T Nation

CIA Warned Bush of Iraqi Chaos

The following shouldn’t come as a surprise to people with a semblant of functioning brains.

[i][b]The CIA warned the Bush White House seven months before the 2003Iraq invasion that the U.S. could face a thicket of bad consequences, starting with “anarchy and the territorial breakup” of the country, former CIA Director George Tenet writes in a new book. […]

The agency analysis painted what Tenet calls additional “worst-case” scenarios: “a surge of global terrorism against U.S. interests fueled by deepening Islamic antipathy toward the United States”; “regime-threatening instability in key Arab states”; and “major oil supply disruptions and severe strains in the Atlantic alliance.”[/i][/b]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/tenet_iraq;_ylt=AjkpPn9F_OdlQYanCW0wyGgDW7oF

Sad thing is that a few years and mountains of dead bodies later, American people are still giving Bush the benefit of the doubt by saying that the WMD’s and terrorism were anything more than pretenses to the invasion.

[quote]lixy wrote:
and “major oil supply disruptions”[/quote]

Tenet is an idiot. Our oil is still coming in just fine.

The CIA warned the Bush White House seven months before the 2003Iraq invasion that the U.S. could face a thicket of bad consequences, starting with “anarchy and the territorial breakup” of the country, former CIA Director George Tenet writes in a new book. […]

I guess he didn’t listen then.

This is old news.

No it isn’t.

If you read these forums, you get the impression that most of the people never heard about this “old news”.

And it isn’t old news that somebody in the loop, confirms what anybody with half a brain could have known. But of course he was accused of being unpatriotic.

You think Dubya would listen to the CIA (who his daddy was part of) over his daddy? Come on, you’re smarter than that!

You think Tenet’s portrayal of how events occurred in his own book might be a tad self interested?

And, amazingly, he’s sat on all these wonderful insights and revelations for how many years now, until he revealed them in his book?

A little perspective goes a long way.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
No it isn’t.

If you read these forums, you get the impression that most of the people never heard about this “old news”.

And it isn’t old news that somebody in the loop, confirms what anybody with half a brain could have known. But of course he was accused of being unpatriotic.[/quote]

Yes it is old news. Stop projecting your ignorance on others.

This is just an attempt to sell books.

The president was briefed on many different scenarios and outcomes of the war.

He listens to all of them and then makes a decision. That is his job.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
This is just an attempt to sell books. [/quote]

Could be. I just have a habit of giving the benefit of the doubt to the little guy.

C’mon! Very high-ranking officials said Bush’s mind was made up on Iraq around September some six years ago.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
This is just an attempt to sell books.

Could be. I just have a habit of giving the benefit of the doubt to the little guy.
[/quote]

You consider the former head of the CIA a little guy?

[quote]
He listens to all of them and then makes a decision.

C’mon! Very high-ranking officials said Bush’s mind was made up on Iraq around September some six years ago.[/quote]

Those high ranking officials also stated this when they started selling books.

As I said, it was Bush’s decision. He was presented with all scenarios. He made the decision.

There is nothing new happening other than Tenent is looking slimier than ever.