Circumcision Equality

You mean senator Robert Byrd? Klan member? He supported Dems yes?

What do you know, every link on the first page is referencing feminazis and UofM. Very good representation of saying “the left wants segregation.” Color me surprised.

Could we also say “The right supports 1st degree murder” because Bundy was a republican?

If “the left” or “the right” is to be assumed of having a viewpoint, it might be good to find an actual politician (you know, the guys that make laws) with those views. Linking to a UofM student doesn’t hold a lot of water

1 Like

Huffpo is radical non-mainstream? BLM isn’t part of/supported by the left? Just so we are clear,you don’t think safe spaces are a non-fringe idea on the American left? While it is ALWAYS racial, segregation is a main stream left view.

Regardless, of whether a majority of libs push it or not, segregation (as well as most other white supremacist ideas) are far closer to the left than the right in present day America.

When it’s an opinion piece from a non politician and clearly marked as such WHILE not being an open thought shared by any national Dem you can find? Ummm yeah?

Lumping all “safe spaces” together as racist segregation being pushed by the left? If recent memory serves, Trumpers REALLLLLY needed a safe space starting with Trump’s run for POTUS leading up to current day less all the mean Dems put them down for their opinions.

On top of that, safe spaces are a concept pushed by SOME college kids and SOME “activists”

If the majority of a group isn’t pushing something, how do you feel comfortable saying it’s something that group is pushing? Safe spaces are being pushed by what? 2% of dems (total guesswork)? Sounds fringe to me. For a party that hates the media so much, you guys really are equal suckers for clickbait headlines.

Huffpo published an article supporting racial segregation. If you don’t mind and don’t think that reflects on the left, you can do that. It is certainly a reflection of the left IMO. And don’t confuse my apathy for the continuing moving goal posts with not being able to answer. I never mentioned Dems nor was the original statement about politicians.

Again, you are arguing with someone else. I would agree that the very recent revolution of Trump republicans is partly on board with a lot of the same evil disgusting ideas.

I think that is probably a gross underestimation. Regardless, it is far larger and more accepted in the left than the right, which is all that is required to make my actual statement true and ED hypocritical.

On dems allowing FGM (can’t quote now. Maybe Chris cut me off)

The left in the UK and Europe does support allowing Sharia law and seperate courts. This is evident in the number of “child brides” in the UK. It is actually a problem some are working toward fixing. There has been a push to normalize sharia law in the US also.

FGM, Honor Killings, child brides, cousin marriage are all happening in the West in Muslim communities. When people bring this up they are shouted down as bigots by the left.

CAIR claims that sharia is harmless and it is all fearmongering, so they are actively fighting to promote sharia law.

https://www.cair.com/anti-sharia-legislation-campaign.html

It is a problem in the left, that doesn’t mean every left leaning person is a lunatic. Bill Maher and Sam Harris have spoken volumes about how destructive PC liberalism and tolerance of the intolerant have scarred the left and had people running out of the party hands up and screaming.
And every time there is left wing violence, suppression of free speech coupled with silence from the powerful liberals in the country, the party shrinks just a little more.
That does not mean I think you are a left-wingnut. Or that you tolerate islamic practices that are vile and dangerous, but many who call themselves ‘left’ do. And that’s a huge problem for the left right now.

Things like tolerating female genital mutilation, here? Hell no. It’s not circumcision its mutilation. It totally ruins the way a woman’s sex function works. It would be like cutting off the head of a man’s penis. The equivalent for women would be to cut back the prepuce or labia to expose the clitoris more, which might actually help them. Nope, they massacre any chance this woman will have at an orgasm and miss out on one of the greatest moments of being a woman.

1 Like

The amount of segregation demands, especially at the collegiate level, is actually pretty startling.

Work your way through some of these:
http://www.thedemands.org/

They DEMAND segregation. Martin Luther King Jr. Is spinning at 2000rpm in his grave. Might as well put a “Coloreds Only” sign over that dorm.

It really is nuts.

Edit: My favorite part of the article

To put things in perspective, the Los Angeles Times pointed out in a 7 September 2016 report that themed housing focused on cultural identity is hardly a new phenomenon on college campuses. Stanford, Wesleyan and Cornell are among prestigious, long-standing universities that host living quarters for students based on heritage or specific interests, including Native American, Latino, European, Jewish and African diaspora students. The housing type is by no means new or specific to California State University at Los Angeles, nor does offering themed housing mean a campus is enforcing racial segregation.

1 Like

Well, I hope Snopes is right. I haven’t really dug into it.

Not taking a shot at you, but digging in is usually a prerequisite for finding something “startling.” Especially when posting a right leaning article that can be debunked with a 12 second google.

Edit: thinking federally funded colleges are mandating racial segregation (illegal) without fact checking it is a pretty hefty accusation

Not really. I read it and thought, “Wow, this is pretty fucking crazy.” and then I moved on because it doesn’t’ affect me at all.

If you go through the demands website I posted I don’t think you’d find a segregation demand to be that surprising. Some of the stuff being demanded is pretty outrageous.

I read through the first 10 or so. Seems about par for the course with extremist activists making demands. If a single segregation demand was granted to a federally/state funded school, I would be genuinely worried. Personally I’m about as afraid of that happening as I am of Muslim immigration pushing Sharia law on us.

I believe America and the principles it stands on are strong enough to push away illegal demands.

1 Like

The left is also against free speech
at least it appears that way given the rash of pc College campuses that are refusing to allow conservatives to speak. And
let’s not forget “hate speech” which was born of the left.

I’m not worried about it. I just found it odd and I hope it isn’t true.

Do you have an instance of a college refusing conservatives to speak? In recent memory, all the ones I’ve seen people backing out because they’re afraid of the bad PR.

Do you genuinely believe the origin of any of that matters? Serious question. To me it’s like saying republicans created federal income tax. Is it true? sure. Does it matter? not in a way that I can think of

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/us/milo-yiannopoulos-berkeley/

*Don’t like Milo

*Not really refusing (I misread your post)

1 Like

I’m not going to nitpick over phrasing. Things like this genuinely bother me.

1 Like