T Nation

Cinnamon and ACV Testimonies

I started taking 1 tsp of cinnamon and apple cider vinegar mixed with about 6oz of water before each meal to improve my insulin sensitivity. I’ve made two observations:

1. I get hungry about 1.5 hours after the meal, which I didn’t before. It seems that the combination is either speeding up my metabolism, or increasing my rate of digestion (or both).

2. I have to go to the bathroom more often (from once a day to 2-3). This leads me to believe that my rate of digestion is increasing from the combination.

I’m not sure if the above observations are a good or bad thing. I guess I’ll find out in a few weeks when I see my Biosignature guy again.

Has anyone else experienced any positive or negative reactions from the ACV/cinnamon protocol?

How does your concoction taste?

when i do this i can tell my blood sugar drops! (good thing)

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
How does your concoction taste?[/quote]

It’s a little tough to get down, since the cinnamon doesn’t dissolve, but it’s not bad. Just tastes like apple cinnamon.

yeah i wondered that as well

any other ways u can take cinnamon and apple cider vinegar with it tasting better???

on eggs i hear for cinnamon
?

as i posted in the other ACV thread.

Making ACV taste delcious and more nutritious is easy.

buy GREEN TEA TO GO PACKETS. They are 1.98 for like 10 of them with 80mg of flavonoid antoxidants per serving, and a serving is 1/2 and packet.

Mix ACV, green tea to go, water and some honey and you have a delicious beverage.

Cinnamon on eggs is pretty yummy, actually makes the egg taste better.

I posted in the other thread, but you can get capsules at Hi-Health stores. I don’t know if it would generate the same effect as drinking the liquid. If it does then I’m buying a bottle tomorrow.

I’m choking down some ACV and baking soda now, the only thing is it taste like carbonated water, which I don’t really understand.

Later

I put the cinnamon in my whey. It has the fortunate side effect of eliminating the whey’s aftertaste. As for ACV I just mix it with warm water and hold my nose.

I haven’t been crashing after carb meals. I’m hoping to see some reduction in back fat but who knows.

[quote]Braunbeck wrote:
I posted in the other thread, but you can get capsules at Hi-Health stores. I don’t know if it would generate the same effect as drinking the liquid. If it does then I’m buying a bottle tomorrow.

I’m choking down some ACV and baking soda now, the only thing is it taste like carbonated water, which I don’t really understand.

Later[/quote]

This is because you are mixing a very acidic substance with a very basic substance. I used to make fake volcanoes in third grade with these exact same ingredients.

[quote]cpcloud wrote:
Braunbeck wrote:

Later

This is because you are mixing a very acidic substance with a very basic substance. I used to make fake volcanoes in third grade with these exact same ingredients.[/quote]

Great. Now supplement companies are going to market ACV & Baking Soda as a new supplement and call it some ridiculous name like “Volcanic RUSH!” or some shit.

[quote]eggers wrote:
I started taking 1 tsp of cinnamon and apple cider vinegar mixed with about 6oz of water before each meal to improve my insulin sensitivity. I’ve made two observations:

1. I get hungry about 1.5 hours after the meal, which I didn’t before. It seems that the combination is either speeding up my metabolism, or increasing my rate of digestion (or both).

2. I have to go to the bathroom more often (from once a day to 2-3). This leads me to believe that my rate of digestion is increasing from the combination.

I’m not sure if the above observations are a good or bad thing. I guess I’ll find out in a few weeks when I see my Biosignature guy again.

Has anyone else experienced any positive or negative reactions from the ACV/cinnamon protocol?[/quote]

By going to the bathroom do you mean a “bowel” movement? I hope so because if you only piss once a day you ain’t hydrated enough.

[quote]pzehtoeur wrote:
cpcloud wrote:
Braunbeck wrote:

Later

This is because you are mixing a very acidic substance with a very basic substance. I used to make fake volcanoes in third grade with these exact same ingredients.

Great. Now supplement companies are going to market ACV & Baking Soda as a new supplement and call it some ridiculous name like “Volcanic RUSH!” or some shit.[/quote]

Sweet. Now I will get hyooge and have hawt abz by drinking ACV and baking soda!

i also want to be hyoooggg + av superduper awsummmmmm yum abzzzz

[quote]cpcloud wrote:
Braunbeck wrote:

Later

This is because you are mixing a very acidic substance with a very basic substance. I used to make fake volcanoes in third grade with these exact same ingredients.[/quote]

you may be neutralizing the benefit of the vinegar. when an acid and a base react you get water and a salt. after the two react there is no longer acetic acid which is what makes vinegar effective.

Cool, I only tried it once and barely had the stomach to finish the whole thing.

I’ve been using the ACV, also have been using Fiber One supplement and it seems to be making me bloated. Sucks, way to much gas, I may cut it out since I don’t have issues in that department.

few q’s:
do u have cinnamon every meal and acv only before carb meals ?

if acv does work would having it before your pwo meal (not shake) be unbeneficial because u want the insulin release, im guessing yes?

so could u assume that u should have cinnamon and acv 4-6 hours after ur WO, assuming the anabolic window is that long?

[quote]RobRayner wrote:
few q’s:
do u have cinnamon every meal and acv only before carb meals ?

if acv does work would having it before your pwo meal (not shake) be unbeneficial because u want the insulin release, im guessing yes?

so could u assume that u should have cinnamon and acv 4-6 hours after ur WO, assuming the anabolic window is that long?

[/quote]

As far as I understand ACV and cinnamon simply increase your insulin sensitivity, so there’s no reason not to take it since more sensitivity = always better.

I might be wrong though, if I am please correct me.

[quote]eggers wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
How does your concoction taste?

It’s a little tough to get down, since the cinnamon doesn’t dissolve, but it’s not bad. Just tastes like apple cinnamon. [/quote]

And barf?

I tried this for a bit - 2 tablespoons straight, before high-carb meals - and I felt like shit. I actually had one of my worst days ever in the gym during my brief stint with this, and overall I just felt weak and tired all the time.

I think it seriously hindered with my carb digestion. I do well on a high-carb diet, and ingest lots of them to power me through my workouts. I feel fine, and my weight and strength continue to increase, so I see no reason to stop. The only time I noticed a difference was while using the ACV. Since I stopped, I’m back on track, and increasing my weights again.

On the purported insulin-blood glucose regulating effects of ACV:

I don’t feel like finding the article and you can decide not to believe me if you’d like, but I read that ACV may actually prevent the absorption of carbohydrates to some degree. Thus, (if that is true) it’s not really “regulating” blood glucose per se; it simply avoids dealing with the matter altogether.

Again, not sure if there is merit to any of this, but it certainly seemed to make a difference in my energy levels.