T Nation

Chronic Post-Workout Soreness

I actually didn’t get the chance to mention this before, but every time I do hindu push-ups on the floor (with two exercise mats side-by-side) both of my serratus anterior muscles get sore the next day. Also, every time I do the Technogym lat row machine (which is a cam lever) my lower, middle, and upper trapezius muscles as well as my rhomboids get sore the next day. I have consistently been doing muscular endurance exercises with high reps/low resistance and running for about 4-5 weeks. Here again is the link to my post that describes my workout regime in detail:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65253

However, since this past week I have increase the amount of reps in my hindu push-ups by 10, and have increase the amount of reps on the lat rows by 5.

So, how am I supposed to prevent the soreness in these muscles from happening again?

[quote]Bull_Scientist wrote:

However, since this past week I have increase the amount of reps in my hindu push-ups by 10, and have increase the amount of reps on the lat rows by 5.

So, how am I supposed to prevent the soreness in these muscles from happening again?
[/quote]

Give up on training.

[quote]Bull_Scientist wrote:
[/quote]

Sounds like you could be under-trained. Perhaps anytime you are sore you should repeat the exercises that made you so. What if you did the push-ups and back work every day, maybe even twice a day.

I have many years of cumulative training and I’m sore after every workout of every muscles, except for shoulders. When I changed my routine some muscles can get sore for over 100 hours PWO. - Because I beat the crap out of them each training.- If I was not to be sore, for me it would mean that I would have slaked. So if you train hard, it’s normal to be sore, but everybody is different, some people train hard and don’t go through the same soreness.

Personally I am sore year round, it’s a way of life and I’m ok with it.

If you’re a beginner your body might just need to build a bigger capacity to endure more training.

Eric

I am sore in atleast one muscle group lately. (normally hamstrings some part of the trapezius, rhomboids, or other back muscles or calves) I have no issues with performance even when feeling like hell, but I am in need of a rest very soon. Give details so the more experienced here can give you advice, but I think it is simply you aren’t used to training or those exercises. I always feel terrible the day after when doing a new variation or something I haven’t done in a very long time.

Sounds like your suffering from rhabdomyolysis.

If you start urinating red colors and/or start having seisures let a medical professional know, so he can charge you $200 to tell you to GIVE UP ON TRAINING.

How about a can of “harden the fuck up”?

tweet

Dude, I know it was a serious question, but living with soreness is just a fact. What ever is sore, work it again, like a previous poster said. Or listen to theBird.
BTW, theBird: why you missin’ a tweet?

[quote]strangemeadow wrote:
BTW, theBird: why you missin’ a tweet?[/quote]

Buddy, I have been using the singular tweet for awhile now.

The double tweet tweet is now only reserved for special occasions or achievements.

tweet