Christmas Sucks

i really think the cutoff for this holiday is like 14 or whatever age you stop getting tons of presents or whatever age the majority of your presents suck.

theres nothing merry about it at all, theres too much pressure on christmas for it to be happy. stupid dinner parties, chaffing sweaters, buying presents. all this just because?

its a holiday for parents and children, thats it. i just think Christmas is completely overblown and empty. and since im 21 the only holidays i care about are St Patricks day, haloween and NYE. everything else is just sappy.

oh- plus all the tv shows are ghey

You’re ghey… but correct in that Christmas sucks.

I love christmas

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i really think the cutoff for this holiday is like 14 or whatever age you stop getting tons of presents or whatever age the majority of your presents suck.

theres nothing merry about it at all, theres too much pressure on christmas for it to be happy. stupid dinner parties, chaffing sweaters, buying presents. all this just because?

its a holiday for parents and children, thats it. i just think Christmas is completely overblown and empty. and since im 21 the only holidays i care about are St Patricks day, haloween and NYE. everything else is just sappy.

oh- plus all the tv shows are ghey[/quote]

Wait till you are in a serious relationship, engaged or married and have to strategically plan where you’ll be at what time and with who… fun fun fun

I agree Xmas is BS

Christmas is great, I’m 20 and still enjoy it.

Lighten up.

Meh. I can take it or leave it.

[quote]Mr. Strong wrote:
Christmas is great, I’m 20 and still enjoy it.

Lighten up.

[/quote]

You just made him cut himself. :frowning:

I work in retail. Christmas sucks.

My favorite part of Xmas is getting yelled at by customers about something I have no control over while “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” is blasting through the store.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:

My favorite part of Xmas is getting yelled at by customers about something I have no control over while “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” is blasting through the store.[/quote]

Awww! Have a christmas cookie, brush it off and cheer up!

Yeah, I stopped liking christmas a few years back. But there are a few corollarys to christmas I do enjoy.

1. Colder weather (not quite ‘cold’, because it’s Houston, but cold-er)
  2. The fam (not the extended fam, but the parents and the brother. And his wife, too, I guess).
  3. Not being in school.
  4. Ham. And cookies, though not at the same time.
  5. Christmas lights. This was awesome when I was a kid (looking at other peoples, I hated putting that shit up), and then it got old, and now it’s awesome again. I live right next to a neighborhood that’s a huge tourist destination for x-mas lights, and it’s always fun to swing by and see what new designs they use. They get really serious into it, too.

So christmas isn’t all bad.

The New Years gym rush, though, IS all bad.

[quote]Otep wrote:

The New Years gym rush, though, IS all bad.[/quote]

Now that is something that truly sucks.

Kind of a double edged sword though I guess. Maybe a percentage of the resolutionists will actually stick with it.

And while that cramps the gym slightly more, there will be a few less fat people around, which is awesome.

Christmas has been no big deal for me for many years now. I agree that there is too much pressure on people to go out and spend, spend, spend. People have too much crap the way it is, why buy them more? I’ve basically told everyone to not buy me anything, I don’t NEED anything, don’t waste your money. And for gosh sakes, don’t just buy me something for the sake of buying me something. Talk about a waste of money.

With a baby on the way, Christmas will start to be fun again. I can’t wait to see my child’s face on Christmas Eve and what not. But until that day, I say “Meh” to Christmas.

[quote]dre wrote:
Christmas has been no big deal for me for many years now. I agree that there is too much pressure on people to go out and spend, spend, spend. People have too much crap the way it is, why buy them more? I’ve basically told everyone to not buy me anything, I don’t NEED anything, don’t waste your money. And for gosh sakes, don’t just buy me something for the sake of buying me something. Talk about a waste of money.

With a baby on the way, Christmas will start to be fun again. I can’t wait to see my child’s face on Christmas Eve and what not. But until that day, I say “Meh” to Christmas.[/quote]

That will be fun! Congrats on the baby.

I like cartoons and palying in the snow. and most of all snow days off of work. other than that its just a cold time of the year.

Christmas is great, haters.

Ham sucks, though. Honey roasted turkey ftw.

[quote]FormerlyTexasGuy wrote:
dre wrote:

With a baby on the way, Christmas will start to be fun again. I can’t wait to see my child’s face on Christmas Eve and what not. But until that day, I say “Meh” to Christmas.

That will be fun! Congrats on the baby. [/quote]

Thanks!

[quote]FormerlyTexasGuy wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:

My favorite part of Xmas is getting yelled at by customers about something I have no control over while “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” is blasting through the store.

Awww! Have a christmas cookie, brush it off and cheer up![/quote]

A Christmas cookie with a broken heart, that’s special.

[quote]Otep wrote:

1. The fam (not the extended fam, but the parents and the brother. And his wife, too, I guess).
    [/quote]

“…I guess.” Funny as hell!

[quote]Travacolypse wrote:
Christmas is great, haters.

Ham sucks, though. Honey roasted turkey ftw.[/quote]

Christmas does indeed suck, as does ham. But I’m with you on the honey roasted turkey!

[quote]streamline wrote:
FormerlyTexasGuy wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:

Awww! Have a christmas cookie, brush it off and cheer up!

A Christmas cookie with a broken heart, that’s special.[/quote]

And very fitting.