T Nation

Circuit from Hell - Impact of Surge

Last night I decided to adapt my Waterbury 25 reps / full-body workout to a circuit, in order to save a little time. The circuit looked like this(…and it busted my balls):

Power Clean @ 253 x 4-5-4-5-4-3
Close-Grip Bench Press @ 242 x 4-5-5-4-4-4
Chin-Up @ Bodyweight(217)+65 x 4-5-5-4-4-4

Workout took approx. 35 minutes. Was wiped all night and am dragging ass today. This is where Surge comes in. I’ve been drinking Surge during my workouts for about a week now. I have a lot of energy during the workouts and am spent after, sleeping like a baby. Pretty worn out the next day.

I keep planning to take two days off, but I keep going every other day - feeling pretty damned fresh after one day off. Have others found this? Also taking Alpha Male. Don’t know if that plays a role…or the fact that I’m pounding down Grow! and Metabolic Drive, as well. Surge, however, seems to have made the biggest impact as far as recovery.

Some of those sups I cant speak too. However, Surge I am taking. Both the recovery and prework out. I cant recover with out them. My work outs are stronger, lot less fatigue.

That’s awsome, nice job! I’m looking forward to picking up a couple bottles of Alpha Male soon as well.

[quote]daddyzombie wrote:
That’s awsome, nice job! I’m looking forward to picking up a couple bottles of Alpha Male soon as well.[/quote]

Verdict is out on Alpha Male. Label says a month for full effect. Looking for lean mass and strength gains. We’ll see.

SURGE CONTINUES TO KICK ASS!

I had a ball-buster Friday night. (Full/Olympic) Back Squats (385) then Incline Bench Presses (275) and Weighted Chin-Up (Bodyweight plus-60lbs.). All done for multiple sets (between 3-5 reps), total of 25 reps per exercise.

Saturday I was dragging ass, glad to have the weekend off. Felt pretty good Saturday night. Ended up feelign good and working out on Sunday: Snatch-Grip Deadlift (420), Seated DB Presses (95-pounders), and Barbell Row (308). Same deal as always: 25 total reps (3-5 reps per set) per exercise.

I’m going to go one more week (that will make a total of 4) and then force myself to take a week off…before I crash and burn.

Thats some pretty heavy lifting. Sometimes you have to force that off time in.

[quote]ProwlCat wrote:
Last night I decided to adapt my Waterbury 25 reps / full-body workout to a circuit, in order to save a little time. The circuit looked like this(…and it busted my balls):

Workout took approx. 35 minutes. Was wiped all night and am dragging ass today. This is where Surge comes in. I’ve been drinking Surge during my workouts for about a week now. I have a lot of energy during the workouts and am spent after, sleeping like a baby. Pretty worn out the next day.

I keep planning to take two days off, but I keep going every other day - feeling pretty damned fresh after one day off. Have others found this? Also taking Alpha Male. Don’t know if that plays a role…or the fact that I’m pounding down Grow! and Metabolic Drive, as well. Surge, however, seems to have made the biggest impact as far as recovery. [/quote]

This looks like an ideal workout to me. You get lots of heart action, muscles are challenged, GH and Insulin should be primed and ready. If I didn’t think I would die while doing it, I’d be up for it! ;>

Actually, I like this sort of high intensity training because it resembles fighting. J/C, do you do something like the Tabata protocol, 20 seconds on and 10 off?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
ProwlCat wrote:

I keep planning to take two days off, but I keep going every other day - feeling pretty damned fresh after one day off. Have others found this? Also taking Alpha Male. Don’t know if that plays a role…or the fact that I’m pounding down Grow! and Metabolic Drive, as well. Surge, however, seems to have made the biggest impact as far as recovery.

This looks like an ideal workout to me. You get lots of heart action, muscles are challenged, GH and Insulin should be primed and ready. If I didn’t think I would die while doing it, I’d be up for it! ;>

Actually, I like this sort of high intensity training because it resembles fighting. J/C, do you do something like the Tabata protocol, 20 seconds on and 10 off?

[/quote]

I started the ‘Warrior Diet’ today. All I had before my workout was two scoops of Metabolic Drive, two scoops of Grow! Whey and an apple. Sipped the shakes throughout the day, ate the apple about 90 mintues before my workout. Total of approx. 500 calories. Then the same workout as last week but with a bit more weight. Looked like this:

Power Clean @ 264 x 4-4-4-4-4-3-2
Close-Grip Bench @ 250 x 4-4-4-4-4-3-2
Weighted Chin-Up @ Bodyweight plus-70 lbs. x 4-4-4-4-4-3-2

Shot through it as a circuit. Sipped Surge Workout Fuel during. No loss of energy. Did not get all that hungry today. Outperformed last week, easily. Feeling great and chowing down now!

My two other weekly workouts are:

Day 1: Back Squat, Incline Bench, Weighted Neutral Grip Pull-Up

Day 2: Snatch-Grip Deadlift, Seated DB Press, Barbell Row

Day 3: Above

I do not always do cicuits but most of the time work in a superset. Progress has been great through one month.

[quote]ProwlCat wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
ProwlCat wrote:

I started the ‘Warrior Diet’ today. All I had before my workout was two scoops of Metabolic Drive, two scoops of Grow! Whey and an apple. Sipped the shakes throughout the day, ate the apple about 90 mintues before my workout. Total of approx. 500 calories. Then the same workout as last week but with a bit more weight. Looked like this:

Power Clean @ 264 x 4-4-4-4-4-3-2
Close-Grip Bench @ 250 x 4-4-4-4-4-3-2
Weighted Chin-Up @ Bodyweight plus-70 lbs. x 4-4-4-4-4-3-2

Shot through it as a circuit. Sipped Surge Workout Fuel during. No loss of energy. Did not get all that hungry today. Outperformed last week, easily. Feeling great and chowing down now!

My two other weekly workouts are:

Day 1: Back Squat, Incline Bench, Weighted Neutral Grip Pull-Up

Day 2: Snatch-Grip Deadlift, Seated DB Press, Barbell Row

Day 3: Above

I do not always do cicuits but most of the time work in a superset. Progress has been great through one month.

[/quote]

I’ve tried the Warrior Diet, like it a lot. I cycle it, doing the Velocity Diet Lite right now. With your positive experiences on Surge, I’ll have to try it.

How old are you, btw? J/C

Warrior Diet would seem to be harder than it actually is. I’m really having no issues with hunger or energy. In fact, I find I’m productive as hell at work. I can keep focus and am not suffering a let-down after lunch. I figure if I can keep my energy up for power cleans last night on such little food, I should be okay energy-wise for all workouts and exercises.

I think the knowledge that I’m going to eat like a king later today keeps my mood up as well. I love to eat and this allows me to do that…

[quote]ProwlCat wrote:

Warrior Diet would seem to be harder than it actually is. I’m really having no issues with hunger or energy. In fact, I find I’m productive as hell at work. I can keep focus and am not suffering a let-down after lunch. I figure if I can keep my energy up for power cleans last night on such little food, I should be okay energy-wise for all workouts and exercises.

I think the knowledge that I’m going to eat like a king later today keeps my mood up as well. I love to eat and this allows me to do that…[/quote]

There’s a pdf version of the book in the Alpha Cells.

I know its been awhile since you posted in this thread.

I am curious as to how you are consuming the Surge. Do you drink it as the label recommends (15 minutes before, etc)?

I just purchased some and am wondering how everybody else takes it.