Christmas before Halloween?

Why does Christmas now start just before Halloween? Shouldn’t there be a law that you don’t hear Christmas music until at least November? When the hell did Christmas turn into some free for all at the local department store? Most of you aren’t even buying decent gifts anyway.

The baskets are filled with Care Bears, Cabbage Patch kids(you know, the same ones that came out in 1985 but little kids weren’t born yet to know an old idea when they see it) and cheap ass Pokemon animals. I can’t even go shopping for food right now because Wal-mart is filled to capacity with obesity-scooters and I really don’t want to hurt anyone who is blocking an entire aisle with their 72" ass and basket as if they didn’t think anyone else would be shopping in their personal area today.

Isn’t our economy falling apart? Is this like in Dawn of The Dead where the zombies still go to the mall even though they died a long time ago and have no brains?

Has the Zombie-pocalypse started already?

Is Christmas now the time of year where we show we have no souls?

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/wtf_is_wrong_with_people

Yeah, I agree. People know we’re in the shitter, and everyone’s lookin’ for a way out of a hard time.

That repulsive incident that happened at Wal Mart is less than 15 minutes from where I live.

People are fucking out of their minds.

consumerism and a rampant sense of self entitlement makes a dangerous mix

consumerism is the track the iron horse of america rides on.

Yup, it sucks big time.

Do any of the grocery stores near you have the delivery service for an extra ten bucks or so? I’ve used those a couple times to save the hassle and from getting pissed off walking around, well worth the money.

Started in England like 2 weeks ago !

Catch up !!

Overfilled malls suck balls.

(bwhahaha, I should become a poet)

Seriously though, it’s not as bad here it seems.

Or maybe it’s because groups of people part before me like the waves of the ocean did before Moses?

Then again, we don’t have armies of 600lb scooter-rowdies driving through our shopping-centers.
(that would probably be kind of a challenge even for Trevor Smith… rest in peace, Trevor)
Our fat people can still walk, for the most part ;D

Apparently so.

At the Lowe’s in my town, about 35 people were arrested for looting on the same day. Lightning struck somewhere close by, and it shut off the lights. So as the lights were warming back up, people started hauling ass with merchandise. They didn’t realize that the alarm system and cameras were still on.

There were also fistfights and shoving matches at Wal-mart and Sears. All over some shitty-ass toys.

This is the time of year we’re supposed to show love for the people of the world, but sadly, my contempt grows stronger each year.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

Apparently so.

At the Lowe’s in my town, about 35 people were arrested for looting on the same day. Lightning struck somewhere close by, and it shut off the lights. So as the lights were warming back up, people started hauling ass with merchandise. They didn’t realize that the alarm system and cameras were still on.

There were also fistfights and shoving matches at Wal-mart and Sears. All over some shitty-ass toys.

This is the time of year we’re supposed to show love for the people of the world, but sadly, my contempt grows stronger each year.

[/quote]

Wow. We sure as hell don’t get it that bad over here (makes you wonder why, after all people are normally assholes no matter where they live).

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

[/quote]

I think I can remember a time when I was a kid that those scooters were actually for handicapped people…not people who are so fat that they can’t walk on their own well enough to buy even more food.

Aaaaaah, nostalgia.

I like the fact that all of this rage and unfortunately tragedy only happens the day after Thanksgiving. I know some stores have good deals, but come on, the toys or other worthless shit your kid wants are still going to be there after, or heaven forbid, before Black Friday.

Is everyone so desperately cheap and self minded that people are dying because Suzy wants an Opps I shit My Pants Doll and mom is willing to trample and kill an employee to save that 10 dollars on a toy that if she cant afford she shouldn’t be getting anyway

When did Christmas become about buying crap that you cannot afford and placing yourself in further debt.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
JayPierce wrote:

Apparently so.

Wow. We sure as hell don’t get it that bad over here (makes you wonder why, after all people are normally assholes no matter where they live).
[/quote]

I spent a lot of my childhood in Germany. As I remember it, there is a huge sense of family and community over there, especially this time of year. I miss that.

Christmas is the American culture’s form of corporate welfare. Somehow it convinces hordes of people to spend money on crap they would never otherwise buy, keeping in business all sorts of companies that really shouldn’t be in business (think everything on QVC or in Skymall). The relative lack of utility of many of the gifts sets the exchange apart from other traditional reciprocal exchanges and makes the whole thing more like a destruction of wealth as a form of conspicuous consumption. I’m trying to remember a culture where this happens-- ie ceremonial burning of resources for social as opposed to religious purposes-- but the example I was thinking of slipped my mind.

I stopped doing presents for anyone over eighteen years ago (I’m single). Fourteen to eighteen it’s gift certificates, at cool places. Over eighteen, there’s ton’s of home made baked goods and other foods. As well as other party favorites.

I like to keep the kids up on the latest geek gadget. After fourteen your guessing what they like. If I have zero idea I ask them what stores they like. Best thing about gift cards, you can buy them anytime, they’re never on sale.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
[/quote]

I agree.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

I think I can remember a time when I was a kid that those scooters were actually for handicapped people…not people who are so fat that they can’t walk on their own well enough to buy even more food.

Aaaaaah, nostalgia.[/quote]

Seriously. Since when did “fat” become a handicap? I’m willing to bet, whatever disease they have that “handicaps” them, stems from being obese to begin with. Thus, the only sensible thing to do is give them something to make them even lazier.

[quote]ndiddy85 wrote:
When did Christmas become about buying crap that you cannot afford and placing yourself in further debt. [/quote]

Since little Timmy (little Jonny’s classmate) got it and made fun of Timmy for not having it.

I understand parents want to make their kids happy, but buying kids hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of christmas gifts gives these little shits a sense of entitlement. To everything.

I used to work at an art studio, and the majority of kids were probably 7-15 years old. I’ll always remember the first week back to class after the holidays these kids rattling off gifts… “Tiffany’s this, burbery that.”

Isnt buying on credit how the depression happened?

Was this post too cynical? hah…

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Why does Christmas now start just before Halloween? Shouldn’t there be a law that you don’t hear Christmas music until at least November? When the hell did Christmas turn into some free for all at the local department store? Most of you aren’t even buying decent gifts anyway. [/quote]

No kidding. This year, the part that bothered me most was that I saw our local Wal-Mart going all out with Christmas decorations before Veteran’s Day. How disrespectful is that?

Don’t go near the Joe Louis isle, that’s all I have to say. You’ll be taking your life into your own hands. It’s interfering with my bulk and it’s pissing me off.