Churchill Cup Rugby

Anyone watching this? Its on ESPNU and Mediazone (broadband). Anyone think the US has a chance against Ireland A or New Zealand Maori?

I’m going the Canada vs. Scotland game next Wednesday. I know nothing about the current strengths of the teams but doubt the US has much of a chance against New Zealand. Not sure about Ireland though.

I’m going the Canada vs. Scotland game next Wednesday. I know nothing about the current strengths of the teams but doubt the US has much of a chance against New Zealand. Not sure about Ireland though.

I’m taping it. :slight_smile: I wish I could go, but I live in Boston and the competition’s on the other side of the country. The U.S. won’t win a match, and the N.Z. Maori will take it all. They whooped the British Lions last summer, man.

Ireland A = Good chance

NZ Maori = No chance!

Note that the Maori just beat the New South Wales Waratahs on Friday night. The Waratahs were one of the top teams in the Super 14 comp this year, although they were missing some of their top players who have gone into training camp for the Australian test team. So the Maori are in good form.

i have a number of espn and sports stations but i cant find espnu…is it not available in the states???

[quote]2ndRow wrote:
Anyone watching this? Its on ESPNU and Mediazone (broadband). Anyone think the US has a chance against Ireland A or New Zealand Maori?[/quote]

Ireland are out here now for 2 Tests against ABs and one against Australia.

Arrived Sunday, so that is three weeks with the bulk of their squad here.

The Ireland A team might be a bit under strength because of this Tour.

LR