Circuit Training in a Commercial Gym

does anyone do this? seen other people do it? get annoyed by someone using up more than one rack or machine?

I think this is a horrible way to train for bodybuilding.

[quote]Alquemist wrote:
I think this is a horrible way to train for bodybuilding.[/quote]

maybe, but perfect for fat loss

granted, I’m not talking about 9 exercises in a row of the whole body.

but splitting into 3-4 exercises done as one Giant set really gets the metabolism going.

that is probably because you havent tried it

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
that is probably because you havent tried it[/quote]

Do you train that way?

I’ve done it. The trick is picking the slower times at the gym and “claiming” your shit by laying towels/clipboards/straps on what you are using.

yea, i do the same. somtimes ill put a 85lbs dumbbell on the rowing seat cuz i know ppl are too lazy to move it.

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
yea, i do the same. somtimes ill put a 85lbs dumbbell on the rowing seat cuz i know ppl are too lazy to move it.

[/quote]

HAHA awesome.

Plus in a commercial gym I bet there’s not too many people who COULD actually move it.

[quote]MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:

HAHA awesome.

Plus in a commercial gym I bet there’s not too many people who COULD actually move it.[/quote]

Sad but true.

At my old gym, a woman actually asked me to move a 30lb dumbell that somebody else left behind. I moved it, but shit. You’re at a gym, you can’t be THAT weak.

Shiiit

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:

[/quote]

I will try that next time i superset exercises.
I think the best option is choose exercises that use mostly barbell and dumbels, and stay near to an adjustable bench, bodyweight exercises are good for that too.

I imagine you are doing circuits for fatloss or endurance/conditioning(higher rep/short rest), right? With lighter weights you can clean the barbell for front squats and clean and jerk to behind the neck to do lunges or goodmornings. DBs are a good opition for bench.

Yep, I’ve done. Timing, as in a lot of things, is everything. Mornings is a good time at my gym, also late at night. Sat & Sun is right out.

Depends on the circuit training you are doing, but on the workout I was doing, I had barbell, dumbbell and bodyweight alternates planned (as far as possible), so if someone was snoozing on a station I would bypass it.
Alternatively, team up with some people and that way you could hold stations open for each other.

[quote]MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:

HAHA awesome.

Plus in a commercial gym I bet there’s not too many people who COULD actually move it.[/quote]

yea, cause theyre all doing circuit training.

People that do this are always annoying, inconsiderate assholes.

I’ve tried to perform several of the 3-4 exercise circuits (giant sets, complexes, or whatever people call them this season) AC provided in NROL, but couldn’t pull them off a fifth of the time so I gave up on them.

If you workout at an empty gym you may have luck with them, but for me they aren’t worth the stress of keeping an eye on my other stations while trying to knock out a heavy set of squats. It distracts me from the exercise I’m currently doing.

Some say to leave a towel on your equipment. Good luck. Putting a towel on equipment around these parts doesn’t mean much to the clueless gym goers (who generally make up the majority of gym members). They’ll just start slowly unloading your bar… waiting to see if anyone will yell at them.

Also it doesn’t help that most commercial gyms aren’t set up like AC’s gym is. Many commercial gyms are organized by body parts. Like a “leg section” with the squat racks and other related equipment, “chest equipment” with the benches etc… So this makes it even more difficult to train the upper and lower body in a circuit.

Again, if reserving equipment isn’t a problem where you train then give it a shot.

I hear all successful bodybuilders do circuit training…
They just do the old-fashioned stuff when being watched, so that people don’t realize the truth.

It’s got to be the real secret for getting huge…

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:

HAHA awesome.

Plus in a commercial gym I bet there’s not too many people who COULD actually move it.

yea, cause theyre all doing circuit training.[/quote]

LoL

this kid is ridiculously ignorant

right. you were trained by Ballys, stfu.

and youre small.

did you ever get with that girl who wanted you sooo bad that she sent you an entire line of exclamation points?

lol

ignorant with no self respect or friends to talk to. sad. find a hobby son.

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
lol

ignorant with no self respect or friends to talk to. sad. find a hobby son.[/quote]

While I don’t normally side with Live…

You do seem a little out of place in the Bodybuilding section, no offense…

[quote]Alquemist wrote:
I think this is a horrible way to train for bodybuilding.[/quote]

In what way is it inferior to a linear progression with consecutive sets? As far as I’m concerned, circuit training is the only way to train if you’re a bodybuilder.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
ZeusNathan wrote:

HAHA awesome.

Sad but true.

At my old gym, a woman actually asked me to move a 30lb dumbell that somebody else left behind. I moved it, but shit. You’re at a gym, you can’t be THAT weak.

Shiiit[/quote]

Lol, you think that’s bad? I’ve seen far worse. 30 lbs is huge weight for some people.