of “out there.”[/quote]

Got that wrong too.

31/33

[quote]
Incorrect Answers

Question: Which of the following fiscal policy combinations has the federal government most often followed to stimulate economic activity when the economy is in a severe recession?
    Your Answer: decreasing both taxes and spending
    Correct Answer: decreasing taxes and increasing spending[/quote]

It seems that i still have too much faith in humanity.
Retrospectively, the correct answer is rather obvious.

I thought the number of supreme court justices was fixed, making such “additions” impossible.

[quote]kamui wrote:

I thought the number of supreme court justices was fixed, making such “additions” impossible. [/quote]

Indeed it is. This was pure poppycock–a bill which essentially allowed him to add up to 6 more Justices, one for each member over I believe 70.

Got 32 out of 33. The New Deal/Supreme court question got me. I thought he had threatened to impeach.

FDR was a true POS.

26/33. Oh the shame… It would be there if I was an American lol.

Honestly, the average being 49% (and 55% for college educators) scares the living shit out of me. She must make up 25% of their sample size or something…

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]kamui wrote:

I thought the number of supreme court justices was fixed, making such “additions” impossible. [/quote]

Indeed it is. This was pure poppycock–a bill which essentially allowed him to add up to 6 more Justices, one for each member over I believe 70.[/quote]

Um no not at all, the number of supreme court justices is established by the legislature. It hasn’t always been 9 and it doesn’t always have to be.

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:
26/33. Oh the shame… It would be there if I was an American lol.

Honestly, the average being 49% (and 55% for college educators) scares the living shit out of me. She must make up 25% of their sample size or something…


[/quote]

WOW just WOW, hope she doesnt becomes a college educator!

On a serious note I have a hard time believing that the average for people who teach at
college is as low as 55%. I thought people that teaches at such places had atleast a masters degree.

[quote]TooHuman wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]kamui wrote:

I thought the number of supreme court justices was fixed, making such “additions” impossible. [/quote]

Indeed it is. This was pure poppycock–a bill which essentially allowed him to add up to 6 more Justices, one for each member over I believe 70.[/quote]

Um no not at all, the number of supreme court justices is established by the legislature. It hasn’t always been 9 and it doesn’t always have to be.
[/quote]

Indeed, it is fixed–by the legislature. By the time FDR tried to add six justices, the number nine had been in place for more than sixty years.

Nothing is “fixed” in American government–anything can be changed.

The court-packing plan was pure political chicanery.

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:
26/33. Oh the shame… It would be there if I was an American lol.

Honestly, the average being 49% (and 55% for college educators) scares the living shit out of me. She must make up 25% of their sample size or something…


[/quote]

WOW just WOW, hope she doesnt becomes a college educator!

On a serious note I have a hard time believing that the average for people who teach at
college is as low as 55%. I thought people that teaches at such places had atleast a masters degree. [/quote]