Chuck Lidell On the Cover of ESPN

[quote]texasguy wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
The interview with Chuck should be good for a laugh or two, that is if they can accurately translate his incoherent mumbling into actual words.

I think he has social anxiety disorder, because even sober he sounds really uncomfortable talking to reporters.

interestingly, he has a degree in economics from one of the california colleges. he is a smart guy. i bet he does have some sort of social anxiety disorder. [/quote]

sorry to go off topic, but it is very American to diagnose people with some sort of disorder haha. Just cos he doesn’t like being on camera does not mean he has a mental health problem.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Supposedly Fedor is going to be in a large article in Maxim. Should be interesting.[/quote]

That is the sweetest picture ever!

“Fedor like ice cream!”

[quote]AdamC wrote:
texasguy wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
The interview with Chuck should be good for a laugh or two, that is if they can accurately translate his incoherent mumbling into actual words.

I think he has social anxiety disorder, because even sober he sounds really uncomfortable talking to reporters.

interestingly, he has a degree in economics from one of the california colleges. he is a smart guy. i bet he does have some sort of social anxiety disorder.

sorry to go off topic, but it is very American to diagnose people with some sort of disorder haha. Just cos he doesn’t like being on camera does not mean he has a mental health problem.[/quote]

I was kind of being sarcastic, but yeah I don’t know why want to chalk everything up to a disorder. It’s a wierd societal trend, seems to stem from the need to play the blame game.

[quote]ytbones wrote:

I think the best thing that will come out of this will be higher pay for fighters. There are still a lot of fighters today making $1,000 a fight.
[/quote]

Most pro fighters would liver-kick their own mother for a $1000 payday.

I’ve known guys who have fought for as little as $50 at a local show, and $200-$300 seems to be the norm. Most fighters have to climb two or three rungs up the ladder before they can even dream about a $1000 payday. People tend to forget that the UFC/Pride fighters only comprise about 1% of the professional fighters out there.

A lot of people bitch about the UFC’s minimum wage ($3000 to show + $3000 to win), but that is HUGE money compared to what most guys in the ‘minor leagues’ are making, especially when you factor in the potential for performance bonuses ($30K for FotN, $30K for best submission, $30K for best KO).