CHY Pulsing

Yes Christian said 12g of CHY per scoop, and also it will have no carbs…

[quote]Quickthinkin wrote:
Rich Hand wrote:
What is the benefit of CHY over EAA/BCAA? I am thinking that the latter would be absorbed too quickly or the amino profile is of lower standard?

He has answered this like six times. Look towards the last two pages of the protein pulse thread.[/quote]

No this was not answered really

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Correct. Although regular forms of casein (miscellar, concentrate, sodium caseinate, etc.) are absorbed slowly, casein hydrolysate is actually a lightning fast protein, even faster than whey hydrolysate.

Why the small amount? Because only 12g of CH is required to maximally trigger the anabolic response.[/quote]

Coach Thibaudeau,

With regard to the 12g of CH (Finally got my hands on some!) is 12g the magic amount? Can you go less (like 8.5g)? Or will this be insufficient to trigger the anabolic response? And can you go higher than 12g? Will this have any added benefits or just a waste of money?

[quote]Rich Hand wrote:
Quickthinkin wrote:
Rich Hand wrote:
What is the benefit of CHY over EAA/BCAA? I am thinking that the latter would be absorbed too quickly or the amino profile is of lower standard?

He has answered this like six times. Look towards the last two pages of the protein pulse thread.

No this was not answered really
[/quote]

Yes it waa. EAA/BCAA is not complete, CHY is complete. There is a full answer there somewhere.

[quote]Dwigs wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Correct. Although regular forms of casein (miscellar, concentrate, sodium caseinate, etc.) are absorbed slowly, casein hydrolysate is actually a lightning fast protein, even faster than whey hydrolysate.

Why the small amount? Because only 12g of CH is required to maximally trigger the anabolic response.

Coach Thibaudeau,

With regard to the 12g of CH (Finally got my hands on some!) is 12g the magic amount? Can you go less (like 8.5g)? Or will this be insufficient to trigger the anabolic response? And can you go higher than 12g? Will this have any added benefits or just a waste of money?[/quote]

You can go higher. I’ve gone as high as 40g, and it is beneficial but not always necessary. I would not go lower than 12g

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Dwigs wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

Why the small amount? Because only 12g of CH is required to maximally trigger the anabolic response.

Coach Thibaudeau,

With regard to the 12g of CH (Finally got my hands on some!) is 12g the magic amount? Can you go less (like 8.5g)? Or will this be insufficient to trigger the anabolic response? And can you go higher than 12g? Will this have any added benefits or just a waste of money?

You can go higher. I’ve gone as high as 40g, and it is beneficial but not always necessary. I would not go lower than 12g[/quote]

Awesome, Thanks coach! Can’t wait to give this a go

Hey CT, where’s the best place to buy CH in Canada, or barring that in the U.S?

[quote]Zen warrior wrote:
Hey CT, where’s the best place to buy CH in Canada, or barring that in the U.S?[/quote]

In a few weeks it might be here :wink:

Certainly hope so. Tell Tim to hurry up then! LOL (Kidding Mr. Patterson, sir)

Just curious, I was looking at two types of CH: Hydrolyzed Casein and Hydrolyzed CaseinATE (PeptoPro), which is the right one? Obviously PeptoPro is confirmed quality but I don’t see the difference other than brand name and higher price. I’m sorry if mentioning of other non-Biotest products is a no no, if that’s the case then feel free to delete the message.

[quote]Patrickahn wrote:
Just curious, I was looking at two types of CH: Hydrolyzed Casein and Hydrolyzed CaseinATE (PeptoPro), which is the right one? Obviously PeptoPro is confirmed quality but I don’t see the difference other than brand name and higher price. I’m sorry if mentioning of other non-Biotest products is a no no, if that’s the case then feel free to delete the message.[/quote]

"Proteins are dehydration polymers of amino acids. If you think of amino acids as lego pieces then a protein would be the lego castle. When I say dehydration polymer, I mean whenever you join two amino acids, you kick out 1 molecule of water (the oxygen and two hydrogens of the water were formally part of the amino acids).

If you have a polypeptide made of 10 amino acids, you would have 9 peptide bonds. To digest that polypeptide into 9 amino acids you would need 9 molecules of water. This reverse reaction to make amino acids back from peptides is actually extremely slow under the conditions in our stomach which is why we need enzymes to speed up the reaction via catalysis.

When a polypeptide starts getting really big (100’s or thousands of amino acids all linked into one molecule) it gets folded into a special 3-D globular shape and it is this that people call “protein.”

Our digestive system however will only absorb small peptides and free amino acids, so all protein you ingest must be “hydrolyzed” meaning enzymes called proteases and acid in our stomach cause water molecules to break the peptide bonds reforming smaller peptides and even free amino acids.

This takes time. Whenever you buy a “hydrolyzed protein” it means that the hydrolysis has already been done by the manufacturer. They actually just use a special solution with the right concentration of a batch of various protease enzymes and let it react until you have the desired level of break-down.

What makes PeptoPro special? You notice above I said “various proteases” this is because each individual protease specializes for binding to a specific peptide sequence and cleaving at that specific spot only. So to completely digest a protein our pancreas secrets a good number of different specialized proteases that all bind to their own special spots and together they manage to totally break apart the large protein molecule into small pieces your body can use.

Well a challenge with casein has been the high proline content. Our bodies have no problem producing proteases that bind and react with proline rich peptides, but most manufacturers don’t have that enzyme available to use in their plant. So with regular hydrolyzed casein the hydrolysis procedure can only go so far an you end up with a lot of proline peptides that could not be further broken down. In fact it is specifically the proline peptides that give hydrolyzed casein its distinctive bitter taste.

The manufacturers of PP were able to isolate and optimize the use of an enzyme I believe they have patented that will efficiently break down even the proline peptides. So not only do you eliminate the bitter taste of these peptides but you also now have 80% of the protein broken all the way down to the size of di and tri-peptides (meaning protein fragments so small they are made up of only 2-3 amino acids per molecule).

Our intestines can directly absorb these peptides with ZERO need for any hydrolysis in our stomach. Not only that but our intestines PREFER to absorb these peptides over free form amino acids. We have easily 10X more peptide transporters in our intestines than free form amino acid transporters. So PP is superior to any form of free form amino acid supplement. But it gets even better, its a full complete spectrum of all the amino acids.

Does it get even better? Yes. For those who are on ketogenic diets or very carb restricted but still want a post workout insulin spike PP is amazing. This is because the ultra fast absorption of all these amino acids makes PP actually strongly insulinogenic.

Can a good thing be too good? Yes. This supplement is actually so powerful that you can easily over do it. The entire serving will literally absorb into your bloodstream within minutes. You don’t need 40g of amino acids in your blood in one shot. You will massively upregulate the use of amino acids for gluconeogenesis, but then almost as quickly as it rose it will drop. But your body will still be in amino acid metabolizing overdrive. So you can actually start turning to your own muscle tissue and go into negative nitrogen balance.

Remember it is CHANGES in blood amino acid concentration that stimulate protein synthesis, not simply the levels of amino acids in your blood. So by manipulating the ultra fast absorption of PP, you can really stimulate the receptors on your muscles that upregulate muscle protein synthesis.

Taking PP all throughout the day is NOT a good idea. You desensitize your muscle receptors to the increases in amino acid concentration

Regular hydrolyzed casein can still clump in the stomach and be even slower digesting than whey isolate. It also tastes horrible and does not mix well. PP makes a clear solution instantly like its crystal light or something.

However, the regular hydrolyzed casein at ****** has a very high AN/TN (amino nitrogen to total nitrogen) indicating a high level of hydrolysis (of course nowhere near that of PP though). So there is a significant amount of fast absorbing peptides in each serving. The rest of the serving will digest a lot slower, maybe over a period of hours. So you can get the best of both worlds and this is an effective powder. I’ve actually got decent results sipping 20g of regular hydrolyzed casein during my workouts.

Hydrolyzed whey is hydrolyzed to a similar extent as the regular hydrolyzed casein, but overall will absorb a lot faster because even the less hydrolyzed portions will be totally soluble in our stomachs. It is also a lot less bitter because whey proteins do not have nearly as many proline peptides."

[quote]zraw wrote:

Can a good thing be too good? Yes. This supplement is actually so powerful that you can easily over do it. The entire serving will literally absorb into your bloodstream within minutes. You don’t need 40g of amino acids in your blood in one shot. You will massively upregulate the use of amino acids for gluconeogenesis, but then almost as quickly as it rose it will drop. But your body will still be in amino acid metabolizing overdrive. So you can actually start turning to your own muscle tissue and go into negative nitrogen balance.

Remember it is CHANGES in blood amino acid concentration that stimulate protein synthesis, not simply the levels of amino acids in your blood. So by manipulating the ultra fast absorption of PP, you can really stimulate the receptors on your muscles that upregulate muscle protein synthesis.

Taking PP all throughout the day is NOT a good idea. You desensitize your muscle receptors to the increases in amino acid concentration

[/quote]
So are you saying that you believe pulsing would NOT be a good idea?