Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, So Doc Says

Once they see evidence of that, maybe. They’ll have to see long term studies probably showing more than an association with guys on TRT and decreased medical bills. Probably take something like an NIH grant and cost serious money, Big Pharma will not pay for it.

1 Like

Just had phone appt with Dr. I updated him on the fact that despite consistent exercise and diet, my weight loss seems static, and I also still experience sleepiness in the early evening, as well as decreased sex drive. He said:

• He recommends a “weight loss class” that they offer. Despite me telling him about my fitness successes I’ve achieved in the recent past.

• He said “I’m not an expert” multiple times (wtf?)

• He declined to retest me inside of 6 mos and said he would discard a lower result anyway

• He said he had ordered every possible lab test (Which I know to be untrue thanks to the info you’ve provided)

• He tried to blame stress (cortisol) and said there was no way to test those levels, but the thyroid function could be an indication. I said: “but you tested my thyroid function and it’s fine so doesn’t that rule out cortisol as the cause?” He didn’t know how to answer.

• He tried to blame depression stating that I meet 5 of 7 symptoms, which are, surprisingly, the same symptoms related to low T

• He told me to reference the American endocrine society website to back up his position, well… I checked it out and it contains all sorts of conflicting information with what he said.

In the end we decided it would be best if I sought a second opinion.

In the end, we agreed that I

Most doctors refuse to prescribe TRT, they don’t wanna go anywhere near it. Truth is you are lower than the average 34 year old male, even lower than some healthy 50 year olds.

President Trump has higher levels than you do, he’s 72 years old. If your doctors prescribe TRT with the levels you’re getting, it would be insurance fraud.

Your insurance company will refuse to approve you for TRT unless you have two separate tests showing below 300, you need to stop wasting time with these sick care doctors.

The organizations behind these reference ranges and those responsible for the guidelines have a bias towards TRT, they have made it difficult to get approved for treatment.

1 Like

Waste of time. When I started I didn’t even try an endo. I called a trt clinic and called around. Now I have a great doc who is a trt guru.

Find a trt doc or a clinic . You don’t need a second opinion. You know what’s wrong. Unless your trying to get to the root cause. If so you need a trt doc not a clinic .

Until you follow through it’s hard for us to have any sympathy if you don’t get a private care doc. Until then I expect nonsense and half ass treatments.

One report said 60% across the globe. So a 50 year old was at 1k now 400. ThAts about right 60%. I’m 40 and I was 185 lollzzzz. That’s about an 80% drop.

enackers, yes I do have an interest in finding the root cause since I suspect my work environment might be a contributing factor.

Went to the second opinion doc, he was reluctant as well, but at least willing to listen to my concerns and give me the additional tests. I purposely did the blood draw after a full day at work because in the future I’d like to get tested after a 5 day or so vacation and compare my numbers. Here are the results. He ordered Prolactin as well but the result hasn’t come in yet:

![test2|690x79

A reluctant doctor is never a good thing when looking for a doctor to prescribe or manage your TRT, you should find someone who prescribes TRT for a living.

You still have many obstacles, like treatment protocols, lab testing and symptom management which I’m sure in this area he will be lacking.

Your doctor is unable to prescribe TRT unless you score <300 on two seperate test, the chances of that happening are slim. Stop wasting time with sick care doctors who have one hand tied behind their backs, you’re at a dead end road and you need a new plan.

Spoke with my inept Dr. about my latest results, he again denied there’s an issue.

Today I visited a local men’s health clinic. They took a blood test and had my results in 15 minutes. The total T result they produced said 134 ng/dl… I was surprised and a bit weary because that’s significantly lower than my previous test result of 343 ng/dl at the same time of day.

Is it likely that my levels could swing that much? Or is it more likely that they are just trying to sell me on treatment?

Anything is possible I guess, but I don’t think that I trust that number at all.

Hormone levels aren’t static and are always fluctuating day to day. It take a good doctor to understand if scoring anywhere close to the bottom end of the ranges it’s more than likely you are dipping below the ranges on some days and above on other days.

This scenario is unacceptable, the studies show most men experience symptoms long before you reach 300 ng/dL, most have symptoms when dropping below 500 ng/dL. Studies show cardiovascular disease <440 ng/dL.