Chuck Taylor All Star II

I don’t know if this is an appropriate place to post this but what the heck, has anyone tried the new Chucks and what do y’all think about it? I read that it has some Lunarlon Sockliner technology of sorts, sounds like glorified Nike insoles to me. Wouldn’t that just make the shoe less flat and less powerlifting appropriate?

[quote]Benanything wrote:
I don’t know if this is an appropriate place to post this but what the heck, has anyone tried the new Chucks and what do y’all think about it? I read that it has some Lunarlon Sockliner technology of sorts, sounds like glorified Nike insoles to me. Wouldn’t that just make the shoe less flat and less powerlifting appropriate?[/quote]

The Chuck Taylor isn’t a powerlifting shoe. It was originally a basketball shoe that eventually just became a shoe, and after that powerlifters noticed it was awesomely built for powerlifting and adopted it. Converse never intended, nor did they ever, build the shoe for powerlifters.

That said, I would suggest not using the All Star II for powerlifting, and just stick with the classic, which Nike will continue to produce and sell.

I use the classic chucks for power lifting and I’m in love with them. I’m tempted to try the new chucks out but don’t know if I want to spend $75 on them and not love them… I really want to buy them now lol