Chuck V's New Squat Record

Yea, but it shouldn’t count because he clearly used a buffalo bar.

Oh, wait, that’s just bar bend…

[quote]DF85 wrote:
I bealive someone in the 181’s benched a record 750 at the same meet.

Crazy.[/quote]

Jay Fry. That’s up on PL Watch too.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
First there’s Bolton deadlifting 1008… then Chuck Vogehlpol squats 1110… what’s next? I’m hoping to see Kennelly press 1100+.[/quote]

Kennelly is cutting down right now. He’s planning on hitting a grand @275.

He’s gonna look SICK at 275.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
The entire thing was unreal. The dark banquet hall with spotlights on the platform, Iron Man cranked up louder than anything else they played all day, and about 30 more people that seem to have magically appeared just to see Chuck. The platform was surrounded, everyone was cheering as he came through the curtain dividing the warm up room from everything else. And then, well, you know the rest.

Lexen had a few members taking photos and videos of all the lifters, so some more stuff should be out soon. [/quote]

Were you there!!! I was there too!!! You are so right! I was in the front row and couldn’t see SHIT b/c of everyone surrounding the platform! It was so incredible… I had chills! The energy in the room was INSANE! Everyone was going nuts! It was so freaking crazy to be able to witness it in person… and everyone is right…he is NOT human! He is such a freak of nature.

The whole meet was fantastic…it was one of the best days of my life! =D

[quote]Hanley wrote:
He’s gonna look SICK at 275.[/quote]

Definitely man. I really think he’ll hit 1000. Even if he doesn’t I know he will break the 275 record, which is Luyando’s 948, I think.

[quote]mmgalb727 wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:
The entire thing was unreal. The dark banquet hall with spotlights on the platform, Iron Man cranked up louder than anything else they played all day, and about 30 more people that seem to have magically appeared just to see Chuck. The platform was surrounded, everyone was cheering as he came through the curtain dividing the warm up room from everything else. And then, well, you know the rest.

Lexen had a few members taking photos and videos of all the lifters, so some more stuff should be out soon.

Were you there!!! I was there too!!! You are so right! I was in the front row and couldn’t see SHIT b/c of everyone surrounding the platform! It was so incredible… I had chills! The energy in the room was INSANE! Everyone was going nuts! It was so freaking crazy to be able to witness it in person… and everyone is right…he is NOT human! He is such a freak of nature.

The whole meet was fantastic…it was one of the best days of my life! =D[/quote]

Yeah. I was one of those people sitting front and center. Sorry :frowning: At least I was helping to correct the loading sheet. (that’s a good excuse, right? :slight_smile:

Were you in the little group of the black tank top girls? I feel like I knew who everyone else in the front rows belonged to. lol

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
mmgalb727 wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:

Lexen had a few members taking photos and videos of all the lifters, so some more stuff should be out soon.

The whole meet was fantastic…it was one of the best days of my life! =D

Yeah. I was one of those people sitting front and center. Sorry :frowning: At least I was helping to correct the loading sheet. (that’s a good excuse, right? :slight_smile:

Were you in the little group of the black tank top girls? I feel like I knew who everyone else in the front rows belonged to. lol

[/quote]

Yes! We were! We all lift together in Lexington, Ky and we have a meet coming up in 3 weeks… Our friend Susie is an artist and designed shirts for us with a really cool powerlifting chick on the front of them… so we thought we would be cheesy and wear them! =D sbmart2 was with me also (she posts in powerful women… she has a log called buffet training no more)

That was my 2nd Ironhouse Classic and my friend’s Justin Ford and Matt Sutton were lifting (Ford was the guy in the hat who deadlifted in Olympic shoes! haha… he was an Oly lifter for 10 years and just feels more comfortable in them!)

Anyway, they were both in the 242’s and totaled 1755 and 1725… and both set PR’s so that was fun to watch… Also, my coach Jim Laird used to be roomies with Jim Wendler so he came up with us too see a bunch of his friends.

OK… enough hi-jacking… I am SURE I saw you… and yes you had a good reason to be front and center! I was just happy to be there when it happened!!! I have been hearing stories about Chuck for the last 5 years from my coach and to watch him break that record was so cool!

That squat was just amazing. I was really afraid Chuck was finished. He’s deffo one of my favourite lifters and it would have sucked not to see him break some more records.

There’s no doubt about the validity of that squat. It was sunk right in and the tenacity he showed to arch it up is was just sick.

It’s a shame that at any given time in the next year or two that record could fall to a squat much less suspect on the depth issue. I know Chuck has been accused of some high squats in recent times, but black suit legs or white suit legs, that was WAY in!!

Chuck is the epitome of a true Louie Simmons guineau pig.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
Chuck is the epitome of a true Louie Simmons guineau pig.[/quote]

He is?

[quote]Hanley wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:

He is?[/quote]

Haha, this looks like some of the PLWatch comments…

That depth was incredible. I kept thinking he was going to stop and explode back up but he just kept going down. Incredible.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:

He is?[/quote]

Who let this 2B guy in in the first place? It seems like I facepalm more reading the strength forum than ever before…

[quote]Hanley wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:

He is?[/quote]

He’s actually from Planet Krypton. His real name is Chuck-El. :oD

[quote]threewhitelights wrote:
Hanley wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:

He is?

Who let this 2B guy in in the first place? It seems like I facepalm more reading the strength forum than ever before…[/quote]

I’m wondering the same thing.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
Chuck is the epitome of a true Louie Simmons guineau pig.[/quote]

Chuck’s been doing his own shit for a while. People who don’t know whats up shouldn’t bother to even comment.

[quote]masonator wrote:
Hanley wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:

He is?

Haha, this looks like some of the PLWatch comments…[/quote]

Yeah. His squat has really suffered since he left Westside, huh?

that was sick…

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
masonator wrote:
Hanley wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:

He is?

Haha, this looks like some of the PLWatch comments…

Yeah. His squat has really suffered since he left Westside, huh?[/quote]

Yeah if he was still at Westside, he’d be squatting 1300.

lol