The Pastabilities Are Endless Spaghetti and Meatballs

Good Luck Brother! Get After it!
-Brian

4 Likes

Bit star struck, thanks man!

Thanks for the tag @losthog.
I’ll be following along @chaoshander. Excited to see your progress! Do you compete in any sports/ strength sports or plan to do so?

1 Like

SQUAT DAY 2

• Conditioning. Empty Barbell Complex, 3 mins alternating battle rope
  • Box Squats Giant Set
    -Hip Thrusts 3 x 10
    -Box Squats 3 reps 275/285/295
    -Dragon Flag Raise Things. 3 x 10, followed by hold
    -Battle Rope 3 x 25s
  • Box Squats Volume
    -235 12 reps, 8 reps, 245 8 reps
  • Low Bar Squat EMOM
    -185lbs 7 x 3

Notes: Started extremely strong, held up until EMOM sets. Should have been 180, got over confident I think, with the improved start up and increase in weight, need to stick to the plan a little tighter. Legs were completely fried.

1 Like

Me too! I have not competed, and while it’s not out of the question, I would like 450 on Deadlift, 375 on Squat, and 315 on Bench (the only one I have) before I attempt. I know they’re arbitrary numbers, but they’re just personal goals

1 Like

BENCH DAY 2

• Conditioning. Battle Rope/Burpees alternating 7 minutes
  • Floor Press Giant Set
    -BB Row 3 x 8 @ 155lbs
    -Floor Press 1 rep 275/295/305
    -Hanging Leg Raises 3 x 12
    -Burpees 3 x 10 (still really hate these, but limited due to inclement weather)
  • Floor Press Volume Sets
    • 8 x 245, 5 x 245, 5 x 245
  • OHP EMOM
    -110lbs 10 x 3

Notes:
*Rotated into proper cycle, dynamic set now consists of the paired lift. Definitely helped with the burn out I’ve felt on the past 2 days.
*Wilmington is a giant sauna, and my garage floods. So. A pretty unenjoyable workout all around.
*I think I need to post a video and enlist people to assess my OHP form. It’s never felt right, and it should definitely feel right at 110lbs.

2 Likes

I just started it too! First 4 day cycle will be finished Thursday. I can literally ring the sweat out of my shirt after 45 mins, it’s brutal. I do giant sets for all my warm ups too though so that might have something to do with it

Looking forward to seeing your results!

2 Likes

Ah shit. I meant to note I started giant setting my warm ups today too, to kind of counteract the switch in the dynamic part.

But yeah, I came in drenched and had to sit in our “cat chair” to dry out haha.

3 Likes

My second workout is tomorrow. Monday was good. I Giant set warmups and volume work. For me DL had dynamic squats. Tomorrow OHP will pair with dynamic bench.

I managed to get 10-15 minutes of accessory work. (Yeah I’m bragging)

Up your game man. Get that icing.

1 Like

You’re right, accessory work starts tomorrow!

1 Like

Second workout today for me. Did some accessory on OHP variation day.
Today on squat variation no accessory, I was toast. :slight_smile:

EDIT: awesome workouts dude.

1 Like

I just want to say that a Darkhorse Guinea Pig is the craziest animal I have ever heard of.

4 Likes

Honestly, a jet Black guinea pig the size of a horse would be fucking terrifying. 0/10 do not ever want to see in my lifetime.

1 Like

WAVE 1, WEEK 3

DEADLIFT DAY 3

• Conditioning. Box jumps, tire flips, box jumps (15, 6, 10) x 3
  • Paused Deadlift Giant Set (now including warm up)
    -Leg Curls 50lbs 5 x 8
    -Paused Deadlift
    - W-U 205 x 5, 275 x 5
    - SET 3 reps 305/325/335
    -Decline Crunches 5 x 20
    -Jumping Jacks 5 x 30s (lame, I know)
  • Paused Deadlift Volume
    -275lbs 11 reps, 8 reps, 5 reps
  • Low Bar Squat EMOM
    -185lbs 10 x 3

Notes.
-I felt close to death going into my volume. Drenched, couldn’t see, couldn’t wipe the sweat because my sweat rag was drenched. I was in a complete force of will mindset to grind through it.
-Holy shit paused deadlifts are raw. I knew the 3 set was going to be rough, but I was totally underprepared. Hands are screaming. Thankfully this was my last week of those, because I don’t know if I have another day left in me.
-Squats were awful. They went up as fast as I could get them, but that’s not saying much.
-Ive never felt so… primal? In a workout. Complete survival mode, gritting teeth, sweat, possibly tears? Probably just more sweat. Felt like I just fought for my life.

10/10 Workout.

5 Likes

Pic related

10 Likes

Yup, I would shit on the spot.

2 Likes

Well if it makes you feel any better, I immediately regretted drawing it.

2 Likes

nope, already opened up pandoras box, may god have mercy on us all.

2 Likes

This exchange had me in stitches.

1 Like

That is truly frightening!