T Nation

Christmas Day Workouts

Lets see who else out there felt the need to go training Christmas day, post your workout here.

Here is mine:

Extended Set Chins (10 second drop sets)
1st Set: 18, 6, 6, 4.
2nd Set: 14, 4, 4, 2.

Single arm dumbell rows:
3x10 each arm @50kg dumbell

A1: Fat man pull up’s on blast straps 4x max
A2: Revers grip bench 4x max

PWO Drink: Hot chocolate with whipping cream… yeah baby!

I am supposed to train tommorrow but my gym is closed.

Ya my gym is closed too.

Fuck Christmas. I hope Santa has a heart attack.

This was done the morning of Christmas eve, all tabata style with 40 seconds between tabata’s

thrusters
jump rope
mountain climbers
up downs
push ups
frog jumps
crunches
up downs
mountain climbers
thrusters

This workout sucked. I wanted to quit pretty much immediately. It did give me perspective though. It helped me realize how much I have to be happy for. This workout and thinking about the movie “The Boy in the Striped Pajamas” really made me appreciate being with my family.

I did some body-weight stuff today as I’m away from my gym. It is a scheduled deload week anyway.

Bodyweight squats 4x20, 1xF(30ish reps, stopped counting, went until I couldn’t anymore) 60s rest between sets

Push ups 3xF, 2-3 minutes between sets

Chin ups 3xF, 2-3 minutes between sets

I hit 11 chins today. A new rep PR. Still sucks. But it’s improving, 20+ chins in the next couple months? I think so.

BW=around 220

I’m always in the gym Christmas Morning. Of course now that I live in an area with a huge Russian Population (Russian Jews), although the place is open for Christmas, it’s closed for Rosh Hashana and other instances I wouldn’t normally expect.

In about an hour I’ll be hitting my delts and traps,… probably while wearing my old Santa Hat with the Tazmanian Devil embroidered on it (the Warner Bros store put out some damn cool stuff in the late '90’s -lol)

Happy Holidays to everyone on here, and remember, if you’re gonna bringe on your diet, REALLY BINGE on your diet :slight_smile:

S

I have better stuff to do than workout on Christmas

My Christmas Day workout will comprise the following:

• Hauling in wood for the fire, which includes high legwork tramping through snow
  • Shoveling a leftover snow drift
  • Pulling a sled (weighted by 2 40 pound weights that laugh and throw snowballs)
  • Grip work: Tearing apart cardboard boxes and grabbing logs

Nutrition: Pot of coffee, lots of bacon and eggs, Chinese takeout.

:wink:

Merry Christmas!

[quote]latenight_lifter wrote:
This was done the morning of Christmas eve, all tabata style with 40 seconds between tabata’s

thrusters
jump rope
mountain climbers
up downs
push ups
frog jumps
crunches
up downs
mountain climbers
thrusters

This workout sucked. I wanted to quit pretty much immediately. It did give me perspective though. It helped me realize how much I have to be happy for. This workout and thinking about the movie “The Boy in the Striped Pajamas” really made me appreciate being with my family.[/quote]

All those done Tabata style? Geez that’d be less then fun

For me, it’s my scheduled off day anyways, just happened to fall like that. Otherwise I would be going to the gym, it is closed, but I work there so I can open it just for me.

My gyms are owned by trolls, otherwise I would be working out today. I don’t like Christmas.

I’m outgrowing my home-gym again, so Santa brought me more dumbbells/ plates for Christmas.

It’s back day!
Hoooraaay for deadlifts!

i did my workout for today yesterday so im allset.

if you HAVE to do something, just do some bodyweight stuff, maybe some circuits of pushups, and dips or chinups and squats. itll be a nice change of pace for one whole day too…but really its only 1 day you can take it off or push another day back and be fine, c’mon guys.

I was supposed to work shoulders and hamstrings Christmas day, but since I was off work Christmas eve i had the desire to work out, so I worked my hamstrings x-mas eve and my shoulders x-mas day…my gym has 24 hour access, so its all good

[quote]Stuntman Mike wrote:
Ya my gym is closed too.

Fuck Christmas. I hope Santa has a heart attack.[/quote]

haha…pretty funny. I feel the exact same way. Santa is fucking with my schedule!!

I have RE Upper today… and it’s closed… :S I’ll do it up tomorrow and Sat instead I guess…

<— home gym ftw

as for workout a regular leg day

1. set of back squats
  2. set of leg extensions
  3. set of leg curls

repeat 1-3 5 times

I hit a triple with 305 lbs on the bench for the first time today. That was a nice Christmas gift.

bpeck

Just Finished

5 Times Around
A1. Standing shoulder DB Press x 5
A2. Front Lunges x 5
A3. DB Rows x 5

5 Times Around
B1. DB Tricep Extensions x 5
B2. Standing Hammer Curls x 5
B3. Squats x 5

Great workout after Day of Christmas
Chaos. Really clears the mind.

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
<— home gym ftw

as for workout a regular leg day

1. set of back squats
  2. set of leg extensions
  3. set of leg curls

repeat 1-3 5 times[/quote]

how do you do leg exts and curls at home? do you have one of those all-in-one gyms?

Curls- 20 heavy singles

Single Arm DB Presses- 10 heavy singles each arm

In my home gym. Always open. :slight_smile: