Chuck V's New Squat Record

Chuck Vogelpohl sets new all-time 242 squat record 1110 pound squat at Iron House Classic.

Damn. Too bad he wore a squat suite.(joking)

Holy moly.

Vid?

Cant find one yet. I just looked on youtube.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
Cant find one yet. I just looked on youtube. [/quote]

Cheers. Keep us updated.

That’s a massive squat.

There is a vid on powerliftingwatch.com

www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/11156

Amazing effort.

that’s a 4.58xbdyweight squat. That’s freakin’ amazing.

Damn. Chuck V is amazing. That was good depth too.

I’m glad to hear he got the record. I fuckin LOVE Chuck V. It wasn’t pretty, but it went up. That squat was through sheer power of will.

[quote]masonator wrote:
I’m glad to hear he got the record. I fuckin LOVE Chuck V. It wasn’t pretty, but it went up. That squat was through sheer power of will.[/quote]

Did you see him start to lose it forwards and then fucking arch the shit back up into position and lock it out?

No wonder they were playing “Iron Man” during that attempt. The guy isn’t human.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
masonator wrote:
I’m glad to hear he got the record. I fuckin LOVE Chuck V. It wasn’t pretty, but it went up. That squat was through sheer power of will.

Did you see him start to lose it forwards and then fucking arch the shit back up into position and lock it out?

No wonder they were playing “Iron Man” during that attempt. The guy isn’t human.[/quote]

Yeah! He shot his hips forward in the hole, too. The recovery itself is amazing; the fact that it’s a record just makes it that much better. That was the definition of muscling up a squat.

[quote]masonator wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
masonator wrote:

No wonder they were playing “Iron Man” during that attempt. The guy isn’t human.

Yeah! He shot his hips forward in the hole, too. The recovery itself is amazing; the fact that it’s a record just makes it that much better. That was the definition of muscling up a squat.[/quote]

Not to forget it was pretty good depth.

The entire thing was unreal. The dark banquet hall with spotlights on the platform, Iron Man cranked up louder than anything else they played all day, and about 30 more people that seem to have magically appeared just to see Chuck. The platform was surrounded, everyone was cheering as he came through the curtain dividing the warm up room from everything else. And then, well, you know the rest.

Lexen had a few members taking photos and videos of all the lifters, so some more stuff should be out soon.

I bealive someone in the 181’s benched a record 750 at the same meet.

Crazy.

First there’s Bolton deadlifting 1008… then Chuck Vogehlpol squats 1110… what’s next? I’m hoping to see Kennelly press 1100+.

One of my training partner’s has known Chuck at least in passing for quite a few years…going back to when he was a 220 and training at Westside. He swears that Chuck is an alien and can manipulate his body temperature and blood pressure at will, haha.

speechless…

This is gonna be an awesome year for powerlifting.

Chuck V is an awesome lifter.