Circuit Training Question

Hey guys

So iv been lifting for about a year now, I like where i am with my size and now i want to start cutting/burning fat. My nutrition is exceptional, i have it down to a Tee. My only problem is the workout program. I cannot come up with or find a good circuit workout. If you have any good circuit workouts (links to any) please help me out.

Thanks!

You might want to do some reading in the first four threads in this section. If you had your diet down to a tee, you’d know that fat loss starts right there.

If you change your program to a higher-rep-lower-weight circuit and combine that with a low-cal diet, you’re going to lose what muscle mass you have.

Again, you’ve come to the right place, you’re just going to have to do a good bit of reading.

Check out this article

[quote]MuzzyEsp wrote:
My nutrition is exceptional, i have it down to a Tee. My only problem is the workout program. I cannot come up with or find a good circuit workout. If you have any good circuit workouts (links to any) please help me out.[/quote]

Like Jay said, your diet will make or break your results moreso than your training.

And since you said your “nutrition is exceptional”, I have to ask… what exactly did you eat yesterday? And what’s your overall diet plan like?

Also, what’s your current height and weight? What’s your strength like on the basic lifts (how much weight for how many reps)?

As far as circuits, they can be part a great fat loss program, definitely, but they shouldn’t be the only lifting you do (again, like Jay alluded to).

Here’s more info on complexes (a killer type of circuit):

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]MuzzyEsp wrote:
My nutrition is exceptional, i have it down to a Tee. My only problem is the workout program. I cannot come up with or find a good circuit workout. If you have any good circuit workouts (links to any) please help me out.[/quote]

Like Jay said, your diet will make or break your results moreso than your training.

And since you said your “nutrition is exceptional”, I have to ask… what exactly did you eat yesterday? And what’s your overall diet plan like?

Also, what’s your current height and weight? What’s your strength like on the basic lifts (how much weight for how many reps)?

As far as circuits, they can be part a great fat loss program, definitely, but they shouldn’t be the only lifting you do (again, like Jay alluded to).

Here’s more info on complexes (a killer type of circuit):

[/quote]

Breakfast;
7 egg whites
GrapeFruit
Protein Shake
Slice of Whole Wheat Bread, Cup of Yogurt
Multivitman, BCAA, fish oil

Snack;
Banana and almonds

Lunch;
Salad (i put hot sauce on my salad just cause i like the taste)
Tuna with pepper

Snack:
Apples and peanut butter (all natural)

Supper;
Chicken breast wrap
Salad
Fish oil caps
cup of Chocolate milk

Snack;
Fruit Salad
Protein Shake
BCAA

Thats what i ate yesterday.

Im thinking of doing a workout like this as well
Week 1,2 - circuit workout
Week 3 - Heavy Lifting
Week 4 - Complexes

Think that would be a good idea?

Are you cutting for a figure competition with that diet?

Im partially kidding. But that list of foods means jack without the amounts of food. Ya know. Ounces, grams, pounds.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Are you cutting for a figure competition with that diet?

Im partially kidding.[/quote]
I’m not.

You couldn’t possibly weigh more than 170 with that diet. Height/weight?

Thats the type of diet i will be following this summer, iv been following some what of a diet like that this past year but being in university its quite hard to ignore the liqour and bad foods sometime. i try to eat like that everyday though, throwing in the occasional bad foods here and there. Dont get me wrong, i will toss in steak and beef and all those good foods this summer as well.

I weigh 188 and am 5"11