Cigars?

I smoke a cigar about 4 times a year. I usually try to have a different type each time, although I’m running out of options.

Cubans are definitely better. Much smoother, fuller flavour. Usually enjoyed with a nice single malt.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
My wife and I love the occasional premium cigar preferably outdoors in a hot tub. The Cubans truly are smoother and better IMO though harder to come by in the States.[/quote]

I’m having visions of Push getting his cigar smoked in a hot tub by Mrs Harder.

Lucky bastard.

I love cigars. I am not an afficianado by any means, but I enjoy the coconut flavored ones I get from the drug store as often as I can. I think they are Swisher Sweets?

So, IF I go to Canada, get with some of my Canadian friends, sit in their hot tub, smoke a fine Cuban cigar while my cigar is being smoked by 2 - 3 ladies AND send you a pic, would you turn me in for the reward money?
[/quote]

No, not at all. I would be happy for you…

Enjoy.

I have read that story also, TC.

CIGAR magazine wrote about in the Spring 2005 issue, page 76. It was reported that Salinger picked up 1200 Petite H. Upmanns.

You gotta watch out for the conterfeit cubans. I remember I used to be in the cigar threads on another site a lot and they talked about it often. They were saying if someone ever comes up to you in a foreign country offering cubans for sale, they’re probably not real cubans.

Check the ash is what I’m told. Cubans burn a dark grey ash, and if its white you’ve been taken.

I had a cuban once. It was the harshest thing I had ever smoked and I had to sit down. It was a lousey one, it should would be nice to get my hands on a decent one. Oh well…

Anyone interested in trading? I got some cigars and wouldnt mind trading for some sealed Biotest products. I can make a good deal. PM me.

Pushharder,

Anytime a man can relax with a fine cigar and his woman (or two…) is a good thing indeed. I plan on putting in a jacuzzi in a year or so on the back deck.

I haven’t been to Canada in years. One of my favorite bands is from there…the Cowboy Junkies.

Now, I believe I will go enjoy a Trinidad TTT.

[quote]gnosis007 wrote:
When purchasing favorite cigars buy the box, I go to jrcigar.com. Very good prices and fast shipping.

Trying new cigars, I gladly support my local retailer.

[/quote]

yeah i like jr too.that guy lew rothman who own’s jr is a riot. my uncle buys from jr and i remember reading those cigar catalouges at his house way back as a kid.

i wasn’t into cigars but the stuff he wrote was hilarious. funny enough that i remember his name like 15 years later and i’ve always remember the jr brand because of lew’s irreverent no-bullshit personality. since then i’ve smoked the jr’s many times and they’ve always been good.

[quote]swivel wrote:
gnosis007 wrote:
When purchasing favorite cigars buy the box, I go to jrcigar.com. Very good prices and fast shipping.

Trying new cigars, I gladly support my local retailer.

yeah i like jr too.that guy lew rothman who own’s jr is a riot. my uncle buys from jr and i remember reading those cigar catalouges at his house way back as a kid.

i wasn’t into cigars but the stuff he wrote was hilarious. funny enough that i remember his name like 15 years later and i’ve always remember the jr brand because of lew’s irreverent no-bullshit personality. since then i’ve smoked the jr’s many times and they’ve always been good.
[/quote]

If you want a great place to pick up some cigars cheap, check out cigarbid.com

A fair warning though, it can be rather addictive to get great cigars at dirt cheap prices. I mean look at me, I’ve got enough cigars to keep me for the next 5 years. JR is great too, I’ve picked up several good deals around the holidays, in particular Halloween. Montecristo box of especiale #2, they truly are little firecrackers. I got some of the TTT Trinidads too but just never cared for them. But I have always like most of the CAO line. I am still aiming to try some from the Brazalia line but have more than enough now. Dilemma.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
My wife and I love the occasional premium cigar preferably outdoors in a hot tub. The Cubans truly are smoother and better IMO though harder to come by in the States.[/quote]

pushharder, have you ever tried Arturo Fuente? It’s a Dominican Republic cigar but originaly from Cuba. It’s worth every penny. I don’t buy them in Canada since they are too expensive but if I am in the states, I will bring a box or 2 back…

the thing that makes cubans so good is in fact the soil, and the wrap.
my favorite brand cigar ar CAO without a doubt give a robusto brazilia any day.

[quote]Furious Penguin wrote:
It is endlessly entertaining to see someone voraciously attack smoking in any form, then they go out and train improperly. They eat unhealthy amounts of food, binge drink on the weekend, drive fast and or without a seatbelt, sit too close to the TV, work a job laden with pollutants or chemicals, or just practice risky or unsafe sexual practices. The list of hypocritical snafu’s on the PC charge against smoking is endless.

In that light, a cigar once or twice in six months is no biggie. Life is short, live it well. That includes good single malt scotch, and a fine Romeo y’Julietta to mark special occasions. So be it.

Don’t let the media determine your mentality. Think.

I enjoy about 3 or 4 cigars a year. Don’t like cigarettes. If I did, I’d smoke em just to piss off a liberal or two.

FP.[/quote]

So its not absurd for you to presume that i train improperly e.t.c?

You’re as bad as me ROFL.

I enjoy a good cigar a couple of times a week. I never smoked cigarettes though and find them pretty disgusting myself but if others want to smoke then it’s ok with me.
A good Cohiba is my favorite. Punch, Monte Cristo or a Romeo and Julliet is never bad either.
Since I live on the other side of the pond we have no problem with Cubans.
However I have lately seen some good Domenicans around that cost much less.
Smoking a cigar doesn’t make one a man but it doesn’t make you less of a man either.
It’s all about enjoying the good things in life and personal choice…I hate people that live in absolutes.

Never drink
Never smoke
Never use gear.
Never eat a pizza
Never live.

Bullshit. Stop telling people how to live their lives.

That’s what the government is for.