T Nation

Christmas Weight Gain

Alright on Dec.2 I weighed about 190 lbs, I went to the doctor the other day and I now weigh 219.

I have put on almost 30 lbs inside a month. Now I need to know which diet would be good for a large amount of fat loss such as this.

Any help will be welcomed.

Any of the fat loss diets here will work. Just pick one, stick to it, and see what happens.

[quote] FATTY FATTY wrote:
Alright on Dec.2 I weighed about 190 lbs, I went to the doctor the other day and I now weigh 219.

I have put on almost 30 lbs inside a month. Now I need to know which diet would be good for a large amount of fat loss such as this.

Any help will be welcomed.[/quote]

Wow. Honestly learning how to eat healthy and not make these mistakes again would be your best bet. Who cares if you lose the 30lbs when you’re just going to gain it back the next holiday.

Extreme fatloss diets usually aren’t the best way to go. Gradually decreasing your calories over an extended period of time is the best rout to go. Check out CT’s Carb Cycling Codex.

[quote]Roy wrote:
FATTY FATTY wrote:
Alright on Dec.2 I weighed about 190 lbs, I went to the doctor the other day and I now weigh 219.

I have put on almost 30 lbs inside a month. Now I need to know which diet would be good for a large amount of fat loss such as this.

Any help will be welcomed.

Wow. Honestly learning how to eat healthy and not make these mistakes again would be your best bet. Who cares if you lose the 30lbs when you’re just going to gain it back the next holiday.

Extreme fatloss diets usually aren’t the best way to go. Gradually decreasing your calories over an extended period of time is the best rout to go. Check out CT’s Carb Cycling Codex.[/quote]

Werd. Yo-yoing isn’t going to help you, you’ll just be on a constant rollercoaster. What you do over time is what counts, so just start thinking healthy.

Obviously you’ve been eating like complete shit, so if you just cut out the fast foods and cokes, drink at least a gallon of water per day, eat lean meat and fish, and vegetables (all the shit you know you’re supposed to eat) without all the mayo and cheese you’ll lose weight like crazy.

Once you’ve got some basic good habits established the next simple step is to streamline your diet and excercise routine. Right now just get smart.

You could go extreme and lose the weight. But I think if you learn how to eat properly and clean up your diet you will lose a lot of that weight without having to do much else. That said after you know how you’re supposed to eat you can do whatever diet you like and keep off the weight with your new eating habits.

No advice, but thanks for making the 7 pounds I gained seem not so bad.

[quote] FATTY FATTY wrote:
Alright on Dec.2 I weighed about 190 lbs, I went to the doctor the other day and I now weigh 219.

I have put on almost 30 lbs inside a month. Now I need to know which diet would be good for a large amount of fat loss such as this.

Any help will be welcomed.[/quote]

stop eating so fucking much shit.

and no that doesn’t mean you can eat tons of clean food either, control yourself!

It’s all about portion control and health choices. It’s simple. I think a lot of people let themselves over think things and get bogged down with all sorts of useless information. If you burn more calories than you take in, you will lose weight. Don’t over eat. Order grilled chicken rather than a burger.

That’s pretty near unbelievable.

Anyway, like others are saying, massive changes in weight are very stressful for the body. If you are young you may think you can get away with stuff like this forever – but it will catch up with you.

Get your life/eating under control.

Obviously, substitute some real fruits and vegetables for all the chips, pizza, beer, or whateverthehell crapola you have been shoveling down your piehole like there is no tomorrow.

All that, just in case you aren’t actually just trolling.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
No advice, but thanks for making the 7 pounds I gained seem not so bad.[/quote]

LOL,

Amen to that

JF

What was the time of day difference in the weigh ins as well?? I know I can gain as much as 10 lbs plus from waking to fed and going to bed.

I agree with what others said nail a solid plan you can stick to good habits etc.

Phill

How the hell does someone ACCIDENTALLY gain 30lbs in one month?

Unless you were on some serious medication that you can attribute the weight gain to, that took effort. I am betting someone who worked that hard to stuff food down their throat would need some changes in their entire lifestyle to make permanent changes in their physique.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
How the hell does someone ACCIDENTALLY gain 30lbs in one month?

Unless you were on some serious medication that you can attribute the weight gain to, that took effort. I am betting someone who worked that hard to stuff food down their throat would need some changes in their entire lifestyle to make permanent changes in their physique.[/quote]

It’s like Morgan Spurlock in “Supersize Me.” He had to eat McDonalds every day, every meal for a month and didn’t he put on 25lbs in a month?

Man your body must be screaming at you right now.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
Professor X wrote:
How the hell does someone ACCIDENTALLY gain 30lbs in one month?

Unless you were on some serious medication that you can attribute the weight gain to, that took effort. I am betting someone who worked that hard to stuff food down their throat would need some changes in their entire lifestyle to make permanent changes in their physique.

It’s like Morgan Spurlock in “Supersize Me.” He had to eat McDonalds every day, every meal for a month and didn’t he put on 25lbs in a month?

Man your body must be screaming at you right now.

[/quote]

Thuis is very true didnt even think of that. In theory he’d have to pack in an extra approx 972 k/cals a day and ALLL every bit of that go to fat and thats on top of regular intake.

Heck, I gained 15lbs over christmas but it was mostly water and ah “fibrous” weight. It was all gone in under a week of eating clean. I took some(2T) flax seed with breakfast every morning to “clean the pipes”. Gastric distress anyone? Seriously, eat clean, cut out sugar, eat more veggies and meat and see how it goes for the next month,check back then OK?