Christmas Wishes

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:
Are you over 18? Then you are too old for Xmas presents. If you want something, you should have already bought it yourself.[/quote]

I kind of agree with this.

I mean it’s nice to have a wish list, but I’d rather compile a list of people I want to give to.[/quote]

I agree. When I exited them there teenage years the thrill of gettin’ stuff for Christmas fell off rather quickly and I remember how cool it was to be making my own money and giving back to those (usually relatives) who’d been giving to me all those years as a kid.
[/quote]

Truth!
Man, I remember that time and my overzealousness. I bought stuff for every relative on both sides of the family. That didn’t last long, and over a couple of years it dwindled down to the ones that mattered most to me.

Bah humbug.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:
Are you over 18? Then you are too old for Xmas presents. If you want something, you should have already bought it yourself.[/quote]

I mean it’s nice to have a wish list, but I’d rather compile a list of people I want to give to.[/quote]

I agree. When I exited them there teenage years the thrill of gettin’ stuff for Christmas fell off rather quickly and I remember how cool it was to be making my own money and giving back to those (usually relatives) who’d been giving to me all those years as a kid.
[/quote]

Truth!
Man, I remember that time and my overzealousness. I bought stuff for every relative on both sides of the family. That didn’t last long, and over a couple of years it dwindled down to the ones that mattered most to me.
[/quote]

Yep!
[/quote]

Here ya go old timers, a gift from me to you…

[quote]doogie wrote:

I think there is a big cultural difference between how we have christmas here in Norway and in america i guess. I buy gifts to all my close friends, family, nephews, siblings, parents, grandparents etc. It’s perfectly normal over here :slight_smile:

The reason why im asking for tips is because i am grown up and basically have everything i need. Thats why im asking for help. Since it feels weird getting cash for christmas at the age of 26.

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

Why not both? Like i said in the previous post. I think there is a differnce in how we celebrate christmas in our cultures.

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

I’m in this camp too. I find it harder thinking of things for people to give to me than what to buy for others.

With the exception of my girlfriend and my nieces/nephews (I’ve no kids) I’d prefer just to not give or receive any gifts at all.

Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You guys need some cardio to grow those hearts!

[quote]Andyyboy wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

Why not both? Like i said in the previous post. I think there is a differnce in how we celebrate christmas in our cultures.[/quote]

Well then I respect your culture. I mean it’s not like you;re performing female circumcision or anything like that. LOL

By the way, great avatar!

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I’d prefer just to not give or receive any gifts at all.[/quote]

This is normally the gift my wife and I give each other, haha. Birthdays are already stressful enough.

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]Andyyboy wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

Why not both? Like i said in the previous post. I think there is a differnce in how we celebrate christmas in our cultures.[/quote]

Well then I respect your culture. I mean it’s not like you;re performing female circumcision or anything like that. LOL

[/quote]

We do that during easter.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I’d prefer just to not give or receive any gifts at all.[/quote]

This is normally the gift my wife and I give each other, haha. Birthdays are already stressful enough.[/quote]

me and the mrs go on a short holiday in January instead, makes more sense I think.

As for birthdays - for her last I bought her a bike. Not like a motorbike or anything, just a pushbike. She’s wanted one for years so being the dutiful boyfriend I am I bought her one. Cost a fucking fortune because it’s such a nice one.

She has ridden it not a single time. Looks lovely sitting in our kitchen though.

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]Andyyboy wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

[/quote]

yeah that avatar is amazing! What’s it from?

[quote]Yogi wrote:
yeah that avatar is amazing! What’s it from?[/quote]

It’s from a swedish movie called “kopps”. Pretty funny movie, might be lost in translation/subtitles though.

[quote]Andyyboy wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
yeah that avatar is amazing! What’s it from?[/quote]

It’s from a swedish movie called “kopps”. Pretty funny movie, might be lost in translation/subtitles though.[/quote]

Who cares about dialogue anyway? It the action is like what’s in the avatar, It’s gotta be good!