Cigars

So, my birthday is coming up in a few weeks AND I am taking a vacation for it. I just want to kick back and relax for a while. I always buy a couple of cigars to enjoy during big holidays/occasions(b-day, Christmas, New Years, etc.) This year I want to try something.

So my question is whatta ya smoke?

Personally I like CAOs-flavored and non-flavored, Romeo y Julieta, and the occasional Cohiba. I kinda like the more lighter tastes but have had a few fuller bodied one that are good. Size varies due to how much time I would have to smoke it.

Also give me a low price cigar and a high price cigar. I will buy a few low price ones that I like during Christmas and give them to my friends.

I’ve been smoking Oliva Serie V lately … but I’ve been on a cigar merry go round lately and am trying anything new

Go on to cigar.com and check out their sampler packages … see what you like … but I def. recommend Oliva

padron 1926 and 1964 are my favorite expensive smokes. i like the maduro better. Aston VSG are another very good pricey smoke.

padron 4000 etc are my favorite cheap smokes.

in between, rocky patels (1990, 1992 and other special blends) and cao’s have been my choice of late.

Montecristo No.2

Acid Kuba Kubas for a full flavored smoke. You probably haven’t smoked any cigar like it before. It’s my favorite.

And you can’t go wrong with Ashton VSG, either.

I don’t really bother much with sampling anymore. I’ve got a few cigars I know I like and I stick with them. Sampling is a good way to waste $10 and a couple hours on a bad smoke.

[quote]LankEyMofo wrote:
Acid Kuba Kubas for a full flavored smoke. You probably haven’t smoked any cigar like it before. It’s my favorite.

I don’t really bother much with sampling anymore. I’ve got a few cigars I know I like and I stick with them. Sampling is a good way to waste $10 and a couple hours on a bad smoke.[/quote]

How’s the crotch critter?

[quote]pumpme… wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

I don’t really bother much with sampling anymore. I’ve got a few cigars I know I like and I stick with them. Sampling is a good way to waste $10 and a couple hours on a bad smoke.[/quote]

How’s the crotch critter?[/quote]

Sleeping through the night. :wink:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Acid’s are for women and fags.

I suggest the Arturo Fuentes Hemingway Classic (Perfecto) for a medium bodied cigar.

^I lol’d

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]

Lol, true. I still like them, though.

In all seriousness, do you know why they’ve acquired that reputation among cigar snobs (obviously this isn’t the first time I’ve heard that)? Is it because they don’t have that traditional cigar taste?

I hear Black 'n Milds are good.

Swisher Sweets, Backwoods, and Dutch Masters FTW

^well, I guess those are considered cigars…

[quote]polo77j wrote:
^well, I guess those are considered cigars…[/quote]

Yeah, for the kids that empty them out and put weed in em.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:
^well, I guess those are considered cigars…[/quote]

Yeah, for the kids that empty them out and put weed in em.[/quote]

Win.

^^HAHAHA.
Thanks. I’ll check out my cigar shop and get some Montecristos and Padrons. And I hate samplers too. they give you a good smoke along with a bunch of shit ones. Unless your local store has tastings every now and them. they are like wine tastings, where you pay $15-$25 and get to taste a few petite Corona. The person leading the tasting is, usually, very knowledgeable and can recommend a wide variety based on tastes.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]

Lol, true. I still like them, though.

In all seriousness, do you know why they’ve acquired that reputation among cigar snobs (obviously this isn’t the first time I’ve heard that)? Is it because they don’t have that traditional cigar taste? [/quote]

It has to do with two things: flavor and manufacture.

Sweet flavors are culturally seen as feminine, in Mexico, women drink lemonade and honey with a dash of sweet liqueur at night, while men drink beer and tequila.

If you ever get a chance to go to the Dominican Republic, you might still be able to talk to some old tobacco men and listen to what they have to say, ask them to teach you how to smoke and taste cigars. Good lesson.

Among tobacco men (old timers) if there is a flavor in a cigar that is unnatural, they consider the cigar made for profit, instead of for making a good cigar. Same with machine pressed cigars (not hand rolled) the other tobacco men see it as there is not love and care put into the cigar, so they won’t smoke it.

The company that makes Acid cigars flavors their cigars (with natural stuff, like spices and roses), and machine presses their cigars. They do have cigars that taste good, for what they are. However, if you go to Dom. Republic the people will laugh at you, probably not because you are smoking Acids but because you still have your cigar label.

That is one rule I learned quick, if you take off the paper most people could not tell you what you are smoking.

I’ve used a lot of things to gauge my manhood, but the opinions of “Dominican Tobacco men” are certainly not among them.

They may not be “authentic”, but I’ve enjoyed several Acid cigars.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
I’ve used a lot of things to gauge my manhood, but the opinions of “Dominican Tobacco men” are certainly not among them.

They may not be “authentic”, but I’ve enjoyed several Acid cigars. [/quote]

…reading comprehension fail? I never mentioned anything about “Dominican Tobacco (sic) men” as a judge of one’s manhood. As well, by Dominican, I mean the guys that defected from Cuba to make a living doing what they love.

Sure, just like some guys like appletini.

[quote]markdp wrote:
Montecristo No.2[/quote]

x2