T Nation

Christmas Gifts for Your Woman

Time to get you guys thinking about what you are getting your woman this year.

The wife travels quite a bit so she has hinted that she needs a new roller bag. Good roller bags can easily fetch over $400, so it is a nice gift but personally it seems too pratical of a gift to give a woman for Christmas. I was thinking that and something smaller, but less pratical. Any thoughts Ladies or the rest of the guys?

My wife likes Tiffany jewelry and Coach leather handbags… aaaand a romp in the sack with Iron Dwarf.

Damn you spend a lot of money.

This is more my speed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNk743EqMNk&feature=related

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
My wife likes Tiffany jewelry and Coach leather handbags… aaaand a romp in the sack with Iron Dwarf.[/quote]

Yeah I have done all of these things before. Right now I find that a lot of women seem to really like Kate Spade leather goods as well. None of this ever fails. I was thinking of following my basic rule for buying jewelery: Focus on a nice stone held by a small piece of white metal. Maybe a gemstone pendant necklace.

Diamonds :slight_smile: cant go wrong there :stuck_out_tongue:

Really, all it takes to personalize a practical gift is throwing in something that you took some time in doing; that means rather than going with the Hallmark card, make one of your own. If you’re not very artistic, write her a letter, slip it in the bag, and let her find it herself while she’s on one of her trips (may not pay off right away, but trust me, it will at some point).

As for what I’ll get the girlfriend for Christmas, no fucking idea… but props to you for planning so far in advance.

My girl likes Judith Ripka jewelry. Not too expensive so it makes life a little easier.

Of course you could always commission a piece of original art from Iron Dwarf.

Another good T-man on these forums has done so, and his wife was very pleased.

:wink:

[quote].josh. wrote:
Really, all it takes to personalize a practical gift is throwing in something that you took some time in doing; that means rather than going with the Hallmark card, make one of your own. If you’re not very artistic, write her a letter, slip it in the bag, and let her find it herself while she’s on one of her trips (may not pay off right away, but trust me, it will at some point).

As for what I’ll get the girlfriend for Christmas, no fucking idea… but props to you for planning so far in advance.[/quote]

This! I’d love something like this a trillion times more than any over-priced handbag or jewelry for that matter. Something that is personal always goes straight to the heart.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

;)[/quote]

WHORE!

Yes, i’m jealous.

[quote]BigJawnMize wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
My wife likes Tiffany jewelry and Coach leather handbags… aaaand a romp in the sack with Iron Dwarf.

Yeah I have done all of these things before. [/quote]

you have gone for a romp in the sack with I.dwarf?

homo

You can go to www.personalizationmall.com they have some nice ideas on there. If you have a way with words you could write her a poem & have it written/etched in a glass heart/block.

Here’s a link…

They even have some pre written sentiments, if you have trouble coming up with something to say.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
BigJawnMize wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

Yeah I have done all of these things before.

you have gone for a romp in the sack with I.dwarf?

homo[/quote]

Jealous

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
My wife likes Tiffany jewelry and Coach leather handbags… aaaand a romp in the sack with Iron Dwarf.[/quote]

NeelyDan won’t be happy that Iron Dwarf is referring to Iron Dwarf in the third person.

I like vacations. A couple days away usually does the trick. As long as there are no big money restrictions and you choose a nice relaxing destination. I usually like Oregon coast b & b’s. Cheap and out of the way with lots of beautiful views and michelin rated restaurants.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

NeelyDan won’t be happy that Iron Dwarf is referring to Iron Dwarf in the third person.

[/quote]

LOL!

Oh, the wrath of an angry anteater.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

;)[/quote]

I can attest to this. ID did a kick-ass job!

[quote]johnson575 wrote:
I like vacations. A couple days away usually does the trick. As long as there are no big money restrictions and you choose a nice relaxing destination. I usually like Oregon coast b & b’s. Cheap and out of the way with lots of beautiful views and michelin rated restaurants.[/quote]

Ahhh, booting her out the door for a few days. Brilliant! :wink:

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

:wink:

I can attest to this. ID did a kick-ass job![/quote]

It helps that your wife is hot, haha.

[quote]BigJawnMize wrote:
Time to get you guys thinking about what you are getting your woman this year.
[/quote]

I was thinking a Brookstone Personal Massager since my girl can be pretty tired from a long day at work and sore from lifting at the gym.